Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    This has been sent to me on WhatsApp, so please don’t put me on the list or shoot the messenger 

“My mate just had a chat with Pearce he said that literally Adkins is letting them all go . Pearce has been offered a U 23 roll so I reckon he will be off as well ! Lots of clubs have come in for a Chukks so I reckon he will go to a championship side !!

This year’s Welling game is set to be the most bewildering yet. 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    DA9 said:
    This has been sent to me on WhatsApp, so please don’t put me on the list or shoot the messenger 

“My mate just had a chat with Pearce he said that literally Adkins is letting them all go . Pearce has been offered a U 23 roll so I reckon he will be off as well ! Lots of clubs have come in for a Chukks so I reckon he will go to a championship side !!

I actually don't mind this. Chuks is the absolute meta super-sub so not surprised if he got Championship football even with his glass achilles. 

There isn't a single player I'd be devastated about losing except for Innis & if we don't get Stockley back. There's some players I like i.e. Gilbey, JFC, Matthews etc but again, if they went it's not the end of the world. 

My only reservations of a complete and utter gutting of the players is not only having them gel, that can be done, but finding 20-25 players of quality better than what we already have. Finding 12 is often a tall ask in a 'rebuild' season, but if we really was to release nearly everybody, that 20-25 might be an ask too far.
    How many times does it have to be said?  You can’t just release players under contract, and if you don’t want them anymore you have to pay up their contract. That costs money for players who can no longer play for you.  I’m not sure Thomas has got where he is today by throwing away money.
    Lol calm yourself, it doesn't have to be said at all considering at no point during my post did I suggest that we start cancelling contracts.

There's a big difference of cancelling a contract and offering someone the chance to go and find regular football elsewhere. Many of our squad are out of contract anyway and you may find those that aren't but are in the 28-32 range might want to look elsewhere now, rather than wait a year and be out of the shop window before finding a new club.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    On loan at Wigan in the first half of the season (when they were desperate for anyone), and Salford in the second half. I'd be very surprised if that was the level of player we'd be after
    Agent to Wigan: you want my player permanently? Well Oxford and Charlton are interested so make it a good offer.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    When you look at the lists of players being released it looks like it's going to be carnage for players getting deals this season. It looks like most clubs are letting on average 8-10 players go.

You could say it's good for us in that there's more choice and therefore better options with less opportunity for players to drive the wage up but also lots of clubs needing lots of players and a lot of analysis to do as I don't think all of the players let go would have been expected.

Could be a very busy summer for lots of clubs all looking for a financial reset.
    It's going to be a very interesting league this year, probably much higher quality than last. 

Sheffield and Wycombe have strong teams already and will likely spend on one or two. Then you have the likes of Pompy, Ipswich and Charlton who are all fresh off the back of a takeover and new manager rebuild. Then you have those who won't go up via playoffs, all of whom have a strong base to build on. Think our fans need to get used to the fact this wont be easy! 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    DA9 said:

Makes sense!
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Maccn05 said:
    When you look at the lists of players being released it looks like it's going to be carnage for players getting deals this season. It looks like most clubs are letting on average 8-10 players go.

You could say it's good for us in that there's more choice and therefore better options with less opportunity for players to drive the wage up but also lots of clubs needing lots of players and a lot of analysis to do as I don't think all of the players let go would have been expected.

Could be a very busy summer for lots of clubs all looking for a financial reset.
    It's going to be a very interesting league this year, probably much higher quality than last. 

Sheffield and Wycombe have strong teams already and will likely spend on one or two. Then you have the likes of Pompy, Ipswich and Charlton who are all fresh off the back of a takeover and new manager rebuild. Then you have those who won't go up via playoffs, all of whom have a strong base to build on. Think our fans need to get used to the fact this wont be easy! 
    Wednesday have plenty of out of contract players too. 
  • Options
    Can't see NA letting Innis and DJ go to be honest or Gilbey for that matter. I'm just hoping the release list comes out soon so we can stop that speculation and start proper speculation on who's coming in!
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Maccn05 said:

Sheffield and Wycombe have strong teams already and will likely spend on one or two. Then you have the likes of Pompey, Ipswich and Charlton who are all fresh off the back of a takeover and new manager rebuild. Then you have those who won't go up via playoffs, all of whom have a strong base to build on. Think our fans need to get used to the fact this wont be easy! 
    And Rotherham too if they keep Warne.

If Sunderland don't go up they now have a billionaire owner and you'd expect big clubs like Wigan (more new owners) and Bolton to be up there. That's why this year it was such an opportunity with only one dominant team.

Unless we blow teams out of the water with our prep and recruitment then I agree it could be a tough old season with a lot of competition and weekly fan implosions :)
  • Options
    Can't see NA letting Innis and DJ go to be honest or Gilbey for that matter. I'm just hoping the release list comes out soon so we can stop that speculation and start proper speculation on who's coming in!
    I don't think anyone is suggesting we are releasing the entire squad, just those out of contract.

Personally think it would be very harsh on JFC if he is not offered a one year deal at least to allow time to get fit.

Not too bothered about the others. Chuks would be great but I can't see us giving him more money in the knowledge we are lucky to get half hour a game out of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No-one has said he would. The latest rumour is simply that no contracts are being offered to those whose previous ones expired - and given Pearce has apparently received some training documents and Adkins' prior comments on JFC even that seems dubious.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    DA9 said:

Makes sense!
    Be honest, it was you who sent him the message wasn’t it?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cycled past Ben Amos walking what I presume was his dog in Chislehurst today. Wierdly enough I was joking to myself that it was Jayden Stockley when I saw him from a distance. 

Didn't stop to have a chat I'm afraid. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Heard similar to this... with Jake signing a 1 year deal.  Imo it's a good idea. I think a rebuild could be exactly what the club needs. Believe Chuks is looking to go higher. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    A Hibs mate said they let him go as he can’t tackle and is no way a defender. Good with crossing the ball and with free kicks and technically good.
    He would not want to see him back at Easter Rd. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Cycled past Ben Amos walking what I presume was his dog in Chislehurst today. Wierdly enough I was joking to myself that it was Jayden Stockley when I saw him from a distance. 

Didn't stop to have a chat I'm afraid. 
    Wonder what it was if it wasnt his dog......
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Chuk's body won't hold up even as a supersub in the Championship. He's going the Lyle route if that's what he fancies....
    What you mean earning more money for doing less work, sounds awful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Chuk's body won't hold up even as a supersub in the Championship. He's going the Lyle route if that's what he fancies....
    we don't know what Chuks can and can't do we only know that cafc say he can't, not the same thing
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    What you mean earning more money for doing less work, sounds awful. 
    Yes! Some people actually turn that down. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    we don't know what Chuks can and can't do we only know that cafc say he can't, not the same thing
    Conspiracy?
  • Options
    We were interested in signing Eisa in January under Bowyer, no idea whether we will be under Adkins 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I'd expect this is true, points to the released list being:

Amos
    Matthews
    Oshilaja
    Pearce
    Pratley
    Shinnie
    JFC
    Aneke

Bold have already been confirmed as released.

I'd be very surprised if JFC wasn't given a contract and Adkins was already talking about his treatment as if he'd still be around.

We know Pearce has signed something as he's already been given his summer training plan so that leaves Amos, Matthews and Aneke.

Aneke I expect to be offered a contract that he won't sign and there's a strong rumour that Amos wants to leave for a northern club so I wouldn't be surprised if both left.

Aneke been offered 2 year deal 
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    We were interested in signing Eisa in January under Bowyer, no idea whether we will be under Adkins 
    I think there's a lot of waiting and seeing to be done. Certainly it's interesting that where Maatsen and Millar have already said farewell, Stockley doesn't seem to (unless he did and I missed it.)

The striker situation is definitely one that is complex as we don't know what tactics/shape Adkins will go for and even if we did Stockley and Aneke could both go, leaving us with only Washington and Schwartz (who for whatever reason has not featured much under Adkins yet.)
  • Options
    Of course Innis,DJ & Gilbey won't be let go, they're under contract ffs !!  The ones being "let go" at the moment are ones who have come to the end of their contracts & we dont think they are good enough to offer a new one, apart from Aneke. 

We have some plums on here.
    I have no idea who you are @golfaddick, but I take offence at being called a plum. The quote I read above said "Pearce said Adkins was letting them all go" It didn't specify whether in or out of contract! Just because they are in contract doesn't mean he can't put them up for sale does it??
    I find most of your posts negative on most threads you comment on and tend to ignore them but calling or inferring I'm a plum has pissed me off. 
    I read the quote and commented I couldn't see him letting those 3 players go....what's wrong with that?
    calling you a plum was OTT but, and no disrespect meant here, I think most of us took the original post as meaning all those out of contract were being let go, not the whole squad. 
    @LargeAddick that's a fair point I just read it literaly. What pissed me off was my intelligence being questioned when it's a matter of people's interpretation.
    Anyway thanks for your input much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!