Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Interesting option... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hunt

Notice too that Sheffield Wednesday havent announced their released list either ;)
    They have .... 

Sheffield Wednesday – Luke Cox, Charlie Curtis, Corey Glaves, Luke Hall, Alex Hare, Ben Hughes, Calum Huxley, Charlie Reaney, Isaac Rice, Luke Yates, Joost Van Aken(Zulte Waregem)

Offered New Contracts – Josh Dawodu, Charles Hagan, Josh Render

Erm that isn’t Sheff Wendies??!!!
    It is, but looks like their development squad/u18 list? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Interesting option... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hunt

Notice too that Sheffield Wednesday havent announced their released list either ;)
    They have .... 

Sheffield Wednesday – Luke Cox, Charlie Curtis, Corey Glaves, Luke Hall, Alex Hare, Ben Hughes, Calum Huxley, Charlie Reaney, Isaac Rice, Luke Yates, Joost Van Aken(Zulte Waregem)

Offered New Contracts – Josh Dawodu, Charles Hagan, Josh Render

Erm that isn’t Sheff Wendies??!!!
    It is, but looks like their development squad/u18 list? 
    Yeah that makes sense, don’t recognise any of the names on that list. 
  • RedRobin said:

Not Charlton related but I thought this kid went to City? Watford have just signed him for £125k!!!! We can’t compete with premier league wages they’ve offered him. Would try and get him on loan. 
    Man City deal fell through.
  • Seems more and more that good lower league players are skipping right past L1 and The Championship and going straight to the PL. They get higher wages and then get shipped right off to the lower leagues again on loan.
  • edited May 2021
    Seems more and more that good lower league players are skipping right past L1 and The Championship and going straight to the PL. They get higher wages and then get shipped right off to the lower leagues again on loan.
    Home Grown Rule is probably having a hand in that.

That and the fear of a competitor picking up a once in a lifetime talent that you ignore
  • In this case he's someone from the Palace academy who 2 years later is now back at a high level in Watford

Someone at Palace made a bit of a rick in letting him go  :D
  • edited May 2021
    RedRobin said:

Not Charlton related but I thought this kid went to City? Watford have just signed him for £125k!!!! We can’t compete with premier league wages they’ve offered him. Would try and get him on loan. 
    I read Manchester City deal was for 10 million.  125 k is shy of that by a bit.
    Don’t think it was ever that high. Failed the medical at city is what I heard anyway.

edit: found the convo with my Rochdale supporting brother in law

• Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:

I read Manchester City deal was for 10 million.  125 k is shy of that by a bit.
    I heard that City gave them some money to fix the pitch and the insinuation was that he would go there in return I don't think it was down to the medical as it was never a "done deal". 
  • RedRobin said:

No worries. Very little, if any 'info' on here at the moment is Charlton related.
  • Major said:
    RedRobin said:

No worries. Very little, if any 'info' on here at the moment is Charlton related.
    Harsh.

But fair.
  • When does the window open?
    does it matter? You can sign players out of the window, you just can't play them. Seeing as the season doesn't start until August it's not an issue.

J BLOCK said:
    When does the window open?
    does it matter? You can sign players out of the window, you just can't play them. Seeing as the season doesn't start until August it's not an issue.
    Yes because when the window opens that's when it's usually officially announced. 

as I said : https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2021/may/interview-billy-kee-was-instrumental-in-harrys-move/

• LordDofB said:
    How likely is it that Aneke would fail a medical at another club?       
    How long does the medical last?
    Bravo
  • edited May 2021
    Probably nothing in it but Jonny Williams just posted an Instagram story meeting Jason Pearce and one of the physio's with "guess who's back" playing in the background. Believe he only signed to the end of the season with Cardiff? 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Probably nothing in it but Jonny Williams just posted an Instagram story meeting Jason Pearce and one of the physio's with "guess who's back" playing in the background. Believe he only signed to the end of the season with Cardiff? 
    He probably spent a lot of time together on the injury table 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    I love those "throw away comments", just enough to get people going  B)
  • Contract negotiations with Ben Watson are ongoing... FFS.
  • surprised that Dempsey has been offered a new deal. I thought him being shipped out to the conference for a year at the age of 21 meant bye bye ben
  • ButtleJR said:
    But what about Chuks' last instagram post?
  • Chunes said:
    Contract negotiations with Ben Watson are ongoing... FFS.
    Hopefully contact denegotiations following his clause being triggered. 
  • mendonca said:
    Chunes said:
    Exactly. It doesn't say we want to extend it. It's quite possible that we're looking to de-trigger the contract!
  • mendonca said:
    Chunes said:
    Exactly. It doesn't say we want to extend it. It's quite possible that we're looking to de-trigger the contract!
    Yes, more likely a deal that will allow Watson to be part-paid up by Charlton and free to negotiate a new deal elsewhere. 
  • That is very wishful thinking, but I certainly wish it to be true!
  • surprised that Dempsey has been offered a new deal. I thought him being shipped out to the conference for a year at the age of 21 meant bye bye ben
    Maybe Dempsey's performances at Woking have warranted an extended contract?

He would have been closely monitored by the club.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!