Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    I said this yesterday Mendes Gomes is a P'Boro or Brentford signing that they will make millions on, why not beat them too it. Get a great player and make millions when we are in the Championship. 15 goals and 3 assists this season
    Peterborough is a shout as well, they're a club that seem to get it right more times often than not for signings.

Youth level at Getafe and Athletico Madrid. Mad to go from that to Morecambe
  • edited May 2021
    cafc4life said:
    Happily re-sign Famewo but no thanks to Millar. Think we can do better 

Find it interesting that 29 people liked that comment as despite Millar being a hybrid player: brilliant/rubbish at the same time, he can do a great Mazy run then have a wild lash at the ball. With good coaching, Liam will have a decent career higher than the 3rd tier of the EFL. He had 9 assists and he is still very raw.

If the 29 likes are for Famewo coming back then I agree despite his erratic passing and the occasional shite pass back.

• Maccn05 said:
    Plays in League for a small club in Morecombe (although they could go up) we'd offer a big upgrade as a club and football and a nice pay rise. So it depends on TS budget and ambition. He'd be an investment instead of some the old cloggers that have been mentioned on here. We need to think like P'Boro or Barnsley if we are to progress.
    Don't think anybody is saying we shouldn't be thinking like that. Just that with the clubs he's being linked with we can't compete. 
    Yep. The difference between us and the likes of Peterborough is that they tend to sign players before the bigger fish are circling and they’re happy to take risks on investments. 

It remains to be seen how we operate in the market, but I strongly suspect TS won’t be spending a load of money on one player.
  • Aneke is not going to Sheffield Wednesday 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Aneke is not going to Sheffield Wednesday 
    what's he going to do then?
  • "Put forward to SWFC"... wonder if that's his agent putting his name about because he's on our released list
  • Would be a shame to lose Chuks and especially to them mutants
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Play for a football Club who actually pay their players regularly.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Firstly Wednesday are under a transfer embargo and secondly he hasn't signed the contract we offered him, yet, because he wants another shot at the championship.

Of course hypothetically he could go there if he doesn't get a championship offer and we say "sorry to late". 
  • It's Chucks agent trying to squeeze some more cash out of our owners 
  • Brum all ready  in talks with his agent,he is free from Wimbledon 
  • doronron said:
    Brum all ready  in talks with his agent,he is free from Wimbledon 
    Is Jukivich (or whatever he's called) still at Birmingham ? Cant see him & Piggott playing in the same team. Or has Bowyer finally given up his penchant for a team of midfielders & now going for a team of 6ft 4 strikers.
  • cafc4life said:
    Would be a shame to lose Chuks and especially to them mutants
    I honestly can't see it happening but if our top scorer decided to leave us to sign for an absolute basket case of a club then it wouldn't exactly be a positive sign for our promotion hopes next season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    He's going there Thursday instead... Ba-dum-tsssss!!
  • doronron said:
    Aneke ?
    Joe Pigott
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:
    Is Grant Basey still at the club?
    Yes I’m sure I read he was focussing more on player care e.g. players out on loan and supporting youngsters coming into the first team. Must also be coaching. 
    Someone should ask Brendan Wiredu about his care for younger players

Why what happened?
    There has been an investigation going on internally for a while I understand, let's just say he played a major part in him going
    There was a lot of "stuff" going on behind the scenes that had a detrimental effect to our performances last season, from what I hear.  
    I am told that Bowyer was universally disliked by the 1st team and U23’s - zero man management skills, rude to players, criticising players in an abusive way in front of other players at Sparrows etc etc - also number of senior players highly sceptical of his tactical nous / abilities - he lost the dressing room very early on in the season just finished

If only he had gone 10 games sooner, and we got Nige in - oh what might have been

I am also told that Nige is like a breath of fresh air, and has taken the time to speak 1:1 with all playing staff (1st team, U23’s, U18’s) and other staff (groundsmen, kit people, admin etc etc) - even if only to grab a couple of minutes to chew the cud
    The only player that seemed to escape this was Darren Pratley I’m guessing.  He could’ve taken a dump in Bowyer’s fishing lake in France and still not come in for any criticism 

“I told prats, the fish need a kick up the arse. They can’t keep swimming abaat, thinking there’s no consequences”
    Yeah but did he pull out his tackle? Bowyer won't be happy.
  • doronron said:
    Aneke ?
    Joe Pigott
    Not Joe Piggott? 
  • Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:
    Yes I’m sure I read he was focussing more on player care e.g. players out on loan and supporting youngsters coming into the first team. Must also be coaching. 

Why what happened?
    There has been an investigation going on internally for a while I understand, let's just say he played a major part in him going
    There was a lot of "stuff" going on behind the scenes that had a detrimental effect to our performances last season, from what I hear.  
    I am told that Bowyer was universally disliked by the 1st team and U23’s - zero man management skills, rude to players, criticising players in an abusive way in front of other players at Sparrows etc etc - also number of senior players highly sceptical of his tactical nous / abilities - he lost the dressing room very early on in the season just finished

If only he had gone 10 games sooner, and we got Nige in - oh what might have been

I am also told that Nige is like a breath of fresh air, and has taken the time to speak 1:1 with all playing staff (1st team, U23’s, U18’s) and other staff (groundsmen, kit people, admin etc etc) - even if only to grab a couple of minutes to chew the cud
    I think the pressure (and the ESI shambles) got to Bowyer. He looked like someone who needed a break

The move to Birmingham was the right decision for BOTH parties 
    Heard LB went mental at the training ground tea lady after she gave him an oat milk cappuccino instead of normal. He smashed all her Jaffa Cakes and the players couldn't dip them in their tea, they had to eat the crumbs with a spoon
    Complete and utter garbage..... I heard it was chocolate hobnobs.
  • iaitch said:
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Jac_52 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    RedRobin said:

Why what happened?

I think the pressure (and the ESI shambles) got to Bowyer. He looked like someone who needed a break

The move to Birmingham was the right decision for BOTH parties 
    Heard LB went mental at the training ground tea lady after she gave him an oat milk cappuccino instead of normal. He smashed all her Jaffa Cakes and the players couldn't dip them in their tea, they had to eat the crumbs with a spoon
    Complete and utter garbage..... I heard it was chocolate hobnobs.
    Admin.  Can we move this to the Bowyer tea lady capuccino jaffa cake garbage chocolate hobnob thread?

Or maybe not!
  • Or maybe rename the thread Transfer Rumours.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    doronron said:
    Aneke ?
    Joe Pigott
    Not Joe Piggott? 
    No...Lester Piggott B)
  • cafc4life said:
    I honestly can't see it happening but if our top scorer decided to leave us to sign for an absolute basket case of a club then it wouldn't exactly be a positive sign for our promotion hopes next season. 
    I actually think the opposite. If we are letting him leave then maybe we expect to sign better 
  • AndyG said:
    cafc4life said:
    I actually think the opposite. If we are letting him leave then maybe we expect to sign better 
    He’s out of contract. We can’t stop him leaving. 
  • AndyG said:
    cafc4life said:
    He’s out of contract. We can’t stop him leaving. 
    Have we offered him a new contract ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!