Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Pratley released - already a goodbye message on LinkedIn
    Showing his age with his choice of social media platform.
    Watson set to announce his departure by fax this evening.
    Seeing as he has the turning circle of an oil tanker I expect semiphor...
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    D DAY tomorrow !

I wonder if the club coms will do the usual and make the announcement on who has been released or going on loan after 5pm ?
    I hope we don't find out who is being loaned out til much later.
  • Options
    Shinnie's gone too - announced on his IG account. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    This does make announcing "the list" a bit pointless. 
  • Options
    Real shame that.. I thought he was a good players, created chances and could score. Unfortunately Adkins didn’t rate him, and wants to bring his own players in. 
  • Options
    Was surprised at how little he played once Adkins came in, thought he was more than capable of being at least in the matchday squad, if not a starter if he found some consistency,  guess he doesn't fit in with Adkins desired style of play. Shame as he was likable as well, wish him all the best 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Updated Charlton life signing criteria 

We need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.

No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

No one that has ever been to Demark

No loans because you can’t build a long term squad with loans
    I have to say I agree with that one.
    I would still have some loans but not 5.

I would loan a premier league youngster as 4th choice centre back to allow barker u-23 time or a conference loan. 
    You might, I doubt they would.

Hi Pep it's Nigle Adkins here, trust you slept well, can I borrow one of your kids to be 4th choice?  Hello, hello, anyone there? 
    When you explain it like that 😂

being in and around men’s football, being part of the squad, might be appealing rather than u-18 football? Or am I digging a bigger hole?
    They could do that at their own clubs.

The parent clubs want them to play just as we do when we loan young players out.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Alex Pritchard, although only 28, is giving me far too many Ben Watson vibes. If he has a renewed hunger to perform then I’m all for it but that’s a big question mark IMO.
    He is closer in age to Albie Morgan than Ben Watson..... 
    You can be as young as you want but I don’t want you if you’re just here to go through the motions. That certainly seems to be the case for Pritchard at Huddersfield recently. My point was less about age and more about desire, sorry if it wasn’t obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we've lost Pratley, Shinnie, Smith (Loan) and JFC (until Xmas) in the centre of the park - we're bound to have our eyes on at least one or two CMs, but also could signal Morgan having a more prominent role in the team next year maybe?

Maybe that's just me being hopeful as I'd love to see him getting more game time
  • Options
    Shame about Shinnie, good player. Time for Morgan to step up in that case. 
  • Options
    Interesting that player departures are being announced by the players first, rather than the club. I guess it's more "polite" for the club to do the formal statement on Friday, and let the players do their own announcement beforehand if they wish
  • Options
    I think we might get the full released list tonight?
  • Options
    I think Albie might go off on loan myself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    Agree. He's never going to become the consistent player at this level we want him to be if we don't let him play regularly.

He also fits the Adkins mould of young developing players. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think he'll be a key part of our midfield this year.
    Imagine him on regular set pieces with Innis, Stockley and possibly Famewo attacking them.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He has been suck between a rock and a hard place for two years now, through no fault of his own.

He needs a long run of games to develop the consistency and he hasn't had them because of lack of consistency.  Not only his BTW. 

Hopefully with different players around him he can get that run and nail down the shirt as his own. 

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I think he'll be a key part of our midfield this year.
    He should be. Best passer of the ball we have......might not track back enough but I'm not bothered about that unless Watson can score a screamer or Amos take a corner.
  • Options
    Didn't think that Shinnie would be one of the releases, sounds a little bit bitter on the instagram message, he seemed to be a reliable player and one to keep, we could be looking at the thin end of the wedge here, and maybe some shocks when the list is official.
  • Options
    Didn't think that Shinnie would be one of the releases, sounds a little bit bitter on the instagram message, he seemed to be a reliable player and one to keep, we could be looking at the thin end of the wedge here, and maybe some shocks when the list is official.
    There won't be any shocks unless we pay off some players who are under contract. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.
  • Options
    Morgan been around the first team for a few seasons now. Next season he needs to prove he is worth a starting place in a L1 side. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!