Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    For me Albies dead ball delivery is miles ahead of JFC and he showed that at the end of the season. However he is a bit hit n miss in terms of drifting in and out of games for long periods. I do think he should be in the matchday squad this year for sure but also agree if we are thinking he will be a regular starter then we are in trouble imo
    Yes I agree, he did do some good bits, but just doesn’t do it enough. I know some players develop later, but 21 after going through an academy isn’t that young that he shouldn’t be influencing games these days.
    21 isn't that young? come on now. 
    So when people say if he is good enough he’s old enough, why at 21 is he still not good enough and how old do we give him until?. 
    He is good enough and our best midfielder (IMO) .

He's not influencing the games as much as he should (in your opinion) because he is asked to do defence duties, give him a free reign and I think he'd influence more than he has done. 

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    For me Albies dead ball delivery is miles ahead of JFC and he showed that at the end of the season. However he is a bit hit n miss in terms of drifting in and out of games for long periods. I do think he should be in the matchday squad this year for sure but also agree if we are thinking he will be a regular starter then we are in trouble imo
    Yes I agree, he did do some good bits, but just doesn’t do it enough. I know some players develop later, but 21 after going through an academy isn’t that young that he shouldn’t be influencing games these days.
    So when people say if he is good enough he’s old enough, why at 21 is he still not good enough and how old do we give him until?. 
    You’re presenting your personal opinion as if it’s a fact. 
    Because that’s my opinion, and by no means do I think I’m the oracle. But it’s what I believe. If I’m proved to be wrong I’ll happily admit so, because that would be to the benefit of Charlton. If I’m proved correct I look forward to watching someone good enough.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Cristiano Ronaldo only scored 9 goals in the premier league when he was 21 whatever happened to him.
    In the premier league not div1.
  • Options
    Doubt we'll go back in for him but Fleetwood have released Josh Morris 
    I think we only went for him because Millwall wouldn't subsidise Shane Ferguson. After denying him the move he has hardly featured for Fleetwood. 

Liked him at Scunthorpe but that was three years ago.

I think out of the two I would prefer Ferguson. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    He is good enough and our best midfielder (IMO) .

He's not influencing the games as much as he should (in your opinion) because he is asked to do defence duties, give him a free reign and I think he'd influence more than he has done. 

So is he not a midfielder?, I thought that involved defending and attacking..... I’m being flippant, people seem to be of the opinion I think he’s shit, I don’t, but do think he’s not the player we pin our hopes on. When he came on against Lincoln he ran his nuts off and did do well, but that’s a game at the end of the season, when he had the rest of the season to do it, and he was selected quite often.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Shame about Shinnie, good player. Time for Morgan to step up in that case. 
    I think Albie might go off on loan myself
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.
    Albie didn't shine in the last couple of games? You kidding?

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.
    You realise he's 21 not 27 right? 

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing if Albie is good enough/consistent enough or anything else.  But why does he deserve it?

No one deserves it, you have to earn it. 

We won't get promoted by giving players runs in the team because they "deserve an opportunity", they have to earn it in training and with their performances on the pitch when they do get the chance. 
    Because each time he's been frozen out he's worked his way back in. He deserves the opportunity based on earning it.

Problem is we had a manager up until 12 games a go that would throw players under the bus if they didn't perform miracles. Now maybe we can have realistic expectations of not just the young players, but the league 1 players we have and sign.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doesn't directly effect us, but hearing Clarke-Harris to Sheffield United 😳😳
    Does that free up Billy Sharp?
    Obviously Sharp wouldn't fit the age profile but Nigel has signed him for Scunthorpe , Southampton , Reading and Sheffield United .

If Schwartz left I think Billy would be an interesting option at this level .
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Croydon said:
    Pratley released - already a goodbye message on LinkedIn
    Showing his age with his choice of social media platform.
    He's on Linkedin because he's looking for a new job. :wink:

Not always the case cahones is on there 😡
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Would be a mistake, showed he's capable over the last couple of games of this season
    He was ok, but didn’t particularly shine. Don’t think he is the one to rely on when we’re looking for promotion. Probably another loan of lots of games is best.

7.28 & second to Maatsen against the league leaders & 7.74 and an assist against Lincoln another decent side for this level

Also got an assist on his first corner against Accrington looking bright throughout that performance too.

Both teams nothing to play for, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good, but he wasn’t as amazing as you make out either. He needs to be more consistent and effect game all the time. He doesn’t do that.

For a 21 year old, he played very well in those three and he WILL NOT become more consistent without playing more consistently.

He's proven he's good enough to play at this level, he deserves the opportunity to show if he's good enough for a promotion push, he is certainly creative enough. 
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing if Albie is good enough/consistent enough or anything else.  But why does he deserve it?

We won't get promoted by giving players runs in the team because they "deserve an opportunity", they have to earn it in training and with their performances on the pitch when they do get the chance. 
    Because each time he's been frozen out he's worked his way back in. He deserves the opportunity based on earning it... Not that hard to get?
    And he keeps being "frozen out" for a reason.  Absolutely he should be one of our six center mids for next season.

But he doesn't deserve just to be given a place in the team.  Neither does anyone else. 
    Surely if he’s that good he would have already been a regular and then there would be no debate. But he keeps getting dropped for a reason. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Because each time he's been frozen out he's worked his way back in. He deserves the opportunity based on earning it... Not that hard to get?
    And he keeps being "frozen out" for a reason.  Absolutely he should be one of our six center mids for next season.

But he doesn't deserve just to be given a place in the team.  Neither does anyone else. 
    Surely if he’s that good he would have already been a regular and then there would be no debate. But he keeps getting dropped for a reason. 
    He got dropped by Bowyer for one clearance in a game that he had otherwise done very well in.

Anyway this is the rumours thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension (to June 2023) on the pitch.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

He got dropped by Bowyer for one clearance in a game that he had otherwise done very well in.

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension on the pitch.
    Source?  Is it it just a rumour 🤣🤣
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Well, Kevin Lisbie was a 'promising youngster' til age 38...
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doesn't directly effect us, but hearing Clarke-Harris to Sheffield United 😳😳
    Does that free up Billy Sharp?
    Obviously Sharp wouldn't fit the age profile but Nigel has signed him for Scunthorpe , Southampton , Reading and Sheffield United .

If Schwartz left I think Billy would be an interesting option at this level .
    ….or keep Chucks.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Updated Charlton life signing criteria 

We need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.

No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

No one that has ever been to Demark

Cant have played for us before...

or for Millwall

or for Palace

Or be called Nigel or Spanner
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    paulfox said:
    Addick_8 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Well, Kevin Lisbie was a 'promising youngster' til age 38...
    Lol! That’s true👍
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension (to June 2023) on the pitch.
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension (to June 2023) on the pitch.
    It’s the hope that gets you!!
  • Options
    When a club let a player go there is no point in commenting until his replacement is signed - but boring😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We desperately need someone to go through this dross and transfer any actual rumours to a sparkling new bite-sized rumours thread.  Sounds like a job for @aliwibble to me.
  • Options
    John-jules from arsenal who was on loan at Doncaster would be perfect with Shockley or aneke. Like Taylor/grant partnership 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I honestly think some fans look at Albie with rose tinted glasses as he’s one of our own.

He’s a perfectly adequate player but we talk about him like he’s Tiago. 

Look at the stats he’s scored once (?) and doesn’t really assist, create or defend ... he hits a nice Hollywood pass that makes us go ooooh and ticks it over ok.

He should be in our squad but not starting week in week out until there’s some end product.

If we want him to play 40 games then loan him out, don’t weaken our team for his development- he can do that in another team.
    He has 2 assists in the last 3 games.

Indeed his 4 league assists this seasons is the same as JFC in far fewer games
    I think we should be looking at bringing in players better than both of them really. Jfc was good for a lot of the season but went off the boil. Our midfield was so pedestrian, our strikers lived off scraps. We need some skill, energy as it was lacking.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I honestly think some fans look at Albie with rose tinted glasses as he’s one of our own.

Look at the stats he’s scored once (?) and doesn’t really assist, create or defend ... he hits a nice Hollywood pass that makes us go ooooh and ticks it over ok.

He should be in our squad but not starting week in week out until there’s some end product.

If we want him to play 40 games then loan him out, don’t weaken our team for his development- he can do that in another team.
    One could say the same about fans having distorted views of how good a League One player is because we once had a midfield of Cullen, Aribo and Bielik. 

You don’t need to be a world beater to play a massive part in a League One promotion team - Danny Holland’s being just one example
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

It's not just Albie, it's almost everyone.  There is almost a notion of who is deserving and who isn't and its some times completely irrational but it normally sticks.  Morgan Fox got pelters.  If Chris Solly had turned in the performances Gunter had this year I doubt anyone would want him "sacked off".

For the record I absolutely think Morgan should be a big part of our squad for next season. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:

He has 2 assists in the last 3 games.

Indeed his 4 league assists this seasons is the same as JFC in far fewer games
    I think we should be looking at bringing in players better than both of them really. Jfc was good for a lot of the season but went off the boil. Our midfield was so pedestrian, our strikers lived off scraps. We need some skill, energy as it was lacking.
    This is why most opposition fans had s go at us from the off. We were exactly  that at the start of most games. If we conceded early we rarely won. That needs to stop.
    Yes, I think Gilbey ended up being our most productive midfielder in the end. It’s ironic because when bowyer was signing loads of midfielders everyone was saying why?, but it ended up being our worst department, once we got the defence sorted a bit. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

It's not just Albie, it's almost everyone.  There is almost a notion of who is deserving and who isn't and its some times completely irrational but it normally sticks.  Morgan Fox got pelters.  If Chris Solly had turned in the performances Gunter had this year I doubt anyone would want him "sacked off".

For the record I absolutely think Morgan should be a big part of our squad for next season. 
    Squad or starting 11? I have no problem with squad, if he’s happy on the bench. But don’t think it will do him any good. Which is why I say let him out on loan for a bit. Wasn’t it the case he was offered out at the start of the season but had no takers? If so why not?. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:

Anyway this is the Shinnie thread so let's end this discussion and hope Albie shows us why he got his 3 year extension on the pitch.
    Source?  Is it it just a rumour 🤣🤣
    DOH!

I had both threads open!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!