Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• As for worrying about disrespect. Do me a favour, Christ. 😂
  • Any IKO info on Stockley? Seems to have gone quiet 
  • Croydon said:
    Jonniesta said:
    I find the disrespect shown to Watson staggering. This is a guy who has spent best part of 10 years in the Premier League,  knows how to play the big game, scoring the winner in the Cup Final, and surely would be a great role model for the young team we're looking to build. Yes, he and Pratley together last season brings back horrific memories of overly defensive home games that ultimately cost us a play off place, but we need some experience in the squad, and the guys we want to buy won't have it. Would expect Nige to be leveraging his, Gunter's and Pearce's experience as players to see games out, whilst we build an attacking side that takes games to teams. 
    Couldn't care less about his credentials. He was fucking toilet for us. On a big wage, when we were under the cap, and spent half his appearances looking like he couldn't be arsed. Would have taken another year of Pratley over him any day.

Gunter is shit, Watson is shit. We need experience but lets get it from some pros who actually play like they give a shit.
    I couldn't agree more . Gunter and Watson are two of the worst signings we have made in recent times and we have made a few . TS please get rid .
  • Watson is ok but not worth the relatively large salary he is rumoured to be on. 

Gunter on the other hand is dreadful, lost count of how many goals he cost us, would love us to move him on but no way will any team take him off our hands after his season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Any IKO info on Stockley? Seems to have gone quiet 
    The last I heard was that Stockley is very keen on coming, and personal terms wouldn’t be an issue. PNE are keen to recoup as much of the 750k they paid as possible. We obviously don’t want to over pay for a player heading into the last year of his contract. Deal was close but Hull then came sniffing, PNE probably want a bidding war.

Fairly confident we will get him though.
    Fuck off Hull, how many lumps up front do they want? Already got Eaves and Magennis.
  • Valley11 said:
    Any IKO info on Stockley? Seems to have gone quiet 
    The last I heard was that Stockley is very keen on coming, and personal terms wouldn’t be an issue. PNE are keen to recoup as much of the 750k they paid as possible. We obviously don’t want to over pay for a player heading into the last year of his contract. Deal was close but Hull then came sniffing, PNE probably want a bidding war.

Fairly confident we will get him though.
    Fuck off Hull, how many lumps up front do they want? Already got Eaves and Magennis.
    Hopefully Stockley chooses us on the basis he knows the setup here, and knows the Manager will utilise him.

Big risk of him going to Hull and it not working, then goes on loan to another club and it not work out there either - All of a sudden becomes a little bit of a slippery slope with his career
  • Marcus Maddison is signing for Spalding United, on £500 a week.
    Can I be put on the info list now?😉
  • edited May 2021
    Jonniesta said:
    Croydon said:
    As for worrying about disrespect. Do me a favour, Christ. 😂
    Not really sure what this means... 

But describing those guys as 'shit' and 'fucking toilet' clearly highlights your thorough understanding of the intricacies of the game. I stand corrected. 
    Respect is earned, and Watson has done nothing in a Charlton shirt to earn my respect. If you think he and Gunter have played consistently well enough to earn a new deal, then I'd question whether you'd watched us this season.

As others have said on this forum, and even on this thread, easily our most disappointing signings of the season. And,  given the circumstances with the cap, I'd argue 2 of our worst in recent years.
  • Interesting on Charlton TV tonight, as I'm sure I hear Thomas say that we're trying to sign TWO of the loan players on permanent deals. Stockley is obviously one of them, but who would the other one be? 
  • edited May 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Interesting on Charlton TV tonight, as I'm sure I hear Thomas say that we're trying to sign TWO of the loan players on permanent deals. Stockley is obviously one of them, but who would the other one be? 
    Famewo I hope, but I'd welcome Maatsen back too 
    Would take either of those. But can't imagine Chelsea letting Maatsen go. Maybe Norwich don't think Famewo is Premier League level.
  • Interesting on Charlton TV tonight, as I'm sure I hear Thomas say that we're trying to sign TWO of the loan players on permanent deals. Stockley is obviously one of them, but who would the other one be? 
    Matt Smith. 
    Which one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Interesting on Charlton TV tonight, as I'm sure I hear Thomas say that we're trying to sign TWO of the loan players on permanent deals. Stockley is obviously one of them, but who would the other one be? 
    Has to be Famewo, can you really see Chelsea selling Maatsen, too many zero's on the price 
    Chelsea have Maatsen tied down for a year longer than Norwich do with Famewo as well
    Matt Smith. 
    Which one?
    All of them
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It’s Famewo 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Has to be Famewo, can you really see Chelsea selling Maatsen, too many zero's on the price 
     I have zero belief it will be Maatsen, I can see Famewo happening. His injury history and his inconsistency must give Naaridge doubts over his future at PL level.
  • If we sign Famewo I'd want us to potentially bring in two other Centre-Backs still

Unless we have someone on the cusp playing for the U23s on a regular basis.

Having just four CBs of Inniss | Famewo | Pearce | one other, would worry me if the first two got into trouble again
    Agree. 

Not seen enough of Mingi to say whether he could be that man, but I believe he's the closest in the U23s.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!