Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Chronicle Live (Sunderland) are saying we are “set to hijack” their move for Viv Solomon-Otabor.

However when you read the article, you realise that they’re putting two and two together to make five. Charlton miss out on Jordan Graham and so now they’re back in for the other bloke and somehow that means we’re “set to hijack” the bloke’s move to Sunderland.

Not sure it makes any sense but hey ho, we already saw this once with Stockley this summer. I suppose it’s the new way.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlton-set-hijack-sunderlands-viv-20892286
    This bloke already said no to us in Jan because he did not want to move south … why would he change his mind now unless we offered him silly money … expect him to end up somewhere like Blackpool 

Yes but to be fair a lot of footballers like Stephens and Maddison, for example, don't know their norths from their souths!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we get back to rumours?
    There ain't none. 
    Just sit back and enjoy the pathetic arguing 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Adam Matthews to Millwall? Surely not! Wonder if we are interested in Romeo? (Gossip from Millwall fan-site.)

I heard Romeo has gone missing.

Romeo Romeo where art thou Romeo.

For all those lovers of crap 80's music - Wheres Romeo?

That's one haircut I'm glad I never had.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Adam Matthews to Millwall? Surely not! Wonder if we are interested in Romeo? (Gossip from Millwall fan-site.)

I heard Romeo has gone missing.

Romeo Romeo where art thou Romeo.

For all those lovers of crap 80's music - Wheres Romeo?

That's one haircut I'm glad I never had.
     Kajagoogoo's younger brothers
  • Options
    Some years rumour threads are like crack cocaine or one armed bandits in the bookies - you keep checking even if you try not to. This years rumours thread is like chalk dust or the national lottery that rarely pays out.
  • Options
    Joe Morrell any body.
  • Options
    Addicks59 said:
    Joe Morrell any body.
    Would be lovely.  Ipswich and Lincoln interested I think. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    As the cricket is having a rain break, thought I'd check our current squad on the OS. Everyone is still here :)

• Options
    Yeah they would be as still under contact until 30th June. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Chunes said:
    Nixon is unreal. He must just sit there making stuff up.
    He’s consistent, I’ll give him that.
    I do wonder if he’s Jim whites alter ego.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Joe Morrell any body.
    Don't worry Gallen is still.on his really long flight to Baku.
    Bloody hell, he’s taken so long he’ll have to divert to Amsterdam for Saturday’s game! 
  • Options
    I think they’ll be a few rumours doing the rounds tomorrow and over the weekend, agents putting out stories.

Give it a week and out of contract players will be itching to find a club if they’ve got no income coming in.
  • Options
    I don’t have the time to plough through this thread for the occasional bit of real rumour. Please, please @aliwibble, can you do a bite size?? 
    Sorry Weegie, I don't normally read the rumours thread, so you're going to need someone who's actually been wading through it to do one for you.
  • Options
    194 pages and not a single rumour (hope that helps).
  • Options
    I just realised why we haven’t had any proper rumours in a while………

Maybe if we all start the fish puns……..
  • Options
    Please no, I find it such childish nonsense, when the majority want transfer rumours.
    If people want to make puns (fair enough), start a separate puns thread & leave this one for football rumours, thanks.
    Oh dear @Covered End that’s a red rag to a bull… … shark 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just realised why we haven’t had any proper rumours in a while………

Maybe if we all start the fish puns……..
    You need kelp
  • Options
    I think it is fair to say we have in NO way improved so far this transfer window. At best we have re-signed a couple of people and maybe brought in a couple of marginal people not wanted by their previous clubs. Unless all TS wants is a possible playoff crap-shoot next year (at best), we will need to start doing some serious business with some serious EPL players soon or it's gonna be another season just like the last one. I don't know about you but I am not interested in repeating that again.
    I don’t know in what world we’ll be signing ‘serious EPL’ players in league 1… 
    Whoops. Meant EFL players. My bad. :D
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I can guarantee our squad will be far better prepared than Wednesday.

They are in a right mess, players desperate to leave and wages cut back across their squad to a max of £5k a week from the EFL.
    Is that much of a restriction? 5k a week must be at the very top end of salaries for league one.
  • Options
    I think they’ll be a few rumours doing the rounds tomorrow and over the weekend, agents putting out stories.

Give it a week and out of contract players will be itching to find a club if they’ve got no income coming in.
    Neil Warnock said that football comes alive in first week of July with contracts over and more important players and agents back in the country and you can actually speak to people … 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

They are in a right mess, players desperate to leave and wages cut back across their squad to a max of £5k a week from the EFL.
    Is that much of a restriction? 5k a week must be at the very top end of salaries for league one.
    It is if you are paying 20k a week
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Addickted said:

Probably already been said but don’t Wednesday have a transfer embargo?!
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    cafc999 said:
    Addickted said:

Yes but most of the current squad are on high wages
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    cafc999 said:
    Addickted said:

Only on the rare occasions they get paid.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    cafc999 said:
    Addickted said:

Only on the rare occasions they get paid.
    True
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!