Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Aneke signed for Aberdeen??
  • edit, doesn't seem as if it's him - just on his instagram
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I wouldn't rule out it being Matt Smith.  Don't all laugh!

He is in his last year at Arsenal, unlike Chelsea they don't collect players in their 20s to loan out. 

He isn't 21 until October so I don't think he would be included in the salary cap, if it or something similar was reintroduced.  I am not sure if he would be included in the squad limit?

Shinnie and Pratley have gone, Watson is tbc and JFC won't play again this year.    It's a position we need at least 3 players in for and he has great potential and could be part of the "journey".

You can point to the fact Adkins didn't use him. I don't think that's a good messuring stick because he stuck to a team and couldn't really experiment with the time he had.  He didn't really disappoint when he did play though. 

If we had not signed him on loan in January and he had carried on his form at Swindon he would be exactly the sort of player people would be saying we should be signing.

It would help address the talent drain we have seen that has bereft of quality in the 19-21 range.

He is exactly the sort of player I could see being a championship starter in 2 years time.  Add in the fact Adkins and his staff would know exactly what they are getting, in terms of both ability and character. 

It's not really as silly as it first sounds, is it? 

Not silly at all. If you consider that both dempsey and vennings signed new contracts, plus Morgan being in and around the squad, do we need a 4th 21 year old?
  • Chunes said:
    If you're good enough, you're old enough, as they say. Maatsen is 19. You're clutching at straws, here. Did Smith even make a squad? 
    Maatsen was one of 2 left backs and 2 fit wide players.  Apples and oranges. 
  • edit, doesn't seem as if it's him - just on his instagram
    It’s his pal. Jay Emmanuel Thomas
  • edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    If you're good enough, you're old enough, as they say. Maatsen is 19. You're clutching at straws, here. Did Smith even make a squad? 
    Hey maybe you're right. I just think there's a very miniscule chance of you actually being right. Since there's no evidence he rates Matt Smith at all, and this seems to be a scenario that's been made up, not based on anything solid.

I could equally say that we could be signing Omar Bogle back. 
  • Chunes said:
    Maatsen was one of 2 left backs in the squad and was left out by Adkins for a few games. Smith was one of 7 or 8 midfielders.

I get the original post. Need to beat Lincoln, do you go with an experienced guy who has scored in a cup final or a young kid. We needed experience in our run in, nows the time to rebuild for the future and smith fits in. He has been her for 6 months which is enough time to settle, full pre season, could be a very good player for us. I don’t think it will happen as we have vennings and dempsey but it isn’t a silly suggestion
  • Late to the party but I am huge Famewo fan. His only fault is that he probably too slow to react at times, but his pace and power allows him to recover easily enough. Would get in trouble at higher division when strikers can match his strength and power.

Famewo would be a great signing. Reckon in a couple years time he will be worth £10m+. I really hope we sign him. Best signing we have made in years.

• edited May 2021
    Chunes said:
    Maatsen was one of 2 left backs in the squad and was left out by Adkins for a few games. Smith was one of 7 or 8 midfielders.

I get the original post. Need to beat Lincoln, do you go with an experienced guy who has scored in a cup final or a young kid. We needed experience in our run in, nows the time to rebuild for the future and smith fits in. He has been her for 6 months which is enough time to settle, full pre season, could be a very good player for us. I don’t think it will happen as we have vennings and dempsey but it isn’t a silly suggestion
    So Maatsen wasn't good enough, he was just one of only 2 left-backs? And a winger.
  • Late to the party but I am huge Famewo fan. His only fault is that he probably too slow to react at times, but his pace and power allows him to recover easily enough. Would get in trouble at higher division when strikers can match his strength and power.

And if he stays at Naarwich he would be playing two divisions higher - pretty sure he's not ready for that.

I'll be watching who they're signing closely anyway.

• Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Late to the party but I am huge Famewo fan. His only fault is that he probably too slow to react at times, but his pace and power allows him to recover easily enough. Would get in trouble at higher division when strikers can match his strength and power.

And if he stays at Naarwich he would be playing two divisions higher - pretty sure he's not ready for that.

Too Injury prone for me no thanks
  • Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Hey maybe you're right. I just think there's a very miniscule chance of you actually being right. Since there's no evidence he rates Matt Smith at all, and this seems to be a scenario that's been made up, not based on anything solid.

I could equally say that we could be signing Omar Bogle back. 
    I didn't say it was happening, I said I wouldn't rule it out and explained why I think it could be possible.

I just think it's silly to suggest a manager doesn't rate a player, who is basically a kid, because he didn't chuck him in a ten game mini season. 
  • I might be wrong but isnt it Oshi that has signed for them ?
  • AndyG said:
    I might be wrong but isnt it Oshi that has signed for them ?
    Nope it was:

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

So Maatsen wasn't good enough, he was just one of only 2 left-backs? And a winger.
    No if he left Maatsen out he would have had to change the system/formation.  Smith was one of 7 players playing for 3 places, of which he was the youngest and least experienced.

I suspect you know that and are being deliberately obtuse.  
  • AndyG said:
    Nope it was:

Just became my 2nd team ;p;
  • AndyG said:
    Neither Deji or Aneke it was one of their mates... Jay Emmanuel Thomas
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Sorry, I do t think I was clear in what I said. I didn’t say he wasn’t good enough. The point I was trying to make is that if you are one of two left backs, you may get more game time than a midfielder who is 1 of 8. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    Chunes said:
     we could be signing Omar Bogle back. 
    We can dream.

Unicorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • edited May 2021
    George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-set-to-sign-hull-city-goalkeeper-george-long-strike-deal-for-scott-malone/
  • George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-set-to-sign-hull-city-goalkeeper-george-long-strike-deal-for-scott-malone/

Rumour .... that’s the word 

Common sense would say why do we need another keeper 
  • George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

Because as of right now all our Goalkeepers for next season are under 23.

Because we're one injury away from hoping an inexperienced kid lives up to the hype and pressure. Which is not ideal.
  • Not to mention Avory pretty much said the aim is to loan out Maynard-Brewer. Do we really want to rely on Harness being No.2 if Amos re-signs and gets injured
  • edited May 2021
    Addickted said:
    Late to the party but I am huge Famewo fan. His only fault is that he probably too slow to react at times, but his pace and power allows him to recover easily enough. Would get in trouble at higher division when strikers can match his strength and power.

Too Injury prone for me no thanks
    Would you apply the same logic to Jake...
    It goes without saying that every player will suffer an injury at some time, and every injury occurs at the wrong time, surely it is what the player brings to the team on the pitch, injuries can't be legislated for unfortunately.
  • thenewbie said:
    George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

Because we're one injury away from hoping an inexperienced kid lives up to the hype and pressure. Which is not ideal.
    Or just doing what everyone else seems to be doing, and getting an emergency keeper in!
  • Without being disparaging about keepers, it is one position where it is possible to fill a gap relatively easily and you can bring one in on an emergency loan.
    The most important thing is to make sure you have a very good number 1. Hopefully that will be Amos.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!