Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    *missed out on playoffs due to injuries to key players, many of whom we managed to sign because of an injury ridden past*

"Yeah let's go sign a promising player that's been held back so far because of injuries"

Charlton life shocked when said player misses a chunk of the season to an injury
  • Options
    Graham only signed permanently for them last summer, presumably a one year deal only.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Millwall have offered an contract to Matt Smith, but which one Chris Kamara?

I don't know Jeff, I must have missed it 🤣🤣
    Of course he’s staying with them, how else could we take him on loan on 31st January 2022?
    This is very true, but I feel you should go on the next windows list early 🤣
    There are three guarantees in life - death, taxes and Charlton loaning Matt Smith at the end of the January transfer window.
    We always fall victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: Never take a Matt Smith on loan when promotion/relegation is on the line.
  • Options
    Liam Walsh being released by Bristol City. Only 23 years old. 

Defensive midfielder so would be a good replacement for Pratley. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Jordan Graham - released by Gills, another winger we were linked with in Jan. 

Had a great season and was really highly rated by Wolves as a youngster but plagued by injuries, could be worth a punt on a free.
    Connor Ogilvie & Jack Bonham have also turned down their contract offers from the Gills, meaning they are now free agents.
    Not heard how Ogilvie has done this season, but I know he was Gillingham's player of the season 2019/2020. Left sided CB has to be one of our top targets that's for sure. 
  • Options

Surprised they released him! He is a similar type of player to Sam Field
  • Options
    Oshilaja has just announced his departure on Twitter 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick_8 said:

Will probably go to Coventry or another Championship club but always worth trying to nab him. 
  • Options
    Liam Walsh was linked with us on loan from Everton a few years ago when I think we had Robinson as Manager 
  • Options
    chev said:
    Why is the club still not saying anything? So weird
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Had a great season and was really highly rated by Wolves as a youngster but plagued by injuries, could be worth a punt on a free.
    Connor Ogilvie & Jack Bonham have also turned down their contract offers from the Gills, meaning they are now free agents.
    How about Vadaine Oliver? He had a great season for the Gills.
    Still under contract, as is Jack Tucker who looks decent.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Not heard how Ogilvie has done this season, but I know he was Gillingham's player of the season 2019/2020. Left sided CB has to be one of our top targets that's for sure. 
    More of a LB than a CB this season, and has done really well by all accounts. I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a Championship move. 
  • Options
    The club are looking a bit silly this week, all the players breaking rank and confirming their exits. 

Our comms team has always been a weak link in the club. Slow to react and normally we find things out on here or in the press first
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

More of a LB than a CB this season, and has done really well by all accounts. I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a Championship move. 
    He's the guy who scored the worldie against us at the Valley isn't he? Ginger haired left back?
  • Options
    chev said:
    Why is the club still not saying anything? So weird
    as the Club (Olly Groome) said yesterday they have to follow protocol and issue one retained list, they said it's a shame players have individually jumped the gun but that's their choice.
  • Options
    The way it always works. Post 5pm on a Friday press release. Gives the weekend for things to calm down lol
  • Options
    But it doesn't seem to be the same at other clubs does it... strange how everyone is doing their own thing here. We must be one of the last clubs to confirm their list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick_8 said:

What injured? 
  • Options
    Field has done so well at QPR since Jan they are looking to sign him... he was good when he actually got on the pitch for us
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    But it doesn't seem to be the same at other clubs does it... strange how everyone is doing their own thing here. We must be one of the last clubs to confirm their list.

the season only finished five days ago, I suppose we should have announced it by midday Monday, discussions held in the dressing room after the match.

And we didn't know what division we would be in until Sunday, most other clubs basically knew weeks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!