Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cycled past Ben Amos walking what I presume was his dog in Chislehurst today. Wierdly enough I was joking to myself that it was Jayden Stockley when I saw him from a distance. 

Didn't stop to have a chat I'm afraid. 
    Cycling's brilliant & if it was on a lead it was probably a dog  :D  
  • Options
    So, going:
    - Deji
    - Pratley
    - Shins

Rumoured offered new
    - Chuks
    - JFC
    - Pearce

What about:
    - Ben Amos
    - Adam Matthews
    - Erhun Oztumer
    - James Vennings
    - Ben Dempsey
    Oztumer released , Dempsey released 

I assume Dempsey will be released, but it's slightly complicated by the fact that the NL season is still going until the end of the month, so it's not as if he's finished for the season like the other players
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    We've been 'offered' Chuba Akpom from 'Boro.
    115 games in UK football. 8 goals.

Striker.

Move along. Next.
    Thought it was a really odd signing by Boro, I'm sure he cost like 3mil aswell! Was a prospect at one time, not the worst record at England youth level but I agree there's nothing in his senior career screaming to give him a go. 
    Before this season his last full season in England was the one was he turned 21.  Last season he made half his appearances as a sub and was used out wide.

He record in Greece is quite good and his record at youth football was outstanding. 

We have been linked with much worse. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Stocked and ready for a crazy 29 hours.
    #releasethereleasedlist2021.

His choices in there of refreshments just screams northern chav really...

Nah, there’s no Space Raiders or pork scratchings.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addickted said:

Striker.

Move along. Next.
    Thought it was a really odd signing by Boro, I'm sure he cost like 3mil aswell! Was a prospect at one time, not the worst record at England youth level but I agree there's nothing in his senior career screaming to give him a go. 
    Before this season his last full season in England was the one was he turned 21.  Last season he made half his appearances as a sub and was used out wide.

He record in Greece is quite good and his record at youth football was outstanding. 

His record in Greece is ok, nothing special. No doubt we've been linked with worse, signed worse, but doesn't mean we should carry on doing so. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addickted said:

Striker.

Move along. Next.

His record in Greece is ok, nothing special. No doubt we've been linked with worse, signed worse, but doesn't mean we should carry on doing so. 
    I agree.  I am just pointing out when Eisa was mentioned the other day, who has a good season in league 2 and a golden patch of a dozen or so games in league there was a rush of "sign him up" posts.  With Chuba there has been a rush to say no.

Neither would be my 1st choice but its not up to me. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addickted said:

Striker.

Move along. Next.

I agree.  I am just pointing out when Eisa was mentioned the other day, who has a good season in league 2 and a golden patch of a dozen or so games in league there was a rush of "sign him up" posts.  With Chuba there has been a rush to say no.

Neither would be my 1st choice but its not up to me. 
    Agreed, Eisa has proved he knows where the net is but at a lower level. I feel the same as you that he's still a punt at League 1 level. The issue is the only strikers I'd feel confident will be prolific are unreasonable, so any striker we sign is going to be a gamble. Jephcott was banging them in for Plymouth but then had a massive drought, was it just a purple patch? Same with someone like Dion Charles or Vadaine Oliver. 
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what is missing?

Only just finished work and after a 14hr day I'm concerned I've skimmed past something 

• Options
    Yep, I've gone with Charlie Kirk and Chuba Akpom.

And Stockley to Hull.

May as well stick them into the red columns.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Yep, I've gone with Charlie Kirk and Chuba Akpom.

And Stockley to Hull.

May as well stick them into the red columns.
    Stockley deal reported as already done and he was buying a house in Bexley ..... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    Maccn05 said:
    But it doesn't seem to be the same at other clubs does it... strange how everyone is doing their own thing here. We must be one of the last clubs to confirm their list.
    And you're blaming the comms team for that?

Chats happened on Tuesday, I can imagine in some cases reduced terms were offered and players were given a couple of days to decide whether to accept or not.

And others were just told to jog. It's not a one-size-fits-all approach.
    What he said! Agree 100%.

If the instruction the Comms Team have had is publish 1 list they can't do that until the players that have been offered deals accept or reject.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Maccn05 said:
    But it doesn't seem to be the same at other clubs does it... strange how everyone is doing their own thing here. We must be one of the last clubs to confirm their list.
    And you're blaming the comms team for that?

Chats happened on Tuesday, I can imagine in some cases reduced terms were offered and players were given a couple of days to decide whether to accept or not.

And others were just told to jog. It's not a one-size-fits-all approach.
    What he said! Agree 100%.

If the instruction the Comms Team have had is publish 1 list they can't do that until the players that have been offered deals accept or reject.
    But that might take weeks. 

Sorry to say that the Comms team should have changed tack once Pratley went public & released the info per individual player once is was final with them. Holding off until all players that have been released or accepted a new deal is just not viable in this day & age......unless there is a no publicity type clause in their contracts that forbids players releasing stuff to the media.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Hmm, hearing McGann is interested in Stockley.

There's therapy available for weird voices in one's head.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Striker.

Move along. Next.
    Doesn't tell the full story though. He 'only' started 50 of those games which is of course still a poor record but his record in Greece was much better. 14 goals in 28 starts. Scored 6 in 13 starts in Belgium as well.

Ultimately i'm sure there's better strikers out there but i don't think he's as bad as his record suggests. 
  • Options
    chev said:
    I actually knew he was going to be released but didn’t want to share it as I knew I’d be ridiculed 
    The only thing worse than “I am in the know” is “I was in the know”.
    WITK
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Striker.

Move along. Next.
    Doesn't tell the full story though. He 'only' started 50 of those games which is of course still a poor record but his record in Greece was much better. 14 goals in 28 starts. Scored 6 in 13 starts in Belgium as well.

Ultimately i'm sure there's better strikers out there but i don't think he's as bad as his record suggests. 
    His career seems to be on the way down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cycled past Ben Amos walking what I presume was his dog in Chislehurst today. Wierdly enough I was joking to myself that it was Jayden Stockley when I saw him from a distance. 

Didn't stop to have a chat I'm afraid. 
    He's still around for contract talks then.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mendonca said:
    Chuk's body won't hold up even as a supersub in the Championship. He's going the Lyle route if that's what he fancies....
    we don't know what Chuks can and can't do we only know that cafc say he can't, not the same thing
    What we do know is what we’ve seen with our own eyes, and that is that Chuks has trouble playing a full game.
  • Options

Blackburn's release list, I know it's unlikely but I would love Bell at Charlton, he was imo one of Blackburns best players both times they played us at ours recently, so dangerous going forward and a quick player as well. Imagine he will get championship interest

Is it just me or are a lot of clubs releasing really good players in the championship? Feel like I'm out of touch or something with that league now because 2 years ago a lot of these players were high end 

• Options

Blackburn's release list, I know it's unlikely but I would love Bell at Charlton, he was imo one of Blackburns best players both times they played us at ours recently, so dangerous going forward and a quick player as well. Imagine he will get championship interest

Is it just me or are a lot of clubs releasing really good players in the championship? Feel like I'm out of touch or something with that league now because 2 years ago a lot of these players were high end 

Is that the knock on effect of the past year and now clubs can’t afford to keep these good players now there contracts have ended. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Bell ends up at Charlton.

It would make a good headline, maybe.
    Mulgrew is decent too
  • Options

Charlie Mulgrew played with his slippers on in league one for them, be a very good experienced signing, left sided CB as well which we need.
  • Options

They were signed on very good contracts that a lot of clubs cant now afford. Also they are getting older & everybody wants younger, fitter players.

I'd rather not go for anyone being released from a high end Championship club who is over 30. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!