Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Paul Smyth released by QPR today. Probably get a L1 
    He was regular with Accrington until the last 5 games of the season when he barely played, I wonder if they'll be after him
  • RedRobin said:
    And another 😂
    It looks like Chuks has just realised that it wasn't just a fart......
    At last the "why can he only ever play 20 minutes?" controversy is solved...
  • Maccn05 said:
    Someone’s gonna get themselves a cracking little forward/right back.
  • I would take Paul Smyth back definitely, versatile player and believe he could fit how Adkins would want to play. 

I wouldn't see him as a quality starter but as a squad player 100% would take him 
  • RedRobin said:
    And another 😂
    It looks like Chuks has just realised that it wasn't just a fart......
    One for the 'Needing a Barry' thread.
  • Seems like people were mostly happy with last season's squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Seems like people were mostly happy with last season's squad
    Hopefully not Mr Adkins though 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Wycombe or Accy I would imagine. Can't see us being interested
  • I've seen nothing in Smyth that explains why we were interested in him last season in the Championship
    Poor player in my opinion 
  • After I was told George Long would be signing it was going the rounds that he was joining Millwall. May be they made him a better offer. Today the press are reporting that Millwall are trying to sign Joe Lumley. Understudies to Balkowski. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Absolutely Fabulous signing. ;)
  • This thread is already more encouraging than the last four year's versions.
  • Richard J said:
    After I was told George Long would be signing it was going the rounds that he was joining Millwall. May be they made him a better offer. Today the press are reporting that Millwall are trying to sign Joe Lumley. Understudies to Balkowski. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Lumley has gone to Boro. 
    Absolutely Fabulous news.
    T_C_E said:
    After I was told George Long would be signing it was going the rounds that he was joining Millwall. May be they made him a better offer. Today the press are reporting that Millwall are trying to sign Joe Lumley. Understudies to Balkowski. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Absolutely Fabulous signing. ;)
    Great minds and all that.
  • Ipswich don’t look like they’re messing around. They’ve offered Jordan Rhodes a 3 year deal on crazy money. 

Looks like he’s going back to Huddersfield but the intent is there
  • Sponsored links:

• This thread is already more encouraging than the last four year's versions.
    We've not signed anyone yet......so as it stands it's no better than any of the past 4 years. The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say.
  • Richard J said:
    Lumley has gone to Boro. 
    Absolutely Fabulous news.
    Is that to Avenge(rs) the people who wanted him to come here?
  • Ipswich don’t look like they’re messing around. They’ve offered Jordan Rhodes a 3 year deal on crazy money. 

Looks like he’s going back to Huddersfield but the intent is there
    He signing for Huddersfield 
  • Jordan Chodes (bringing puns back)
  • long time ago since he scored those goals though. Not very mobile nowadays and probably on silly money

• Cafc43v3r said:
    You can have all the money in the world but if you're spending it on Jordan Rhodes... 
    Scored 52 goals in his last 2 seasons at this level, let's wank ourselves silly over a Exeter winger who 90% of people have never seen play and has never played above league 2. 

Makes sense. 

I know he's been playing in the Championship, but he hasn't made double figures in the league since 2015. Strikes me as another Will Grigg in that he no longer has the stats to backup his reputation. Wouldn't be the worst signing at this level, but I'm not sure he's any longer the kind of striker you could build a promotion campaign around.

Ideally you want a striker at or just before his peak.
    I think you missed the point I was making.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!