Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    1) Football League World is hardly a reliable source, they’ve released plenty of insider articles that turn out to be rubbish. 

2) It’s not the end of the world if we lose Chuks to Birmingham. He’s not going to a promotion rival and it means we have to spend some money on getting a good replacement (one that can actually play a full game). 
    So, just to get this right, point 2 is supposed to be a positive is it..

We lose Chuks.....not good
    We have to spend money on a replacement.....money we could spend on another player.

Easy ain't it, lets hope that the "bargain" we pick up, should he defect to Bowyer, is able to score 15+ goals and turn games on their head as Chuks did..simple when you think of it I suppose..

• Options
    Where’s the loyalty in football 
  • Options
    It would make sense if Chucks went to Birmingham - Bowyer knows his problems, Chucks has Championship ability, Chucks will likely want Championship pay despite his problems and Chucks was apparently the only player to wish Bowyer well following his departure and for some reason his playing time seemed to drop off dramatically under Adkins.
  • Options
    Football League World isn’t a reliable source at all, I even wrote a couple of articles for them a few years ago. Any article that you write, they publish.

That being said it wouldn’t be a massive shock if Aneke were to leave really. I want him to stay because he is an absolute unit but as always when players go, we will move on.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    It would make sense if Chucks went to Birmingham - Bowyer knows his problems, Chucks has Championship ability, Chucks will likely want Championship pay despite his problems and Chucks was apparently the only player to wish Bowyer well following his departure and for some reason his playing time seemed to drop off dramatically under Adkins.
    I can see why Bowyer might want him because I’d like him to stay but I still struggle to see a chairman who isn’t familiar with Chuks being persuaded to sign a footballer that is unable to play 90 minutes of football which seems to me to be a minimum requirement. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    If he wants to go then fine, good luck to him, time to move on innit 
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
    Why "obviously"?

We don't know the state of play.

Maybe Chuks never had any intention of re-signing, maybe he wants to stay and is completing his medical as I type, maybe he's playing one club off against another to get himself the best deal, maybe he's at St Andrews holding a blue shirt.

We just don't know, it's not obvious.

People asking "can we panic now?"   Sure, go ahead but won't make any difference.

Me, I want to see some signings and the sooner the better but since I can't control that not going to get uptight about it.

WIOTOS
    Well that’s a fair point but I’m sure that the conversation Nigel had with Chuks wasn’t about Brexit. It was obviously to try and persuade Chuks that signing was the right thing. If it wasn’t that then why bother calling him in for a chat. Now Chuks might still sign which would be as far as I’m concerned a good thing but the chat didn’t send Chuks rushing to find a pen.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
    Why "obviously"?

Maybe Chuks never had any intention of re-signing, maybe he wants to stay and is completing his medical as I type, maybe he's playing one club off against another to get himself the best deal, maybe he's at St Andrews holding a blue shirt.

People asking "can we panic now?"   Sure, go ahead but won't make any difference.

Me, I want to see some signings and the sooner the better but since I can't control that not going to get uptight about it.

WIOTOS

99% of what we discuss here "won't make any difference" though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    Why "obviously"?

WIOTOS

Yes but unfortunately some people need reminding of that fact. 
  • Options
    Surely July is the month when things hot up on the signing front with loans late on, if Chucks follows LB it's a shame but good luck to him, very much can't wait to get back to the valley and get to watch the side NA puts together. 
  • Options
    Chuks will be a massive loss for us next season. You can’t replace that quality in L1 without spending a lot of money or getting lucky.

we can all moan about his injury problems but he still scored 15 goals and let’s face it if he was fit we’d be looking at a £4-5m player.

On Chuks part you can’t blame and he’s done nothing wrong and left in the right way.

Right now we are left looking significantly weaker than last season with no incomings rumoured.
  • Options
    As much as Sandgaard, Adkins and co deserve a chance to do their thing, having signed one first choice player and two aging squad players does make it hard NOT to start getting a bit twitchy.

I've no doubt that everyone is working hard but it's results that matter and I'll be happier once we see some actual signings made.
  • Options
    A striker who can play 90 mins must be better than one who can only play 50ish minutes, that is assuming he can score goals
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    As much as Sandgaard, Adkins and co deserve a chance to do their thing, having signed one first choice player and two aging squad players does make it hard NOT to start getting a bit twitchy.

I've no doubt that everyone is working hard but it's results that matter and I'll be happier once we see some actual signings made.
    Stockley is still the best deal out of all that’s happened in league one at present .. looked at the deals and not seen one that jumps out as a missed target ….. As Warnock said football wakes up July 1st .. still time to go till Aug and more time till the window shuts .
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Chuks will be a massive loss for us next season. You can’t replace that quality in L1 without spending a lot of money or getting lucky.

we can all moan about his injury problems but he still scored 15 goals and let’s face it if he was fit we’d be looking at a £4-5m player.

On Chuks part you can’t blame and he’s done nothing wrong and left in the right way.

Right now we are left looking significantly weaker than last season with no incomings rumoured.
    Clubs will be holding there cards close to there chest & we are very much doing the same it seems.

Actions speak louder than words and I would rather not hear a peep and the club just get business sorted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    edit
  • Options
    Seeing that NA said that he wanted to have most of his squad signed by the start of pre season training are we to assume that he wasn't able to sign his targets & are now looking at 2nd/3rd/4th targets ?
    Maybe he hasn't yet been able to sign them?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    Why "obviously"?

WIOTOS

Absolutely which is why I occasionally and politely suggest that we withhold judgement until there is a notification on the official site of either Charlton Athletic or another association football club
  • Options
    Seeing that NA said that he wanted to have most of his squad signed by the start of pre season training are we to assume that he wasn't able to sign his targets & are now looking at 2nd/3rd/4th targets ?
    Bugger you were quick, I edited as soon as posted
  • Options
    Bugger you were quick, I edited as soon as posted
    Too much time on my hands!
  • Options
    If Stockley had scored 12 goals in the second half of the season for Portsmouth last year and we'd signed him for a fee this season we'd be going crazy.

Its because he was here on a loan people take it for granted that he's signed. 
    If he had scored 12 in the second half of the year for us last season we probably would have been in the playoffs....

P.s I am only joking, thought he was excellent for us but he scored 8 not 12.
  • Options
    So Stockley didn't buy a house in Bexley or Chislehurst and he didn't, nor his agent, play one club off against another. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!