Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    NOT a rumour .. a Gills player well worth considering is Kyle Dempsey .. loads of L1 experience, age 25, not a regular scorer but chips in with a few .. a hard working tough nut who would complement Gilbey very well .. we need a LOT more dynamism in midfield
  • Options
    NOT a rumour .. a Gills player well worth considering is Kyle Dempsey .. loads of L1 experience, age 25, not a regular scorer but chips in with a few .. a hard working tough nut who would complement Gilbey very well .. we need a LOT more dynamism in midfield
    @Dazzler21 I know you're a busy man but a rumour if ever I've seen one.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Are most players contracts finished June 30th and maybe that's why we can't announce some signings? 
    It’s not a rule, plenty of deals that officially go through on 1 July get announced earlier.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Are most players contracts finished June 30th and maybe that's why we can't announce some signings? 

yes they finish at 30th June, no it doesn't stop them signing elsewhere and that club announcing it, as with Jordan Graham above.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Only if you are clutching at straws I fear!

The date is when players stop getting paid as I understand it so the window to end June is when players might choose to shop around without it costing them. Some may be more inclined to sign after this point if alternate interest / options aren't farming up and practical issues of moving home / the family etc. start to influence too.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I assume you're new on here........

No that's not the reason. All players can talk to clubs & sign a contract - it just starts on 1st July that's all.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Nixon is as reliable as the accounts run by teenagers. He just makes it up as he goes along, in his case nothing ever sticks! 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Nixon is unreal. He must just sit there making stuff up.
    He’s consistent, I’ll give him that.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Only if you are clutching at straws I fear!

The date is when players stop getting paid as I understand it so the window to end June is when players might choose to shop around without it costing them. Some may be more inclined to sign after this point if alternate interest / options aren't farming up and practical issues of moving home / the family etc. start to influence too.
    I believe players get paid up to July 31st, even though their contract ends on June 30th. 

Double bubble for some. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Nixon is unreal. He must just sit there making stuff up.

I think all journalists do that.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Chronicle Live (Sunderland) are saying we are “set to hijack” their move for Viv Solomon-Otabor.

However when you read the article, you realise that they’re putting two and two together to make five. Charlton miss out on Jordan Graham and so now they’re back in for the other bloke and somehow that means we’re “set to hijack” the bloke’s move to Sunderland.

Not sure it makes any sense but hey ho, we already saw this once with Stockley this summer. I suppose it’s the new way.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlton-set-hijack-sunderlands-viv-20892286
  • Options
    Chronicle Live (Sunderland) are saying we are “set to hijack” their move for Viv Solomon-Otabor.

However when you read the article, you realise that they’re putting two and two together to make five. Charlton miss out on Jordan Graham and so now they’re back in for the other bloke and somehow that means we’re “set to hijack” the bloke’s move to Sunderland.

Not sure it makes any sense but hey ho, we already saw this once with Stockley this summer. I suppose it’s the new way.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlton-set-hijack-sunderlands-viv-20892286
    Lazy journalism as per, "look set" aka we haven't and probably won't. Agent trying to negotiate higher wages for his client I'm guessing...
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Jordan Graham's contract with Gillingham would have ran until then though...
  • Options

It even admits its a rehash of Cawley's article that said we had missed out on Graham.

We are so lucky to have him because, as the Stockley issue highlighted, there were at least 3 other "local news" outlets rehashing his article and adding a local spin on it. 
  • Options

This bloke already said no to us in Jan because he did not want to move south … why would he change his mind now unless we offered him silly money … expect him to end up somewhere like Blackpool 

• Options
    edited June 2021
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    This is Sandgaard's first real transfer window, no unusual blocks in place. 

Shall we try being patient? A lot of players contracts with their current clubs end on 30/06, they may have ongoing negotiations themselves. 

I'd like to think we'd try and get all "free" business done before we start splashing on fees. 
    Nah we are getting our 1st choice targets first, then we will move on to the second choice ones as and when we have to.

We paid a fee for Stockley we wouldn't have for Graham (if he was indeed a 1st choice) and I assume we have now started on the 2nd choice, fee or no fee. 
    Not sure it works like that, I’m sure Gallen’s spoken before about working on multiple deals. We know we were after several wingers on deadline day in January but we were never going to get them all.
    According to Nixon the Graham deal with Birmingham is not as far progressed as suggested and that the player is still talking to other clubs, and that includes us.
    Nothing wrong with that quote apart from the first three words..., if it was Cawley...
    And he didn't specify us. 
    The article I saw it was in the headlines and in the body of the story.
    I was going off this

He is as accurate as ever......
    Ps. Don't waste time trying to press play it is a screen shot not a video.
    Fuck Bowyer!
    Yep, probably sat at home having a little giggle,....just no getting away from him is there
  • Options

is it really that difficult to comprehend?

PLAYERS CONTRACTS EXPIRE AT THE END OF JUNE BUT THAT DOES NOT STOP THEM SIGNING CONTRACTS AT OTHER CLUBS COMMENCING 1ST JULY AND THOSE CLUBS ANNOUNCING THEM AS SIGNINGS.

WhAt AbOuT tHe WiNdOw!!!!!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You never know, there may be a few who turn up for training today who are thinking about signing and could sign later today/tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of players interested in coming to us with adkins and sandgaard at the helm. Let's wait until a week before the season starts before we panic
     So we are then unprepared for the first game. Makes sense. 
    I wager a lot of money we will have a bigger and better squad when we line up against the massive than we did when we played Sunderland at the stadium of light, you know when we got promoted!!  We won't have to play a player signed 48 hours before and a bench of 3 kids. 

It's about 6 weeks away, any loans or bought players will have done preseason at their current clubs.

We are currently 9 players down, 10 if you include JFC.  I suspect we will sign 2 or 3 after the massive game.  7 or 8 over 6 weeks doesn't sound excessive.   The Celtic game is 2 and a half weeks away, I fully expect 3 or 4 new players by then. 
    We had Taylor, Grant and Vetokele, Aribo Sarr , Philips, Dijksteel, Bauer, Purrington a younger Pierce and Bielik plus Cullen were in or coming in. Now I wager these players are a fitter and better than the current squad and you have to go some to beat it . 
    How many league games had Phillips and Dijksteel played before the season started?  We didn't have Cullen and Bielik at the start of the season, which is my point.

We didn't sign Purrington until January.

So we had Taylor, Grant, Igor, Aribo, Sarr, Bauer, Pearce and Solly and a load of kids. Oh and Page.

Like I said I will wager we will have a bigger and better squad in 6 weeks than we did then. 
    Dijksteel and Philips were ready. There are no yoof coming thro like that and they played at Sunderland or were in the squad. Page was in the team for over 2 months so oh and Page is you being sarcastic I take it. So we had a complete  defence , a useful attack and Pratley plus Lapslie.  That still seems stronger to me than now. 
    We signed Pratley 48 hours before kick off, with no preseason.  If Dijksteel and Philips were so ready why did we sign Steer and play crocked Solly?

No one is talking about now, we are talking about 6 weeks time?  Pray tell me who we are playing now?  What times kick off as you seem to be the only person aware of said fixture. 

FFS I give up. 
    For a squad, so you don't think they were? Even though Dijksteel ended the season first choice and got a transfer? Phillips was one of our best players in the second half of the season even accounting for 'that' mistake. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You never know, there may be a few who turn up for training today who are thinking about signing and could sign later today/tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of players interested in coming to us with adkins and sandgaard at the helm. Let's wait until a week before the season starts before we panic
    I wager a lot of money we will have a bigger and better squad when we line up against the massive than we did when we played Sunderland at the stadium of light, you know when we got promoted!!  We won't have to play a player signed 48 hours before and a bench of 3 kids. 

It's about 6 weeks away, any loans or bought players will have done preseason at their current clubs.

We are currently 9 players down, 10 if you include JFC.  I suspect we will sign 2 or 3 after the massive game.  7 or 8 over 6 weeks doesn't sound excessive.   The Celtic game is 2 and a half weeks away, I fully expect 3 or 4 new players by then. 
    We had Taylor, Grant and Vetokele, Aribo Sarr , Philips, Dijksteel, Bauer, Purrington a younger Pierce and Bielik plus Cullen were in or coming in. Now I wager these players are a fitter and better than the current squad and you have to go some to beat it . 
    How many league games had Phillips and Dijksteel played before the season started?  We didn't have Cullen and Bielik at the start of the season, which is my point.

So we had Taylor, Grant, Igor, Aribo, Sarr, Bauer, Pearce and Solly and a load of kids. Oh and Page.

Like I said I will wager we will have a bigger and better squad in 6 weeks than we did then. 
    Dijksteel and Philips were ready. There are no yoof coming thro like that and they played at Sunderland or were in the squad. Page was in the team for over 2 months so oh and Page is you being sarcastic I take it. So we had a complete  defence , a useful attack and Pratley plus Lapslie.  That still seems stronger to me than now. 
    We signed Pratley 48 hours before kick off, with no preseason.  If Dijksteel and Philips were so ready why did we sign Steer and play crocked Solly?

No one is talking about now, we are talking about 6 weeks time?  Pray tell me who we are playing now?  What times kick off as you seem to be the only person aware of said fixture. 

FFS I give up. 
    For a squad, so you don't think they were? Even though Dijksteel ended the season first choice and got a transfer? Phillips was one of our best players in the second half of the season even accounting for 'that' mistake. 
    Yeah can't compare the player they were at the end of the season to the one that was here 6 weeks before it started, which is what 1956 is trying to do.

It might be true that someone like Mingi or Henry or Claydon is 1st choice come May, if we started the season with them as 1st choice there would be some serious bed wetting. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

FFS I give up. 
    Yeah can't compare the player they were at the end of the season to the one that was here 6 weeks before it started, which is what 1956 is trying to do.

It might be true that someone like Mingi or Henry or Claydon is 1st choice come May, if we started the season with them as 1st choice there would be some serious bed wetting. 
    Fair point but don't think they are true comparisons.  Many people were calling for Phillips to be first choice and it was obvious he was ready, it's not like he got the chance to have the odd 15-20 minutes before he was starting regularly. Dijksteel was already a member of the first team squad too before the season started. 
  • Options
    If anyone's interested in the HAWALILI ad that keeps coming up, at least it does for me, don't fall for it, it's a rubbish Chinese store that doesn't ship what you order.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

FFS I give up. 

Fair point but don't think they are true comparisons.  Many people were calling for Phillips to be first choice and it was obvious he was ready, it's not like he got the chance to have the odd 15-20 minutes before he was starting regularly. Dijksteel was already a member of the first team squad too before the season started. 
    I would say Phillips is a very good comparison with AMB now.  Many people are calling for him now, or were during the season. 
  • Options
    If anyone's interested in the HAWALILI ad that keeps coming up, at least it does for me, don't fall for it, it's a rubbish Chinese store that doesn't ship what you order.
    It does, but not until 1st July. It's a contract thing. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!