Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Doubt we'll go back in for him but Fleetwood have released Josh Morris 
  • Options
    Doubt we'll go back in for him but Fleetwood have released Josh Morris 
    I would be amazed if we did. 
  • Options
    Dozzell has plenty of potential and Woolfenden was getting good reviews a couple of years back... I think everyone at that club has suffered under the Lambert malaise, so of these players will do really well with a fresh start. 
  • Options
    Not exactly a rumour, but my local club Ipswich are having a huge clear-out, Flynn Downes, Andre Dozzell, and Luke Woolfenden have all reportedly been told to find new clubs - would love any of them here, particularly Downes.
    Looking at their list I do wonder if they have gone too far and are chucking the baby out. 

They are taking it rather seriously though, looking from the outside. 
  • Options
    Not exactly a rumour, but my local club Ipswich are having a huge clear-out, Flynn Downes, Andre Dozzell, and Luke Woolfenden have all reportedly been told to find new clubs - would love any of them here, particularly Downes.
    Would be very happy with Downes. Those three are probably three of their best players in my opinion and I wouldn't be unhappy with any of them.

I'd have expected them to keep those three and build the team around them.
  • Options
    Maybe it is a sign of intent from their new owners ! perhaps next season wont be as easy as we thought 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Shame about Shinnie, good player. Time for Morgan to step up in that case. 
    I think Albie might go off on loan myself
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.
    Albie didn't shine in the last couple of games? You kidding?

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.
    How many league 1 players do have a 90 min influence? If they did that, they would play for Man City 
  • Options
    Really surprised Ipswich are letting Flynn Downes go. Excellent player, he'd fit in perfectly. I think Palace tried to sign him last summer though and he kicked up a bit of a fuss when the move didn't happen, so maybe he's seen as disruptive by Cook and fell into their 'doesn't want to be here, don't want him' category
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Maybe it is a sign of intent from their new owners ! perhaps next season wont be as easy as we thought 
    Maybe other teams would say the same about us given we let Pratley (very experienced battler) and Shinnie (good playmaker and passer) both go. Hard to be sure from the outside.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

You realise he's 21 not 27 right? 

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
    As I’ve said if we want to stay in league 1, then let let him play as many games as you like. I don’t want to, so loan him out until he is capable of doing what you think he can.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

How many league 1 players do have a 90 min influence? If they did that, they would play for Man City 
    And yet he doesn’t do it in league 1, says  it all really. If Albie is the one we are relying on from the the start of next season, we don’t have aspirations of promotion. Like I’ve said before he may come good but at his age he’s had plenty of chances and failed to take them . But your welcome to just look at the fleeting good bits he’s done and decide he’s the future, it’s about opinions.

He is not getting his chances consistently. Pratley, Watson, Maatsen, Millar, Gilbey and many others had loads of chances and consistently made mistakes, but did not get dropped.

For Albie when he didn't play well previously, he was dropped... Not exactly fair treatment was it?

Adkins builds young sides...  Albie won't tear the league up, but he IS good enough for this level. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Pratley released - already a goodbye message on LinkedIn
    Showing his age with his choice of social media platform.
    He's on Linkedin because he's looking for a new job. :wink:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

And yet he doesn’t do it in league 1, says  it all really. If Albie is the one we are relying on from the the start of next season, we don’t have aspirations of promotion. Like I’ve said before he may come good but at his age he’s had plenty of chances and failed to take them . But your welcome to just look at the fleeting good bits he’s done and decide he’s the future, it’s about opinions.

He is not getting his chances consistently. Pratley, Watson, Maatsen, Millar, Gilbey and many others had loads of chances and consistently made mistakes, but did not get dropped.

For Albie when he didn't play well previously, he was dropped... Not exactly fair treatment was it?

Adkins builds young sides...  Albie won't tear the league up, but he IS good enough for this level. 
    That’s the problem he’s had his chances and not taken them. He’s not good enough to be number 1 pick in our midfield if we want promotion, and to keep coming of the bench isn’t going to help his progress. He may come good but can’t see it being with Charlton at the moment.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing if Albie is good enough/consistent enough or anything else.  But why does he deserve it?

No one deserves it, you have to earn it. 

We won't get promoted by giving players runs in the team because they "deserve an opportunity", they have to earn it in training and with their performances on the pitch when they do get the chance. 
    Absolutely this. And if he produces and forces his way in consistently, I’ll shout his name and support him like I always do because he’s wearing our shirt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me Albies dead ball delivery is miles ahead of JFC and he showed that at the end of the season. However he is a bit hit n miss in terms of drifting in and out of games for long periods. I do think he should be in the matchday squad this year for sure but also agree if we are thinking he will be a regular starter then we are in trouble imo
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    For me Albies dead ball delivery is miles ahead of JFC and he showed that at the end of the season. However he is a bit hit n miss in terms of drifting in and out of games for long periods. I do think he should be in the matchday squad this year for sure but also agree if we are thinking he will be a regular starter then we are in trouble imo
    Yes I agree, he did do some good bits, but just doesn’t do it enough. I know some players develop later, but 21 after going through an academy isn’t that young that he shouldn’t be influencing games these days.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Yes I agree, he did do some good bits, but just doesn’t do it enough. I know some players develop later, but 21 after going through an academy isn’t that young that he shouldn’t be influencing games these days.
    21 isn't that young? come on now. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    It is to me, at my age! 

• Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Cristiano Ronaldo only scored 9 goals in the premier league when he was 21 whatever happened to him.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    So when people say if he is good enough he’s old enough, why at 21 is he still not good enough and how old do we give him until?. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    So when people say if he is good enough he’s old enough, why at 21 is he still not good enough and how old do we give him until?. 
    You’re presenting your personal opinion as if it’s a fact. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    It is to me, at my age! 

It is young to me too, but in football terms good players break through early and often sustain it. Not all admittedly. In league 1 he should be playing regularly now but he isn’t.
  • Options
    With regards to the rest of the released list

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!