Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Shame about Shinnie, good player. Time for Morgan to step up in that case. 
    I think Albie might go off on loan myself
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.
    Albie didn't shine in the last couple of games? You kidding?

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.
    You realise he's 21 not 27 right? 

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing if Albie is good enough/consistent enough or anything else.  But why does he deserve it?

No one deserves it, you have to earn it. 

We won't get promoted by giving players runs in the team because they "deserve an opportunity", they have to earn it in training and with their performances on the pitch when they do get the chance. 
    Because each time he's been frozen out he's worked his way back in. He deserves the opportunity based on earning it... Not that hard to get?
    And he keeps being "frozen out" for a reason.  Absolutely he should be one of our six center mids for next season.

But he doesn't deserve just to be given a place in the team.  Neither does anyone else. 
    Surely if he’s that good he would have already been a regular and then there would be no debate. But he keeps getting dropped for a reason. 
    He got dropped by Bowyer for one clearance in a game that he had otherwise done very well in.

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension (to June 2023) on the pitch.
    It’s the hope that gets you!!

It's the CAFC way. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I honestly think some fans look at Albie with rose tinted glasses as he’s one of our own.

He’s a perfectly adequate player but we talk about him like he’s Tiago. 

Look at the stats he’s scored once (?) and doesn’t really assist, create or defend ... he hits a nice Hollywood pass that makes us go ooooh and ticks it over ok.

He should be in our squad but not starting week in week out until there’s some end product.

If we want him to play 40 games then loan him out, don’t weaken our team for his development- he can do that in another team.
    I think we talk about him like he’s capable of having a massive impact on a league one promotion, and so did bowyer and Adkins (but needs to work on bus defensive side).
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Shame about Shinnie, good player. Time for Morgan to step up in that case. 
    I think Albie might go off on loan myself
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.
    Albie didn't shine in the last couple of games? You kidding?

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.
    You realise he's 21 not 27 right? 

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing if Albie is good enough/consistent enough or anything else.  But why does he deserve it?

No one deserves it, you have to earn it. 

We won't get promoted by giving players runs in the team because they "deserve an opportunity", they have to earn it in training and with their performances on the pitch when they do get the chance. 
    Because each time he's been frozen out he's worked his way back in. He deserves the opportunity based on earning it... Not that hard to get?
    And he keeps being "frozen out" for a reason.  Absolutely he should be one of our six center mids for next season.

But he doesn't deserve just to be given a place in the team.  Neither does anyone else. 
    Surely if he’s that good he would have already been a regular and then there would be no debate. But he keeps getting dropped for a reason. 
    He got dropped by Bowyer for one clearance in a game that he had otherwise done very well in.

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension (to June 2023) on the pitch.
    It’s the hope that gets you!!

It's the CAFC way. 
    That will never change!!. But if  we all agree things would get boring. The main thing to agree on is our support for our club. Let’s look forward to lots of good exciting rumours going forward though.
  • Options
    Albie is squad for me with the potential to have a break through season with minutes here and there. Similar to how Pep dealt with Foden (obviously I know they are lightyears apart). 

My ideal midfield 3 which is what I assume Adkins will be going with is Alex Gilbey (based on what we saw towards the end), Scott Fraser & Kyle Dempsey. That would be an impeccable midfield for this level, could maybe even make the step up if the confidence is there. 

I like Albie and I reckon he will have a decent career if he works on his gritty work side of things but he isn't ready to start for us week in week out imo

Sorry to clutter the thread without a rumour for the rumour checkers ;) 
    I would like Dempsey, anyone that walks into a club and becomes captain at 24 has something about them.  Not sure I would want Fraser and Gilbey together in a 3, one of them would have to "do a job".  I still want round pegs etc etc
  • Options
    Chuks hasbeen offered a new contract as has Pearce. JFC one year deal too.
    But signing it is a different story. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Albie is squad for me with the potential to have a break through season with minutes here and there. Similar to how Pep dealt with Foden (obviously I know they are lightyears apart). 

My ideal midfield 3 which is what I assume Adkins will be going with is Alex Gilbey (based on what we saw towards the end), Scott Fraser & Kyle Dempsey. That would be an impeccable midfield for this level, could maybe even make the step up if the confidence is there. 

I like Albie and I reckon he will have a decent career if he works on his gritty work side of things but he isn't ready to start for us week in week out imo

I would like Dempsey, anyone that walks into a club and becomes captain at 24 has something about them.  Not sure I would want Fraser and Gilbey together in a 3, one of them would have to "do a job".  I still want round pegs etc etc
    I was thinking that but it is league 1 and we shouldn't have to have a job doer I reckon. Gilbey gets about, Dempsey from what I saw seemed box to box & Fraser would be the luxury mid. Either way if we managed to get those two it would be cracking, it's so annoying that when Fraser was free we were under embargo, MK Dons can't be paying him too much 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Been told Deji also leaving, no real surprise.
    WIOTOS,.. B)
     At this rate by the time the official announcement of the list is made it will be a waste of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for info. Watson too?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Thanks for info. Watson too?
    Not sure on Watson, think he is under contract due to a triggered additional year from games played.
  • Options
    Sounds like they’re making the obvious choices on who to retain / release. Amos and Matthews will be the interesting ones as to whether they are offered new deals as they’ve both been in the team under Adkins
  • Options

I like Albie and I reckon he will have a decent career if he works on his gritty work side of things, but he isn't ready to start for us week in week out imo

Yeah you're probably right. Foden has nothing on Albie :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Updated for today:

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I have heard DJ is confirmed for next year @Dazzler21
    He has a 3 yr contract, with 2.5 yrs left on it! :lol:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I was thinking that but it is league 1 and we shouldn't have to have a job doer I reckon. Gilbey gets about, Dempsey from what I saw seemed box to box & Fraser would be the luxury mid. Either way if we managed to get those two it would be cracking, it's so annoying that when Fraser was free we were under embargo, MK Dons can't be paying him too much 
    Gilbey was poor until he moved into that advanced roll.  Whether that's why he improved is hard to know but he did not look good playing deeper earlier on in the season.

The balance of our midfield has been our biggest problen all season.  I would like to see that resolved next year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Just a reminder on what we know should be the case about current contracts:

• Options
     :D 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I honestly think some fans look at Albie with rose tinted glasses as he’s one of our own.

Look at the stats he’s scored once (?) and doesn’t really assist, create or defend ... he hits a nice Hollywood pass that makes us go ooooh and ticks it over ok.

He should be in our squad but not starting week in week out until there’s some end product.

If we want him to play 40 games then loan him out, don’t weaken our team for his development- he can do that in another team.
    He has 2 assists in the last 3 games.

Indeed his 4 league assists this seasons is the same as JFC in far fewer games
    But Jake also scored 6 goals and a few of MOTM performances.

Albie had one goal in 57 playing in a more advanced role.

squad player for me or loan him out to aid his development - and hope for Grant / Lapslie type improvement.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

He has 2 assists in the last 3 games.

Indeed his 4 league assists this seasons is the same as JFC in far fewer games
    But Jake also scored 6 goals and a few of MOTM performances.

Albie had one goal in 57 playing in a more advanced role.

squad player for me or loan him out to aid his development - and hope for Grant / Lapslie type improvement.
    I feel if he stays this year goals is deffo something he needs to add to his game and its not far from last chance saloon for his career here or he cld fall into the same bracket j williams did who as much as we loved him just didnt do what he was put out to do score/create 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Albie is a very neat and tidy player and his work rate is good, but at the moment he is a bit of neither-one-thing-or-the-other type of player. He doesn't get enough goals or assists to be classified as an attacking midfielder, doesn't make enough tackles or defend well enough be a more defensive playmaker, and I don't think he has the physique to be a modern box to box player. I said it before, but he reminds me a bit of the young Scott Parker in that respect. There was a lot of expectation around Parker as a youth player and he was an attacking midfielder at youth level who got a lot of goals and assists. He struggled to covert that into the first team, though, and eventually (very successfully) reinvented himself as an all action but predominantly defensive midfielder who loved a tackle.

Albie needs to decide what he wants to be (play deeper or more advanced) and then really focus hard on either improving defensively or getting more end product in attack. This isn't a criticism of Albie, he's well ahead of some players his age, but it's what he needs to do if he really wants a good career. The game is littered with tidy midfielders who don't really influence games and have so-so careers (Christ knows we've had plenty in recent seasons) but ones who really get a game by the scruff of the neck are the ones who stand out. I think Albie can be that way, but he has to improve and at 21 it's getting around the time when you want to start seeing that step-change from him. Next season looks a big opportunity for him - perform and he could well find himself a regular for us in the Championship too. Have another decent, but not standout, season and he might get left behind if we get promoted (assuming we do get promoted - big if, of course)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have heard DJ is confirmed for next year @Dazzler21
    He has a 3 yr contract, with 2.5 yrs left on it! :lol:
    @KiwiValley 100% ITK record
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     :D 

Post colonial melt @dazzler21
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    cafcfan said:
    We desperately need someone to go through this dross and transfer any actual rumours to a sparkling new bite-sized rumours thread.  Sounds like a job for @aliwibble to me.
    Nah, cos I don't usually read the rumours threads, as I prefer to wait until something's actually happened before I get excited. I'm feeling kind though, so I've dumped the latest update of @Dazzler21's ITK spreadsheet onto the ITK thread and updated the title so people know there's new information there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!