Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Addickted said:
    I can guarantee our squad will be far better prepared than Wednesday.

They are in a right mess, players desperate to leave and wages cut back across their squad to a max of £5k a week from the EFL.
    Is that much of a restriction? 5k a week must be at the very top end of salaries for league one.
    It is if you are paying 20k a week
    Surely it only applies to new signings though? In which case 5k a week in league one is more than enough.

If someone is already at Wednesday and contracted on 20k a week, how can the EFL suddenly tell him, 'sorry we know you have a contract but they can only pay you 5k'. 
  • Options
    I agree, there’s a plaice for fish puns and it’s not on this thread.
    I hadn't realised the Scale of the problem.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I agree, there’s a plaice for fish puns and it’s not on this thread.
    I hadn't realised the Scale of the problem.
    Don't take the bait
  • Options
    Only news getting revealed is us missing out on players 
  • Options
    Only news getting revealed is us missing out on players 

Wouldn’t read into that, if we wanna sign a right back for example, you’d likely have a list of about 5 targets and would ultimately miss out on 4.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Come on lads, cheer up, we've just signed Ben Watson for another year

So... Every cloud........
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Again I repeat none of our so called rivals have made signings yet, apart from Ipswich and Wigan which I’m guessing non were our targets. It’s dead at the moment across the board!

The Euros have had an effect as prem clubs wont let younger players go out on loan yet and that’s had an effect on the champ teams letting players go  and then league 1. A lot of free agents are weighing up offers and hoping to get a move to the champ. We’re obsessed with getting everyone in before pre season, like Powell 10 years ago, we live in different times now and even NA has admitted that isn’t going to happen. 

Sit back enjoy the Euros and relax. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Christ, this thread is depressing - bring back the fish puns.
  • Options

Christ, this thread is depressing - bring back the fish puns.
    Dont worry Mickey, the article could just be a Red herring.....
  • Options
    I just wish TS hadn't said that 'we are going to blow this league out of the water' and Nigel ' that will be us next year' because they have set themselves up for a mighty fall whilst at the same time raising fans expectations. I am disappointed in our business so far because I thought they were really going to hit the ground running and make a few early signings to actually show the fans that they do mean business and to send a message to our rivals. There is a long way to go and I trust TS, NA et al to assemble a team to be fighting at the top end of the table but I am getting, like SHG, a tad twitchy.
    These statements were made during interviews with just the club's media, not to the nationwide media. They are motivators and I am not holding them to account for making those comments.

I would still have preferred to have heard NA say what he did, than slag every player off and have pointed to Hull saying "That should have been us this season if they just listened to me". Somwhere in the middle would just be too boring and unCharlton like :-)

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Bloody hell Bowyer, why don't you just fade away, whatever this long overdue decision by Chuks is, just GET ON WITH IT ffs, so we can get on with the important stuff that is CAFC
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Anyone else getting a little peeved with Bowyer? Wanted Jackson at first, then got Marshall, nicked Graham, and rumour is he's now after Aneke. I know that's football, but still frustrating. 
  • Options
    Can we panic now?
  • Options
    Chucks, good luck with the training under Bowyer. He should finish your career once and for all in a couple of months. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Again I repeat none of our so called rivals have made signings yet, apart from Ipswich and Wigan which I’m guessing non were our targets. It’s dead at the moment across the board!

The Euros have had an effect as prem clubs wont let younger players go out on loan yet and that’s had an effect on the champ teams letting players go  and then league 1. lot of free agents are weighing up offers and hoping to get a move to the champ. We’re obsessed with getting everyone in before pre season, like Powell 10 years ago, we live in different times now and even NA has admitted that isn’t going to happen. 

Sit back enjoy the Euros until 7pm on Tuesday and relax. 
    Edited for you
    Haha cheers mate, that sounds about right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off our automatic promotion year under Powell

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    Defender/Centre backMichael Morrison
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderJohnnie Jackson
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    Midfielder/ForwardScott Wagstaff
    ForwardPaul Hayes
  • Options
    Been coming for a while this, think he also tried for Stockley. 
  • Options
    Is that a clickbait site?

• Options
    A sound way of doing business is to do it quietly. Agents may wish to scupper that in the hope of getting a better offer, but I think it is reasonable to expect we are working on deals and we probably have to make our judgements on them when they happen.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

The Euros have had an effect as prem clubs wont let younger players go out on loan yet and that’s had an effect on the champ teams letting players go  and then league 1. A lot of free agents are weighing up offers and hoping to get a move to the champ. We’re obsessed with getting everyone in before pre season, like Powell 10 years ago, we live in different times now and even NA has admitted that isn’t going to happen. 

Sit back enjoy the Euros and relax. 

It's really not that dead at the moment lots of signings happening in League One

My worry is that we are going for these better quality signings but seem to be missing out on them. If you believe the rumours of Jordan Graham, Randell Williams. Every player will make a run for the gravy train of the Championship over us where you can earn double and play a higher level.

So what happens when we miss all our first choice targets, the next tier will all have been signed by the likes of Wigan, Ipswich, Donny, Burton etc. while we've been waiting.

I worried we are going to aim for the moon and end up in Croydon :)
  • Options
    1) Football League World is hardly a reliable source, they’ve released plenty of insider articles that turn out to be rubbish. 

2) It’s not the end of the world if we lose Chuks to Birmingham. He’s not going to a promotion rival and it means we have to spend some money on getting a good replacement (one that can actually play a full game). 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off our automatic promotion year under Powell

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    ForwardPaul Hayes
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off the season we finished 3rd, and won the play offs..

It's 6 weeks away ffs no need to panic. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:

GoalkeeperRob Elliot
    DefenderChris Solly
    DefenderMatt Taylor
    MidfielderDanny Hollands
    MidfielderDale Stephens
    ForwardPaul Hayes
    Just another reminder of the team that kicked off the season we finished 3rd, and won the play offs..

It's 6 weeks away ffs no need to panic. 
    Oh Darren Pratley, runs down the wing for me...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!