Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Maccn05 said:
    could be a player to look at. Popular with Pompey fans and scored a nice goal against us this season (but everyone does that)

Having left Pompey, this player is a loose Cannon.

Always admired him. Has a very powerful shot. Also Marcus Harness - a very steady player.
  • Bonne scored a lot of goals for Orient as they won the National League, he then joined us in the Championship stepping up three  levels.

Got thrown in quite early as we had a lot of injuries, thought he did well.

He may do well in League One, let's wait and see.
  • ozaddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:
    Is Grant Basey still at the club?
    Yes I’m sure I read he was focussing more on player care e.g. players out on loan and supporting youngsters coming into the first team. Must also be coaching. 
    Someone should ask Brendan Wiredu about his care for younger players

Why what happened?
    There has been an investigation going on internally for a while I understand, let's just say he played a major part in him going
    There was a lot of "stuff" going on behind the scenes that had a detrimental effect to our performances last season, from what I hear.  
    Is this pre Thomas? If not, I'm surprised to hear this as I thought all is well after we got shot of ESI. 
    I do not doubt things have been changed since TS came in, with Roddy making his mark, but 'a lot of detrimental things' sounds a bit more than that. 
    Not pre thomas but it should give you a good idea of why Thomas was looking a good few months before at "potential' replacements. If you totally back your manager, why would that process even be in yout thoughts? Also explains why we haven't seen the man that is basey swanning on the touch line as he did pre bowyer era. 
  • iaitch said:
    Bonne scored a lot of goals for Orient as they won the National League, he then joined us in the Championship stepping up three  levels.

He works hard, decent striker of the ball and for me that’s about it. Contributes little to the team. Fourth choice at best as far as I’m concerned even in league one. We should be looking to sign a striker that can hack it in The Championship should we get promoted and I think it’s fair to say Macauley isn’t that player. 
  • iaitch said:
    Bonne scored a lot of goals for Orient as they won the National League, he then joined us in the Championship stepping up three  levels.

He works hard, decent striker of the ball and for me that’s about it. Contributes little to the team. Fourth choice at best as far as I’m concerned even in league one. We should be looking to sign a striker that can hack it in The Championship should we get promoted and I think it’s fair to say Macauley isn’t that player. 
    11 goals for us in the Championship is surely hacking it?

If he joins Ipswich, I'm sure he'll score more goals than Washington next season
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    ozaddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:
    Yes I’m sure I read he was focussing more on player care e.g. players out on loan and supporting youngsters coming into the first team. Must also be coaching. 

Why what happened?
    There has been an investigation going on internally for a while I understand, let's just say he played a major part in him going
    There was a lot of "stuff" going on behind the scenes that had a detrimental effect to our performances last season, from what I hear.  
    Is this pre Thomas? If not, I'm surprised to hear this as I thought all is well after we got shot of ESI. 
    I do not doubt things have been changed since TS came in, with Roddy making his mark, but 'a lot of detrimental things' sounds a bit more than that. 
    Not pre thomas but it should give you a good idea of why Thomas was looking a good few months before at "potential' replacements. If you totally back your manager, why would that process even be in yout thoughts? Also explains why we haven't seen the man that is basey swanning on the touch line as he did pre bowyer era. 
    Yeah ok, I wasn't aware. So Basey was causing some unrest in the squad? Or was it the case that he and bowyer were bullies from time to time and upset the players? 
  • edited May 2021
    iaitch said:

11 goals for us in the Championship is surely hacking it?

If he joins Ipswich, I'm sure he'll score more goals than Washington next season
    That was a good purple patch but being sold back to league one, just one season after being bought for 2 million - definitely not hacking it 

It's a moot argument anyway, there's no way he's an Adkins player
  • Any rumours?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Any rumours?
    Yeah... Seems like Washington is going to Ipswich ;)
    @Dazzler21, get your pen out, there's another iffy one for ya!
  • edited May 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Any rumours?
    Oh bollocks... I erm, err, was just repeating what ShootersHill was saying, yeah thats it!! :D
  • RedRobin said:
    Any rumours?
    Oh bollocks... I erm, err, was just repeating what ShootersHill was saying, yeah thats it!! :D
    Done up like a kipper B)
  • On ITTV they are speculatiing about Todd Kane at Qpr who has previous connections to Nigel.

Today they are saying that we are looking at Billy Bodin (Preston), Carlos Mendes Gomes (Morecambe), Jordan Graham (Gills), Josh Simms (Saints) and Owen Dale (Crewe).

Always like Bodin at Bristol Rovers. Suspect we might sign only one of him, Shane Ferguson or Josh Morris. All are 29 year old versatile left footed players. 
  • Carlos Gomes seems really promising and if we don't get him I can already imagine a club like Brentford picking him up and selling him within 2 years for millions 
  • edited May 2021
    iaitch said:

He's now since had 2 seasons experience at a higher level with better players and gameplans.
    Surely that would have had an effect upon improving his awareness and all round game?

Confidence is everything to a footballer, especially to strikers.

He'll never be a channel runner like Washington or strong in the air like Stockley.
    But if a team is set up to suit his game, he'll quite likely get his share of goals at this level.

• I said this yesterday Mendes Gomes is a P'Boro or Brentford signing that they will make millions on, why not beat them too it. Get a great player and make millions when we are in the Championship. 15 goals and 3 assists this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:

Why what happened?
    I am told that Bowyer was universally disliked by the 1st team and U23’s - zero man management skills, rude to players, criticising players in an abusive way in front of other players at Sparrows etc etc - also number of senior players highly sceptical of his tactical nous / abilities - he lost the dressing room very early on in the season just finished

If only he had gone 10 games sooner, and we got Nige in - oh what might have been

I am also told that Nige is like a breath of fresh air, and has taken the time to speak 1:1 with all playing staff (1st team, U23’s, U18’s) and other staff (groundsmen, kit people, admin etc etc) - even if only to grab a couple of minutes to chew the cud
    How was Basey involved? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:

Why what happened?
    I am told that Bowyer was universally disliked by the 1st team and U23’s - zero man management skills, rude to players, criticising players in an abusive way in front of other players at Sparrows etc etc - also number of senior players highly sceptical of his tactical nous / abilities - he lost the dressing room very early on in the season just finished

If only he had gone 10 games sooner, and we got Nige in - oh what might have been

I am also told that Nige is like a breath of fresh air, and has taken the time to speak 1:1 with all playing staff (1st team, U23’s, U18’s) and other staff (groundsmen, kit people, admin etc etc) - even if only to grab a couple of minutes to chew the cud
    Thanks for the detail and it pretty much sums up what we saw on the pitch and after the game in his awful aggy interviews with 'Scottie'.

I do sometimes wonder where and how it all went so wrong after a new positive owner saved us. Maybe he interfered with LB's self styled reality that he saved us. 

Anyway, lets move on (talking to myself) and talk about Bonne again :) 
  • Carlos Gomes seems really promising and if we don't get him I can already imagine a club like Brentford picking him up and selling him within 2 years for millions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSpzx8ea1r4
  • Carlos Mendes Gomes is probably out of our scope
  • Plays in League for a small club in Morecombe (although they could go up) we'd offer a big upgrade as a club and football and a nice pay rise. So it depends on TS budget and ambition. He'd be an investment instead of some the old cloggers that have been mentioned on here. We need to think like P'Boro or Barnsley if we are to progress.
  • Carlos Mendes Gomes is probably out of our scope
    Agreed. Would be a very good "statement" signing though - I seem to remember Sandgaard has mentioned his willingness/intention to push the boat out on a "big" signing to make a point to players and other clubs and this probably fits that description (hypothetically of course).
  • Maccn05 said:
    Plays in League for a small club in Morecombe (although they could go up) we'd offer a big upgrade as a club and football and a nice pay rise. So it depends on TS budget and ambition. He'd be an investment instead of some the old cloggers that have been mentioned on here. We need to think like P'Boro or Barnsley if we are to progress.
    Agree good young players in L1 and below is where we should be looking but it also comes down to the interest in him. If bigger clubs want him enough there will be a point where we can’t/shouldn’t compete on fee and wages.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!