Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• esseffect said:
    Blimey, came on here for some juicy rumours, was not expecting the sniping, nor digging out of the comms team. How naive of me...

For what it is worth, I would not blame the comms team one iota. Comms are not an independent unit that can do as they please, they will report to an executive who will either be party to or in communication with those who are conducting exit conversations or contractual renewals. I would hope that a well rounded comms update will come either later today or early next week if they are awaiting responses from one or more players offered new contracts.

Amos, Matthews, Aneke, Pearce etc all may be in talks and with so many leaving a real sweetener would be a new player announcement at the same time, but probably too much to wish for.
    Agreed. The comms team aren’t independent from the club and when a representative of the club is on twitter having a dig at employees, that said club have just made redundant, it didn’t sit well with me. That is all.
    In no way was I having a dig. I was simply pointing out that there’s a process and, usually, the players will be asked to wait until there is an official announcement. For whatever reason, that has slipped away from us this year. 
    We can’t just announce things as and when we want, the process needs to be followed. All players need to be spoken to, that hadn’t happened by the time individual players were making their announcements.
    Just as an example, the first the comms team had heard Pratley was leaving was when we saw a screenshot from his post on social media which doesn’t really allow us much of a chance to be proactive (that isn’t a dig at him either btw!).
    I admit it’s far from ideal and, in a perfect world, the official club announcement should 100% be the first word on it before it’s put out there elsewhere. It’s now a case of making sure the correct process is re-emphasised next year to avoid similar situations.

Fair enough mate. I just didn’t see the need to express what I perceived as disappointment, in the players actions. I didn’t really see the point of it in the circumstances. I don’t see that Pratley announcing it on a LinkedIn, when the blokes out of work, is anything for the club to be pissed off about. Do you think he should have waited then? If you have a look at LinkedIn there are plenty of players past and present advertising their services inc. Lloyd Doyley and Jem Karacan amongst others. 
    He’s saying the club aren’t pissed off... the reason it might be an inconvenience is because the fans are now demanding minute by minute updates from the comms team.

they said it would be this Friday last week. If it’s delayed then you can be a little bit frustrated 

I can assure you I won’t be frustrated if the list is delayed. I just have a different opinion as to a club rep expressing on twitter a bit of disappointment at the players announcing they’re leaving. No one else agrees with me. Fair enough 😐
  • Maybe we should take the Swindon approach? That would make use ‘better’.

Players finding out via Twitter…

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCheshir2/status/1393154684882460672
  • esseffect said:
    Blimey, came on here for some juicy rumours, was not expecting the sniping, nor digging out of the comms team. How naive of me...

For what it is worth, I would not blame the comms team one iota. Comms are not an independent unit that can do as they please, they will report to an executive who will either be party to or in communication with those who are conducting exit conversations or contractual renewals. I would hope that a well rounded comms update will come either later today or early next week if they are awaiting responses from one or more players offered new contracts.

Amos, Matthews, Aneke, Pearce etc all may be in talks and with so many leaving a real sweetener would be a new player announcement at the same time, but probably too much to wish for.
    Agreed. The comms team aren’t independent from the club and when a representative of the club is on twitter having a dig at employees, that said club have just made redundant, it didn’t sit well with me. That is all.
    In no way was I having a dig. I was simply pointing out that there’s a process and, usually, the players will be asked to wait until there is an official announcement. For whatever reason, that has slipped away from us this year. 
    We can’t just announce things as and when we want, the process needs to be followed. All players need to be spoken to, that hadn’t happened by the time individual players were making their announcements.
    Just as an example, the first the comms team had heard Pratley was leaving was when we saw a screenshot from his post on social media which doesn’t really allow us much of a chance to be proactive (that isn’t a dig at him either btw!).
    I admit it’s far from ideal and, in a perfect world, the official club announcement should 100% be the first word on it before it’s put out there elsewhere. It’s now a case of making sure the correct process is re-emphasised next year to avoid similar situations.

Fair enough mate. I just didn’t see the need to express what I perceived as disappointment, in the players actions. I didn’t really see the point of it in the circumstances. I don’t see that Pratley announcing it on a LinkedIn, when the blokes out of work, is anything for the club to be pissed off about. Do you think he should have waited then? If you have a look at LinkedIn there are plenty of players past and present advertising their services inc. Lloyd Doyley and Jem Karacan amongst others. 
    He’s saying the club aren’t pissed off... the reason it might be an inconvenience is because the fans are now demanding minute by minute updates from the comms team.

they said it would be this Friday last week. If it’s delayed then you can be a little bit frustrated 

What was said was they know dabs like to know who staying or who going hopefully we can let them know end of the week ..... it does not affect anything if it’s today or next week ..... most likey told the players who have been offered new contracts they gave until end of this week to indicate to the club if there staying or not ... then a list can be issued 
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    This has been sent to me on WhatsApp, so please don’t put me on the list or shoot the messenger 

“My mate just had a chat with Pearce he said that literally Adkins is letting them all go . Pearce has been offered a U 23 roll so I reckon he will be off as well ! Lots of clubs have come in for a Chukks so I reckon he will go to a championship side !!

Only thing I'd question... Why is Pearce tweeting a picture of getting a pre-season training plan if he's off? - I know we'd be under obligation to let him train with us until he finds a new club (Unless thats only for injured players) but it otherwise doesnt make complete sense
  • edited May 2021
    DA9 said:
    This has been sent to me on WhatsApp, so please don’t put me on the list or shoot the messenger 

“My mate just had a chat with Pearce he said that literally Adkins is letting them all go . Pearce has been offered a U 23 roll so I reckon he will be off as well ! Lots of clubs have come in for a Chukks so I reckon he will go to a championship side !!

Cheese or ham?
    Got to be both for me, with a nice dollop of piccalilli
  • Colchester's announcement includes, Harriott, Pell former CAFC youth team player & Tom Laplslie brother of George.

Players out of contract and released:
    Josh Bohui
    Jevani Brown
    Callum Coulter
    Paris Cowan-Hall
    Luke Gambin
    Callum Harriott
    Tom Lapslie
    Harry Pell
    Courtney Senior
    Omar Sowunmi
    Diaz Wright
    https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/may/retained-list/
  • DA9 said:

Wouldn’t be a disaster if it were to happen. However would also be seen as quite drastic. I personally think it’s needed albeit a risk. The recruitment would have to be exceptional. Exciting though!!.
  • clive said:
    Colchester's announcement includes, Harriott, Pell former CAFC youth team player & Tom Laplslie brother of George.

Josh Bohui
    Jevani Brown
    Callum Coulter
    Paris Cowan-Hall
    Luke Gambin
    Callum Harriott
    Tom Lapslie
    Harry Pell
    Courtney Senior
    Omar Sowunmi
    Diaz Wright
    Wasn’t Brown someone we looked at?
  • DA9 said:

I actually don't mind this. Chuks is the absolute meta super-sub so not surprised if he got Championship football even with his glass achilles. 

There isn't a single player I'd be devastated about losing except for Innis & if we don't get Stockley back. There's some players I like i.e. Gilbey, JFC, Matthews etc but again, if they went it's not the end of the world. 

My only reservations of a complete and utter gutting of the players is not only having them gel, that can be done, but finding 20-25 players of quality better than what we already have. Finding 12 is often a tall ask in a 'rebuild' season, but if we really was to release nearly everybody, that 20-25 might be an ask too far.
  • clive said:
    Colchester's announcement includes, Harriott, Pell former CAFC youth team player & Tom Laplslie brother of George.

Josh Bohui
    Jevani Brown
    Callum Coulter
    Paris Cowan-Hall
    Luke Gambin
    Callum Harriott
    Tom Lapslie
    Harry Pell
    Courtney Senior
    Omar Sowunmi
    Diaz Wright
    Wasn’t Brown someone we looked at?
    Yeah I think some twitter account linked him with us last October
  • clive said:

Josh Bohui
    Jevani Brown
    Callum Coulter
    Paris Cowan-Hall
    Luke Gambin
    Callum Harriott
    Tom Lapslie
    Harry Pell
    Courtney Senior
    Omar Sowunmi
    Diaz Wright
    I'm assuming it's a case of Callum wanting something better, rather than him being rejected by them?

• Sponsored links:

• Sad he's been let go. One ITK poster said he was going to be the next one into the first team. 
  • MattF said:
    WE HAVE A GENUINE RUMOUR!!! 
  • edited May 2021
    DA9 said:

I'd expect this is true, points to the released list being:

Amos
    Matthews
    Oshilaja
    Pearce
    Pratley
    Shinnie
    JFC
    Aneke

Bold have already been confirmed as released.

I'd be very surprised if JFC wasn't given a contract and Adkins was already talking about his treatment as if he'd still be around.

We know Pearce has signed something as he's already been given his summer training plan so that leaves Amos, Matthews and Aneke.

Aneke I expect to be offered a contract that he won't sign and there's a strong rumour that Amos wants to leave for a northern club so I wouldn't be surprised if both left.
  • MattF said:
    On loan at Wigan in the first half of the season (when they were desperate for anyone), and Salford in the second half. I'd be very surprised if that was the level of player we'd be after
  • Vfrf said:
    DA9 said:

I actually don't mind this. Chuks is the absolute meta super-sub so not surprised if he got Championship football even with his glass achilles. 

There isn't a single player I'd be devastated about losing except for Innis & if we don't get Stockley back. There's some players I like i.e. Gilbey, JFC, Matthews etc but again, if they went it's not the end of the world. 

My only reservations of a complete and utter gutting of the players is not only having them gel, that can be done, but finding 20-25 players of quality better than what we already have. Finding 12 is often a tall ask in a 'rebuild' season, but if we really was to release nearly everybody, that 20-25 might be an ask too far.
    How many times does it have to be said?  You can’t just release players under contract, and if you don’t want them anymore you have to pay up their contract. That costs money for players who can no longer play for you.  I’m not sure Thomas has got where he is today by throwing away money.
  • Two different beadles, brothers. Harry is a defender and James a keeper. Think James is the one rated very highly.
    I thought both were rated, I know Doucher thought Harry would make it at the club too. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!