Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-set-to-sign-hull-city-goalkeeper-george-long-strike-deal-for-scott-malone/

Rumour .... that’s the word 

Common sense would say why do we need another keeper 
    So we can send AMB out on loan, ideally for a season in L2.
  • AndyG said:
    I think if we manage to sign Famewo that could be our best bit of business. I know alot on here dont rate him but I think he will go up to premiership standard given time. Bloke is an athlete and super calm
    I don't think i've seen a single poster on here ever saying they don't rate Famewo.

If he'd been fit all season, we'd have easily made the play offs and might have even challenged the top 2.
    I've said I'd be ambivalent about him returning as he is a truly dreadful passer of the ball, but he is a really good defender so I wouldn't complain either
  • His distribution could do with some work. He seems fine dribbling out from the left. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in these areas (AFC aside), as he did get moved from LCB and RCB, depending on injuries. 
  • Scoham said:
    George Long is set to sign for Millwall... Wasnt he rumoured to be joining us with Reece Burke?

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-set-to-sign-hull-city-goalkeeper-george-long-strike-deal-for-scott-malone/

Rumour .... that’s the word 

Common sense would say why do we need another keeper 
    So we can send AMB out on loan, ideally for a season in L2.
    Why send him out ... think he should be our number one at league one level .... 
  • Leuth said:
    AndyG said:
    I think if we manage to sign Famewo that could be our best bit of business. I know alot on here dont rate him but I think he will go up to premiership standard given time. Bloke is an athlete and super calm
    I don't think i've seen a single poster on here ever saying they don't rate Famewo.

If he'd been fit all season, we'd have easily made the play offs and might have even challenged the top 2.
    I've said I'd be ambivalent about him returning as he is a truly dreadful passer of the ball, but he is a really good defender so I wouldn't complain either
    He was massively overrated from our fans whilst injured and deemed to be the Maldini who will save our season, he was good when he came back but didn't live up to the false messiah status.  I think we could do better, his injury record is inconsistent and injuries have been our undoing on many an occasion due to our bargain bin shopping of the past. 
  • Clubs seem to be signing players a bit early this year? I thought usually there’s no activity until after the play offs and holidays?
  • edited May 2021
    Accrington goalie Toby Savin only 20 had a good game at Pompey.

Meslier at Leeds is only 21 had a good season.

If they think he's good then throw him in and let's see.

• Sponsored links:

• Clubs seem to be signing players a bit early this year? I thought usually there’s no activity until after the play offs and holidays?
    Only if you're one of the clubs involved in the playoffs.

Those clubs don't know which division they're playing in and normally won't act until they do know.

Was actually suggested on the show lastnight, that we are behind due to not knowing if we'd be in the playoffs or not. 
  • shine166 said:
    Clubs seem to be signing players a bit early this year? I thought usually there’s no activity until after the play offs and holidays?
    Was actually suggested on the show lastnight, that we are behind due to not knowing if we'd be in the playoffs or not. 
    Good to get the excuses in early.
  • Aneke signed for Aberdeen??
    He appears to like steaks, among many other things. 
  • edited May 2021
  • I can't seem to find it anywhere...when does the EFL Transfer window officially open - June 1?  and close?
  • edited May 2021
    May have looked into it too much but I took Avory's comments as confirming Amos has signed an extension

He said something along the lines of 'Ben will be looking to ensure it stays that way longer (about AMB being a bench warmer)'. He also suggested AMB going out on loan which I don't see happening unless we re-sign Ben and another experienced pro.

It could just be Steve assuming Amos will be here but I think he will.

I said Amos wasn't good enough when we were in dreadful form cause it did feel like anything that went his way went in, that said I thought he finished the season fairly strong and he is comfortable with us, would be fairly content if we kept him on 
  • May have looked into it too much but I took Avory's comments as confirming Amos has signed an extension

He said something along the lines of 'Ben will be looking to ensure it stays that way longer (about AMB being a bench warmer)'. He also suggested AMB going out on loan which I don't see happening unless we re-sign Ben and another experienced pro.

I said Amos wasn't good enough when we were in dreadful form cause it did feel like anything that went his way went in, that said I thought he finished the season fairly strong and he is comfortable with us, would be fairly content if we kept him on 
    On Amos, I think his main weak link is shots from distance.  Early season when we had a settled defence and midfield we weren't letting teams take the long shots and Amos looked comfortable.  When we had makeshift defences and the midfield changing game-by-game the long shots started coming and we let in a lot of "worldies" - these were only worldies because we allowed the attacker time and space to pick their spot.  

I am happy with Amos being our #1 next year but would ideally like a better option if we get promoted.  
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:

Probably dates back to his cock up against Wimbledon.
    Great if we could get him back imo.
    or unearth another beast like innis 
  • Interesting on Charlton TV tonight, as I'm sure I hear Thomas say that we're trying to sign TWO of the loan players on permanent deals. Stockley is obviously one of them, but who would the other one be? 
    Matt Smith. 
    Not him.  Matt Smith.
  • Like to see AMB get into first team the season.
  • edited May 2021
    shine166 said:
    Clubs seem to be signing players a bit early this year? I thought usually there’s no activity until after the play offs and holidays?
    Good to get the excuses in early.
    Why exactly do Curbs, Brownie, and Minto need to "come up with excuses", nothing to do with them, they were only giving their opinion, and as it is, we were possibly  behind for that reason.
  • Chrispy51 said:
    May have looked into it too much but I took Avory's comments as confirming Amos has signed an extension

On Amos, I think his main weak link is shots from distance.  Early season when we had a settled defence and midfield we weren't letting teams take the long shots and Amos looked comfortable.  When we had makeshift defences and the midfield changing game-by-game the long shots started coming and we let in a lot of "worldies" - these were only worldies because we allowed the attacker time and space to pick their spot.  

I am happy with Amos being our #1 next year but would ideally like a better option if we get promoted.  
    Our defence and midfield let too many long shots come in, but you'd expect a decent keeper like Amos to save more of them than he managed
  • Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    http://ftp.maadallas.com/student/eudydonotdelete/smudger/index.html).
  • Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    http://ftp.maadallas.com/student/eudydonotdelete/smudger/index.html).
    We had a Paul Smyth last season...
  • Leuth said:
    AndyG said:

Nah
  • Australia's best performance was a fourth place in 1992... If he goes and they equal that performance, he'll miss the first game of the season as the Bronze Medal game is the day before the start of the League One season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!