Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Confirmation Lyle is coming back... Nigel wants more pupils and Lyle struggled at big school...
  • Options
    Very clever clue from Nigel there about who were targeting.

More pupils

Pupils are part of your eye

Aye is a term often used in the navy

Royal navy's home is Plymouth.

Expect a signing from Argyle anytime soon (soon = next six months)
    And videos are taken using a camera.

Announce Panutche Camara.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Nigel said he wanted his squad assembled before pre-season started and we haven't signed one new player. Not complaining, just stating the fact.
    Nor have any other of the so called big clubs … this in modern day football the whole transfer situation changed the moment they gave the power to the players and agents .. it’s them now who dictate transfers not the clubs ….. we have made offers to players some we are still waiting on, one decided to join championship club that happens .. the market we are shopping in this window we are up against higher clubs … one player we offered on we are up against Celtic and Rangers to name a few …. But would rather we shopped at this level then bring in players who career are all but over or players who have hardly kicked a ball but we’re good players 5 years ago just to please the fans .. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

@Henry Irving Try telling that to someone from Portsmouth…

Interestingly Plymouth sailors refer to Portsmouth as ‘dog shit city’.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Very clever clue from Nigel there about who were targeting.

More pupils

Pupils are part of your eye

Aye is a term often used in the navy

And videos are taken using a camera.

Announce Panutche Camara.
    How did I miss that?

Nigel's clues are, well, brilliant.
  • Options
    I think it is fair to say we have in NO way improved so far this transfer window. At best we have re-signed a couple of people and maybe brought in a couple of marginal people not wanted by their previous clubs. Unless all TS wants is a possible playoff crap-shoot next year (at best), we will need to start doing some serious business with some serious EPL players soon or it's gonna be another season just like the last one. I don't know about you but I am not interested in repeating that again.
    I agree with you, but we’re just getting going, and Rich Cawley said we have or are after players that clubs in the Champ are also interested in, so I take that as a good sign.  

Of the 3 that have signed/re-signed, Stockley is a great bit of business as we would’ve been very disappointed if he had gone to a rival, and there aren’t that many forwards like him available.  Watson/Pearce are completely irrelevant for me personally.  I’d have preferred their places in the squad to go to other players, even if they are going to be bit part players.  Of course, I understood why we re-signed them, but personally, I wouldn’t have kept either on 

I think we will get some more new faces in.  We need to.  Reassembling the squad that huffed and puffed to 7th plus one or two more won’t be enough.  

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Nigel said he wanted his squad assembled before pre-season started and we haven't signed one new player. Not complaining, just stating the fact.
    Exactly this.
    We certainly need to get some players in for pre season training. 
    If you bring players in late they are playing catch up. 
    Hemed was a prime example. 
    I'm not panicking yet but I would hope to see a few in soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You never know, there may be a few who turn up for training today who are thinking about signing and could sign later today/tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of players interested in coming to us with adkins and sandgaard at the helm. Let's wait until a week before the season starts before we panic
  • Options
    I have no inside information, and perhaps I am looking through “Rose Tinted glasses” but I think Nigel is keeping his cards close to his chest.

After his comments following the Hull City match, I am sure that he has a couple of decent signings lined up. If he hasn’t then the statement that he made was a strange thing to say.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the announcement that is going to excite us all.

• Options
    You never know, there may be a few who turn up for training today who are thinking about signing and could sign later today/tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of players interested in coming to us with adkins and sandgaard at the helm. Let's wait until a week before the season starts before we panic
    Are you grasping those straws hard enough  :)
  • Options
    Also, not having too many new faces for the first week, will give Adkins a bit of time to focus on the fringe players like Davisson/Schwatrz etc and the u23s like Henry and Santos who may well be in his plans or certainly could force their way into his plans. I'm sure everything will fall in place at the right time and the squad we have enough time to gel. It will be important to get a few of the more important players in before the training camp so that they can bond and I'm sure that is when they will aim to have things sorted as best as possible
  • Options
    TBF it must be a nightmare trying to recruit at the moment. Lots of clubs are trying to get pretty much the same group of players, until the out of contract players either sign or walk how do you know what positions you are needing to recruit for ?
    Players will come in but unfortunately I think it will be pretty late on before that happens and the standard of them will depend on how the recruitment team can "sell" the dream to their target players, fail to do so and then the 2nd and 3rd choice targets will come in I guess
  • Options
    Not saying he is coming to us but it is weird that Piggott hasnt been announced by someone yet imo. Unless he has and I have missed it
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Confirmation Lyle is coming back... Nigel wants more pupils and Lyle struggled at big school...
    Adkins is the Child Catcher...
  • Options
    Adam Matthews to Millwall? Surely not! Wonder if we are interested in Romeo? (Gossip from Millwall fan-site.)

Did you know that Romeos dad is Jazzy B of Soul ll Soul
  • Options
    Didn't someone say he expected 1/2 this week and would be disappointed if it didn't happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Didn't someone say he expected 1/2 this week and would be disappointed if it didn't happen?
    The problem was it was Pearce and Watson and he actually said "You'll all be disappointed when it happens" ;)
  • Options
    The way I see it is we are clearly going to bring players in and that is when we will see the quality. I would imagine it is reasonable, as Cawley alluded to, that getting the better players is a more time consuming process so that must be what we are trying to do. Whether we do it well or not is yet to be seen. If something is difficult, there has to be a chance it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I suppose one might have been Jordan Graham who we've lost out on to Birmingham
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It isn't too late to be prepared for the first game. Granted, there isn't loads of time. I suspect the period between now and the end of next week will be busy.
  • Options
     So we are then unprepared for the first game. Makes sense. 
    I wager a lot of money we will have a bigger and better squad when we line up against the massive than we did when we played Sunderland at the stadium of light, you know when we got promoted!!  We won't have to play a player signed 48 hours before and a bench of 3 kids. 

It's about 6 weeks away, any loans or bought players will have done preseason at their current clubs.

We are currently 9 players down, 10 if you include JFC.  I suspect we will sign 2 or 3 after the massive game.  7 or 8 over 6 weeks doesn't sound excessive.   The Celtic game is 2 and a half weeks away, I fully expect 3 or 4 new players by then. 
  • Options
    It does help having a good pre-season though.

You need players in for the trip to bond and and obviously to get familiar on the pitch. One of the major failings was it all happened so late and now looking at the fixture list we have hard first month. Crucial we get signings in the building in the next two weeks.

From my semi-pro days pre-season is HUGE so can only be more so the higher up the pyramid you go.
  • Options
    I think it is fair to say we have in NO way improved so far this transfer window. At best we have re-signed a couple of people and maybe brought in a couple of marginal people not wanted by their previous clubs. Unless all TS wants is a possible playoff crap-shoot next year (at best), we will need to start doing some serious business with some serious EPL players soon or it's gonna be another season just like the last one. I don't know about you but I am not interested in repeating that again.
    Not yet we haven't.

I believe we are trying as Cawley has informed we're aiming high and missing out to Championship clubs so far. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!