Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

MacAnthony seems to think he'd to the job. Having watched him play last season I'm not so sure... Is he worth the punt? 
    He would say that, he’s looking to sell him for as much as possible.
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

MacAnthony seems to think he'd to the job. Having watched him play last season I'm not so sure... Is he worth the punt? 
    He would be a poor signing, very similar to Chris Dickson.. we will be signing players this summer, that can do a job in the Championship. 
    I don't think it's fair to draw a comparison with Dickson. Eisa has scored some goals at this level and League 2. He'd still be a punt but I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 15 goals for a club in League 1 next season that's for sure. 

We want to be trying to sign players ready for the Championship but that's not easy (or cheap). We'll be gambling on players that's for sure, proven Championship players won't be joining us. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

He would be a poor signing, very similar to Chris Dickson.. we will be signing players this summer, that can do a job in the Championship. 
    Not 15 of them we won't. 
  • Chuks hasbeen offered a new contract as has Pearce. JFC one year deal too.
    Chuks hasbeen?

That’s a bit harsh!!
    Reminds me of this line

• Valley11 said:
    Loving just being linked with players who can grow with the club. And a smt who are football people who have Cafc’s best interests at heart. What a change 
    Not forgetting one that makes a lovely afternoon tea! 😉
  • Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

Exactly, guaranteed 25 goals ? Does that mean we get our money back if he doesn't ?
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Blackburn's release list, I know it's unlikely but I would love Bell at Charlton, he was imo one of Blackburns best players both times they played us at ours recently, so dangerous going forward and a quick player as well. Imagine he will get championship interest

Is it just me or are a lot of clubs releasing really good players in the championship? Feel like I'm out of touch or something with that league now because 2 years ago a lot of these players were high end 

Bell ends up at Charlton.

It would make a good headline, maybe.

Good one! But be careful, somebody might get offended. Seems so easy these days :-)
  • Ronaldo and proper Ronaldo 
    No one has mentioned the Bent brothers at Charlton?

• ButtleJR said:

Of course he says that. He paid over the odds for him and he's done FA for them
  • Nicky Forster ..... striker on line from Reading who scored a couple of goals in just a handful of appearances for us.

And, of course, his step son ........ Jake Forster-Caskey.

Which brings to mind Gavin Peacock following in the illustrious steps of his legendary father, Keithy Peacock.
    How many times have we had both father and son pull on our famous red shirt?

• Notts Forest have made Joe Pigott number one target this summer 

end for Taylor ?
    Are they collecting strikers who've played for Charlton and Wimbledon? 

Maybe they'll sign Carl Leaburn next!
    Could go for Euall when they change their manager by Christmas 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Nicky Forster ..... striker on line from Reading who scored a couple of goals in just a handful of appearances for us.

Which brings to mind Gavin Peacock following in the illustrious steps of his legendary father, Keithy Peacock.

Only the Peacocks .

Plenty of brothers though . One of the most obscure would be Andy Salako the brother of John .
  • Croydon said:
    ButtleJR said:

Of course he says that. He paid over the odds for him and he's done FA for them
    That’s ridiculous. David Brent school of selling.
  • Wait till Miles makes his debut. Will be the third Leaburn to play for Charlton. Now work that one out.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Notts Forest have made Joe Pigott number one target this summer 

end for Taylor ?
    Are they collecting strikers who've played for Charlton and Wimbledon? 

Maybe they'll sign Carl Leaburn next!
    Could go for Euall when they change their manager by Christmas 
    Euell tidings? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wait till Miles makes his debut. Will be the third Leaburn to play for Charlton. Now work that one out.
    Did Carl have a brother that played for the reserves or am I imagining that?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Nicky Forster ..... striker on line from Reading who scored a couple of goals in just a handful of appearances for us.

Wasn’t the story when Liam Millar signed that his dad also played for us???
  • could be a player to look at. Popular with Pompey fans and scored a nice goal against us this season (but everyone does that)

• Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

Exactly, guaranteed 25 goals ? Does that mean we get our money back if he doesn't ?
    Death, taxes and 25 goals!
  • With Friday coming and going with no club announcement what's the delay do you think ? Maybe waiting for answers back from players who may have been offered a contract e.g. Chucks ? 
  • AndyG said:
    With Friday coming and going with no club announcement what's the delay do you think ? Maybe waiting for answers back from players who may have been offered a contract e.g. Chucks ? 
    Assume so
  • I doubt they'll wait for answers from every player, that could take weeks. We've put out released/retained lists before that include a few players who have been offered new deals.
    Patrick Leaburn by any chance?
  • My dad's mate used to ref Carl Leaburn's brother and thought he was a brilliant player who should have made it as a pro.  His name escapes me but I want to say its Marlon or something similar.  He was on our books at some stage. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!