Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Where was the Aneke to Wednesday rumour?
  • Alex Hunt a 20 year old Sheffield Wednesday midfielder is linked with us and Ipswich. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Where was the Aneke to Wednesday rumour?
    Top of Pg.47
  • For those of us that would like to keep Aneke, it is probably good news that the only club specifically mentioned so far is Wednesday.  A club that has a job paying its players and is in the same division as us.
    Blackburn in for him too 
  • edited May 2021
    That's a point what's happened to Ben breretons career, always thought he was promising but he went to Blackburn and has fallen off the map
  • LTKapal said:
    That's a point what's happened to Ben breretons career, always thought he was promising but he went to Blackburn and has fallen off the map
    Seems to have been overshadowed by Adam Armstrong and Harvey Elliott this season at Blackburn. Has never quite hit the heights people expected when he burst onto the scene at Forest. Think Blackburn paid a lot of money for him too? 
  • I still find it bizarre that a club will actively pursue a player who they know won’t be able to play 90 minutes of football. I suppose it’s slightly different in Charltons case because the club knows the player well and presumably in our case feel he still can offer a significant contribution. I can see other clubs message boards going into meltdown if they catch on that their latest signing can’t play 90 minutes possibly ever. 
  • How likely is it that Aneke would fail a medical at another club?       
  • LordDofB said:
    How likely is it that Aneke would fail a medical at another club?       
    Don’t know if there is anything wrong with him other than a psychological problem. Perhaps someone on here knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    Carlos Gomes seems really promising and if we don't get him I can already imagine a club like Brentford picking him up and selling him within 2 years for millions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSpzx8ea1r4
    This geezer looks unstoppable, why have we not signed him???
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Aneke is not going to Sheffield Wednesday 
    what's he going to do then?
    Firstly Wednesday are under a transfer embargo and secondly he hasn't signed the contract we offered him, yet, because he wants another shot at the championship.

Of course hypothetically he could go there if he doesn't get a championship offer and we say "sorry to late". 

so 'Aneke is not going to Sheffield Wednesday' which is a definitive statement actually means he could maybe, possibly go to Sheffield Wednesday.
    OK I'll rephrase that then.  He isn't leaving us to go to Wednesday.  He may, at some unspecified date, in the future, end up there. 

In the same way we might sign Haaland. 
    Get him on the list @Dazzler21
    Ha Ha Haalland perhaps....
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    cafc4life said:
    Would be a shame to lose Chuks and especially to them mutants
    I honestly can't see it happening but if our top scorer decided to leave us to sign for an absolute basket case of a club then it wouldn't exactly be a positive sign for our promotion hopes next season. 
    I actually think the opposite. If we are letting him leave then maybe we expect to sign better 
    He’s out of contract. We can’t stop him leaving. 
    Have we offered him a new contract ?
    As far as I’m aware yes.
    Then if he has and IF the rumour is correct that he is talking to Sheffield Wednesday you would need to question the blokes sanity ! why on earth would a player choose them over us ? it would be plain stupid unless there were geographical reasons as in the player is already based near there which Chucks isnt. Apart from the threat of not being paid on time what have they got to offer him ?
    If he were to go there after we'd offered him a contract, I'd presume they'd offered more money.
    Offering it and paying it are two different things.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Carlos Gomes seems really promising and if we don't get him I can already imagine a club like Brentford picking him up and selling him within 2 years for millions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSpzx8ea1r4
    This geezer looks unstoppable, why have we not signed him???
    his had a great season but i expect us to be outmuscled by teams above us and in Scotland. Has a lot of suitors, I heard recently, that he has had the most scouts watch him in the EFL over the past 18 months. Must be some talent there.
  • LordDofB said:
    How likely is it that Aneke would fail a medical at another club?       
    Or as likely he may manage to regularly play 90 mins

Players are successful in some environments and not in others. Too many variables. 
  • Interesting option... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hunt

Notice too that Sheffield Wednesday havent announced their released list either ;)
    It’ll be announced via the EFL website.  Along with reinstatement to the Championship and an apology for deducting any points from them 

Notice too that Sheffield Wednesday havent announced their released list either ;)
    They have .... 

Sheffield Wednesday – Luke Cox, Charlie Curtis, Corey Glaves, Luke Hall, Alex Hare, Ben Hughes, Calum Huxley, Charlie Reaney, Isaac Rice, Luke Yates, Joost Van Aken(Zulte Waregem)

Offered New Contracts – Josh Dawodu, Charles Hagan, Josh Render

• Josh Dawodu looked useful.

They have .... 

Sheffield Wednesday – Luke Cox, Charlie Curtis, Corey Glaves, Luke Hall, Alex Hare, Ben Hughes, Calum Huxley, Charlie Reaney, Isaac Rice, Luke Yates, Joost Van Aken(Zulte Waregem)

Bloody useless article said that they havent :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Alex Hunt a 20 year old Sheffield Wednesday midfielder is linked with us and Ipswich. 
    He's got a name, like a..............
  • Macronate said:
    Straight swap deal....Aneke and Kane is what I’m hearing.
    Whar. We get Kane for 20 minutes?
  • Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:
    How have we not had our retained and released list yet! 

The players seemingly already know!
    This does strike me as odd. Even if you’re still negotiating contracts with a few it makes no difference to announce the players that have been released 
    Either the Comms team are sitting around with the list not bothering to post it in social media because they enjoy getting hassled by fans or there is a reason Adkins, Roddy, Gallen and Sandgaard haven't given the go ahead to release for a reason.

I strongly suspect the latter.

If player A has been offered a new deal but a lower wage but has said they want to stay at a slightly higher than offered wage then Nigel might be happy with that but Roddy and Thomas need to sign it off.

If a loan player has been offered a deal and he wants to come but his current club, whose CEO is a notorious negotiator, wants more money then that too has to be signed off by Thomas.

I'm speculating but the club have said the protocol is to make one statement, not piecemeal leaks.
    all quite reasonable but don't they normally say x,y,z have been released and a,b,c have been offered new deals. Then in a few weeks we hear whether or not a,b,c have accepted those deals by either signing or not? Also, a loan player wouldn't be part of our retained list, we'd either sign him during this window as you would any signing or not.
    Agreed/

At least it would stop the moaning that we've heard nowt - at least for a week or so.
    If the club did things just to stop the supporters moaning they'd never have time to sign any players
  • edited May 2021
    Knows how to score goals at the Valley...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4yAay2fR8

• OK, now we can rename this the 'Rumours 2021' thread.

They have .... 

Erm that isn’t Sheff Wendies??!!!

• Not Charlton related but I thought this kid went to City? Watford have just signed him for £125k!!!! We can’t compete with premier league wages they’ve offered him. Would try and get him on loan. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!