Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Updated Charlton life signing criteria 

We need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.

No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

No one that has ever been to Demark

No loans because you can’t build a long term squad with loans
    That is true, to a degree, but it's also highly unlikely that we are going to have squad of 25 in league 1 that would be here for 3 or 4 years anyway. 

Good quality loans are priceless, especially at our level, low quality loans are a waste of everyone's time. 
    Loans ideally would be papering over a few cracks rather than the players you build around/rely on. A squad that RELIES on someone else's player to work is a weak squad IMO, which is not to say a team/squad can't be improved/strengthened by a good loan player.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ignore just seen the other two threads.
  • Options
    David Davis has been released by Shrewsbury... 
  • Options
    Alex Pritchard, although only 28, is giving me far too many Ben Watson vibes. If he has a renewed hunger to perform then I’m all for it but that’s a big question mark IMO.
    He is closer in age to Albie Morgan than Ben Watson..... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Alex Pritchard, although only 28, is giving me far too many Ben Watson vibes. If he has a renewed hunger to perform then I’m all for it but that’s a big question mark IMO.
    He is closer in age to Albie Morgan than Ben Watson..... 
    Most people would unless you happen to be a dinosaur.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I’ve heard that Schwartz is heading back to Denmark with another Dane coming the opposite way. No idea who though.
    Any idea who the Dane is?
    I’m hearing it’s a Great Dane......meets the CAFC height test and is good in the air.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to do Callum a favour - not taking on his duties.

Eisa
    https://youtu.be/hE5s91g06V0

Instead of watching a player's best moments video on Youtube, I wish they'd produce footage of his FFS! worst moments, missed open goals and other howlers.

Then we'd know truly the player we could be signing ...... especially once he was Charltonised. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve heard that Schwartz is heading back to Denmark with another Dane coming the opposite way. No idea who though.
    Waste of time and effort on both parts then. Guess we'll never know if he would have come good.
  • Options
    Why do we have to get another dane? It's clear that Ronnie didn't work, hopefully Thomas dosn't have some obsession with signing Rolandesque Danes.
    Currently having a great season with Middelfart G&BK
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Alex Pritchard released by Huddersfield linked with us this morning 
    Source?
    @RonnieMoore i.e twitter etc?
    EFL Instagram 
    I can't find the story?
  • Options
    Chuba Akpom released by Boro, see a report that says he’s not been backed by the manager.  London boy, needs the right people around him perhaps, been at one too many clubs needing a settled move!  (Awaits wiki link showing shit figures)
    Rubbish network signing was on loan to STVV just before Roland flogged them (I think).

Was at Hull before Adkins was so obviously knows him :wink:
  • Options
    Chuks will know him too from Arsenal youth days I expect 
  • Options
    Pritchard and Akpom would be good signings. Understand if Schwartz goes back but don't have big expectations about whoever comes in exchange - I guess we wouldn't get our money back on Ronnie though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if if a young player is progressing but not ready for 1st team then a loan makes sense 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Pratley released - already a goodbye message on LinkedIn
    Showing his age with his choice of social media platform.
    He also uploaded it on Friends Reunited
  • Options
    Chuba Akpom released by Boro, see a report that says he’s not been backed by the manager.  London boy, needs the right people around him perhaps, been at one too many clubs needing a settled move!  (Awaits wiki link showing shit figures)

• Options

My post was not a rumour (ok Dazzler) I just noticed he’d been released and thought it was worth mentioning!
  • Options

My post was not a rumour (ok Dazzler) I just noticed he’d been released and thought it was worth mentioning!
    Has he been released?  They paid nearly 3 million for him in September 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Has he been released?  They paid nearly 3 million for him in September 
    No apologies I stand corrected, he’s been told he can leave.
  • Options
    D DAY tomorrow !

I wonder if the club coms will do the usual and make the announcement on who has been released or going on loan after 5pm ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Updated Charlton life signing criteria 

We need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.

No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

No one that has ever been to Demark

No loans because you can’t build a long term squad with loans
    I have to say I agree with that one.
    I would still have some loans but not 5.

I would loan a premier league youngster as 4th choice centre back to allow barker u-23 time or a conference loan. 
    You might, I doubt they would.

Hi Pep it's Nigle Adkins here, trust you slept well, can I borrow one of your kids to be 4th choice?  Hello, hello, anyone there? 
    When you explain it like that 😂

being in and around men’s football, being part of the squad, might be appealing rather than u-18 football? Or am I digging a bigger hole?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!