Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Definitely missing a lot of this! Any updates?

• thought Dempsey had been offered a new contract?
  • Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    http://ftp.maadallas.com/student/eudydonotdelete/smudger/index.html).
    Michael Smith, now at Rotherham, was signed by Powell though hardly played
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Definitely missing a lot of this! Any updates?

Only that George Long looks to be off to Millwall but not confirmed yet
  • Australia's best performance was a fourth place in 1992... If he goes and they equal that performance, he'll miss the first game of the season as the Bronze Medal game is the day before the start of the League One season
    Japan is for an advanced country,  not on top of Covid with 1% of population vaccinated so far. 

Therefore 10 days quarantine on return as well. 
    In which case Australia only need to reach the Quarter-Finals for him to be ineligible
  • Dazzler21 said:

Aneke, Pearce and Caskey have all been offered contracts - as confirmed by the retained/released list from the club.
    I think that mean CEL gets a few more in green.

Also Oztumer has been released, that's one for RonnieMoore. 
  • edited May 2021
    Chrispy51 said:
    May have looked into it too much but I took Avory's comments as confirming Amos has signed an extension

He said something along the lines of 'Ben will be looking to ensure it stays that way longer (about AMB being a bench warmer)'. He also suggested AMB going out on loan which I don't see happening unless we re-sign Ben and another experienced pro.

It could just be Steve assuming Amos will be here but I think he will.

I said Amos wasn't good enough when we were in dreadful form cause it did feel like anything that went his way went in, that said I thought he finished the season fairly strong and he is comfortable with us, would be fairly content if we kept him on 
    On Amos, I think his main weak link is shots from distance.  Early season when we had a settled defence and midfield we weren't letting teams take the long shots and Amos looked comfortable.  When we had makeshift defences and the midfield changing game-by-game the long shots started coming and we let in a lot of "worldies" - these were only worldies because we allowed the attacker time and space to pick their spot.  

I am happy with Amos being our #1 next year but would ideally like a better option if we get promoted.  
    He's good coming for crosses etc & has made some great saves keeping us in matches but he is liable to make mistakes ie fumbling the ball & some of the long range shots that have gone in were just embarrassing. Ideally hopefully AMB out on loan & will be ready for the following season, premiership loan in & Amos on the bench. What I think will happen, AMB out on loan Amos 1st choice & we'll sign a back up keeper.

Sorry just realised this is the rumours thread  :o
  • Dazzler21 said:

I did say a fair few pages that Bob Bolder is coming out of retirement and will will be wearing the number 63 shirt. You have neglected to put that on the list even though it is 100% true. 
  • Chrispy51 said:
    May have looked into it too much but I took Avory's comments as confirming Amos has signed an extension

He said something along the lines of 'Ben will be looking to ensure it stays that way longer (about AMB being a bench warmer)'. He also suggested AMB going out on loan which I don't see happening unless we re-sign Ben and another experienced pro.

It could just be Steve assuming Amos will be here but I think he will.

I said Amos wasn't good enough when we were in dreadful form cause it did feel like anything that went his way went in, that said I thought he finished the season fairly strong and he is comfortable with us, would be fairly content if we kept him on 
    On Amos, I think his main weak link is shots from distance.  Early season when we had a settled defence and midfield we weren't letting teams take the long shots and Amos looked comfortable.  When we had makeshift defences and the midfield changing game-by-game the long shots started coming and we let in a lot of "worldies" - these were only worldies because we allowed the attacker time and space to pick their spot.  

I am happy with Amos being our #1 next year but would ideally like a better option if we get promoted.  
    He's good coming for crosses etc & has made some great saves keeping us in matches but he is liable to make mistakes ie fumbling the ball & some of the long range shots that have gone in were just embarrassing. Ideally hopefully AMB out on loan & will be ready for the following season, premiership loan in & Amos on the bench. What I think will happen, AMB out on loan Amos 1st choice & we'll sign a back up keeper.

Sorry just realised this is the rumours thread  :o
    Agree with everything you say there regarding Amos. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    Just the one sub appearance against Halifax. 
  • Talal said:
    Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    Did he score in that game?
  • edited May 2021
    Talal said:
    Can anyone remember the last time we had a first teamer called Smith who wasn't of the Matt variety?  I can't think of any later than Kevin (interesting bit about him here
    Did he score in that game?
    No. Think Pritchard got his first in that one. 
  • All going to have to wait till June 9th when the window opens 
    Better tell that to these clubs, they must be completing transfers illegally in that case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57089800

Nothing to stop us announcing a signing or sale tomorrow if it’s completed. Doesn’t matter that it might officially go through on 9th (or 1st July if a contract is ending).
  • The first portion of the summer transfer window is effectively pointless. You can sign anyone at any point but you can’t register them to play until a window is open. Considering their are no games to play in until August the date of June 9th has absolutely zero bearing on anything.
  • I'm surprised there hasnt been an announcement on the players that have been offered new contracts yet. Good job I'm not in charge because if a player was taking too long to commit then I would withdraw the offer and tell them to do one. Either you want to be here or you dont imo
  • edited May 2021
    AndyG said:
    I'm surprised there hasnt been an announcement on the players that have been offered new contracts yet. Good job I'm not in charge because if a player was taking too long to commit then I would withdraw the offer and tell them to do one. Either you want to be here or you dont imo
    Huh?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91763/retained-and-released-list-now-out-p2/p2

"The club can confirm that contract discussions with Ben Amos, Chuks Aneke, Jake Forster-Caskey, Adam Matthews, Jason Pearce and Ben Watson are ongoing ahead of the expiration of their contracts this month."
  • This is the pits. No games. No Rumours. No Scarfie.
  • Sponsored links:

They can sign at any point I think but they officially become a player for the side when the window opens on the 9th.
  • Scoham said:
    All going to have to wait till June 9th when the window opens 
    Better tell that to these clubs, they must be completing transfers illegally in that case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57089800

Nothing to stop us announcing a signing or sale tomorrow if it’s completed. Doesn’t matter that it might officially go through on 9th (or 1st July if a contract is ending).

Exactly. The window just means they can’t play until the window opens. Same as if we signed someone in say October they couldn’t play until the next window opened. Technically all contracts end 30th June I think.
  • RedRobin said:
    Rumour alert! 
    Is that a direct quote from DMc? 😉 
  • Probably a 12 year old posting but a rumour is a rumour. 
  • Rumours are obviously just like buses.
  • Are EFL Hub trustworthy or one of those pointless accounts that just post lies? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!