Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    The Championship is obviously more appealing than League 1. There are others factors such as money, club, location, playing time and club ambition. 
    I have known players choose a club in a lower league many times.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Anyone else getting a little peeved with Bowyer? Wanted Jackson at first, then got Marshall, nicked Graham, and rumour is he's now after Aneke. I know that's football, but still frustrating. 
    Peeved with Bowyer before this with his initial attitude towards the end of his tenure. 

This is part and parcel in football though and Chucks would be used in the same manner only with more money. Dont begrudge him that, see out his contract properly and done well for us. 
  • Options
    Stockley would have been my number 1 target, so just the fact he was here last season probably made it feel like a formality rather than a very good signing for many.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yes, I suppose if you feel a club is on the up in League One, it has to be more attractive than a club destined to struggle in the Championship. What it will signal, if we get those sort of players over clubs at the higher level, is that the player believes that to be the case. Stockley wasn't being chased by Championship clubs, so it could be a real positive indicator if it happens. We clearly are going to see some business done and it will come down to what it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Redhenry said:
    The Championship is obviously more appealing than League 1. There are others factors such as money, club, location, playing time and club ambition. 
    I have known players choose a club in a lower league many times.
     I agree, but those kind of players have to be assured that a path to the championship will be quick and the CAFC journey for the next few years will be a good one.
    I know nothing can be promised entirely but there is a way of projecting your ambition and making these players believe that it will tie in with theirs. It won't be cheap.

The longer we go on without securing quality linchpins into the squad the more I'll get concerned.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Been coming for a while this, think he also tried for Stockley. 
    LB would simply never do that to us. He loves us too much. You don't save someone you love and then drown them after all.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Bloody hell Bowyer, why don't you just fade away, whatever this long overdue decision by Chuks is, just GET ON WITH IT ffs, so we can get on with the important stuff that is CAFC
    CAFCOlly said:
    Anyone else getting a little peeved with Bowyer? Wanted Jackson at first, then got Marshall, nicked Graham, and rumour is he's now after Aneke. I know that's football, but still frustrating. 

Don't worry, none of them will go because Bowyer lost the dressing room and is hated  :*;)
  • Options
    Not good if Chucks goes.
  • Options
    I just wish TS hadn't said that 'we are going to blow this league out of the water' and Nigel ' that will be us next year' because they have set themselves up for a mighty fall whilst at the same time raising fans expectations. I am disappointed in our business so far because I thought they were really going to hit the ground running and make a few early signings to actually show the fans that they do mean business and to send a message to our rivals. There is a long way to go and I trust TS, NA et al to assemble a team to be fighting at the top end of the table but I am getting, like SHG, a tad twitchy.
    Maybe we're going to buy a gunship , and just line it up along the back 4 , defence sorted!
  • Options
    Not good if Chucks goes.
    Absolutely. Means we need to bring in another striker and as we all know that’s expensive and a gamble at our level. Very disappointed if he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just wish TS hadn't said that 'we are going to blow this league out of the water' and Nigel ' that will be us next year' because they have set themselves up for a mighty fall whilst at the same time raising fans expectations. I am disappointed in our business so far because I thought they were really going to hit the ground running and make a few early signings to actually show the fans that they do mean business and to send a message to our rivals. There is a long way to go and I trust TS, NA et al to assemble a team to be fighting at the top end of the table but I am getting, like SHG, a tad twitchy.
    Maybe we're going to buy a gunship , and just line it up along the back 4 , defence sorted!
    Thank god we're right next to a river then
  • Options
    Move on we are in for some good players Amos will be next then Mathew's doing his usual messing about time to move on.
  • Options
    Yeh, maybe it was more gung ho rhetoric than a statement of intent.
    Must admit I took it at face value though, and of course who's to say they won't be proved right.
    Think we will all feel more relaxed if/when we get a couple of marquee signings 

• Options
    Not good if Chucks goes.
    Absolutely. Means we need to bring in another striker and as we all know that’s expensive and a gamble at our level. Very disappointed if he goes.
    Echo that. Yes there is a fitness question mark, but he is not the sort of player we can simply replace. Get him playing more minutes and he will get 20 plus goals at our level.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off our automatic promotion year under Powell

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    Defender/Centre backMichael Morrison
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderJohnnie Jackson
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    Midfielder/ForwardScott Wagstaff
    ForwardPaul Hayes
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off the season we finished 3rd, and won the play offs..

It's 6 weeks away ffs no need to panic. 
    I miss Bowyer. Page CB, Pearce CM and Pratley down the wing, you just never knew what you were going to get. Think it was definitely his fault we lost mind, going to Sunderland and only playing with 9 is asking for trouble. 
  • Options
    I love Chuks , but would rather have Stockley playing week in, week out.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I lost count of the number of times I read on here last season, “not bothered about the playoffs, as we will romp league one next season”. That’s not to say it isn’t going to happen, but absolutely NO indication so far……
  • Options
    Please no, I find it such childish nonsense, when the majority want transfer rumours.
    If people want to make puns (fair enough), start a separate puns thread & leave this one for football rumours, thanks.
    If we left this thread purely for rumours...
    https://youtu.be/aFW6yUlgGdI
  • Options
    Chuks away.
  • Options
    I love Chuks , but would rather have Stockley playing week in, week out.
    I'd rather a full fit Chuks playing week in, week out. Shame that's unlikely to happen either by him going elsewhere or never being fit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he wants to go then fine, good luck to him, time to move on innit 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    Meh, if he stays cool, if he thinks working under a manager where his injury issues weren't managed properly is his future, then cool too, good luck if he thinks things will change the second time 
  • Options
    I agree he probably shouldn't have said that, but that's just the ambition to me and not his word, but at the same time you have to be careful about how you say things as it can get taken the wrong way.

The worry for me is that is seems that many seem to jump on everything as TS or Adkins being rubbish or worse than previous owners, like I've seen some people saying every little mistake or not even one in some cases. Not about you that is BTW. 

• Options
    UEAAddick said:
    I agree he probably shouldn't have said that, but that's just the ambition to me and not his word, but at the same time you have to be careful about how you say things as it can get taken the wrong way.

The worry for me is that is seems that many seem to jump on everything as TS or Adkins being rubbish or worse than previous owners, like I've seen some people saying every little mistake or not even one in some cases. Not about you that is BTW. 

I've got no problem being bullish and it's not like the window is closing tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Only if it's true....... 
    That’s worth remembering. Have a feeling though that Birmingham or another will announce Chuks next Thursday. I think he’s intent on departing. Whatever Nigel said to him obviously didn’t work. 
    Think this as well - not particularly bothered tbh. I also believe he was one of the few players to thank LB after Bowyer went. 
  • Options
    Massive gamble on Chuks yes he scored 15 goals but against a tired defence if he was doing it playing from the start diff story … says a lot where Birmingham are getting  injured players on a free from league one … 
  • Options
    Millwall trying to sign Daniel Ballard who was on loan at Blackpool last season

Only mention him on this thread rather than the other as he's been a name mentioned on the "desired fan list"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!