Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I think it is pretty remarkable how little movement there has been throughout the leagues so far this season. People are rightly calling out a move here and there, but appears to me that most professional clubs across the land and in exactly the same boat, or worse, some haven’t even sorted their manager out despite the formers having left at the end of last season.

Strange times, but remain excited by the prospect of signing 4-5 much better quality players to compliment the likes of DJ, Shockley, Inniss, Gilbey, Washington, Morgan etc (small etc…)
  • Options
    I can guarantee our squad will be far better prepared than Wednesday.

They are in a right mess, players desperate to leave and wages cut back across their squad to a max of £5k a week from the EFL.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It does help having a good pre-season though.

You need players in for the trip to bond and and obviously to get familiar on the pitch. One of the major failings was it all happened so late and now looking at the fixture list we have hard first month. Crucial we get signings in the building in the next two weeks.

From my semi-pro days pre-season is HUGE so can only be more so the higher up the pyramid you go.
    Of course it helps but we aren't miles behind everyone else if you look at the team that beat Hull and Lincoln more than half of the match day squad are here already.

The team we have now is better than the one that lost to Lincoln and that was 3 or 4 games in.

20 more goals, 20 less conceded 20 more points.  Worry not :-) 
  • Options
    Aim high and if nothing materialises, bring back BOGLE. 

You know you want to see it!!
  • Options
    can't say I'd be impressed with half a player …..
    That's because our next new signing may be only half the player people think he is.

Prepare to be merely ...... whelmed. :smile:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Looking at the signings so far this week like Ryan Wintle to Cardiff and Jordan Graham to Blues, Randell Williams to Hull and what we could be seeing is the affects of COVID and Brexit.

A summer where hard up Championship club now can't afford to look up the leagues for Prem offcuts and can't grab a EU bargain with the visa rules. So now they are having to look closer to home and pick up the best in the EFL. That heightened competition and wages on offer could be big factor as to why the likes of Chuk's feel they have a better chance of getting a Champ club and is also why we aren't getting the signings we want such as Graham.

Of course it could also be that we aren't offering enough money etc. but who knows. Either way feels like a tough old summer coming up that will see a couple of good signings and a squad flooded with loans again. 
    It could just be that ambitious players that played League One last year, may fancy a crack at the Championship now - rather than sign for another League One club.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This is Sandgaard's first real transfer window, no unusual blocks in place. 

Shall we try being patient? A lot of players contracts with their current clubs end on 30/06, they may have ongoing negotiations themselves. 

I'd like to think we'd try and get all "free" business done before we start splashing on fees. 
    Nah we are getting our 1st choice targets first, then we will move on to the second choice ones as and when we have to.

We paid a fee for Stockley we wouldn't have for Graham (if he was indeed a 1st choice) and I assume we have now started on the 2nd choice, fee or no fee. 
  • Options
    Adam Matthews to Millwall? Surely not! Wonder if we are interested in Romeo? (Gossip from Millwall fan-site.)

I heard Romeo has gone missing.

Romeo Romeo where art thou Romeo.

For all those lovers of crap 80's music - Wheres Romeo?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is pretty remarkable how little movement there has been throughout the leagues so far this season. People are rightly calling out a move here and there, but appears to me that most professional clubs across the land and in exactly the same boat, or worse, some haven’t even sorted their manager out despite the formers having left at the end of last season.

Strange times, but remain excited by the prospect of signing 4-5 much better quality players to compliment the likes of DJ, Shockley, Inniss, Gilbey, Washington, Morgan etc (small etc…)
    Hope he ends up with the nickname Shockley in a good way
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    can't say I'd be impressed with half a player …..
    Obviously hoping to announce Chuks given his minutes on the pitch. 
  • Options
    You never know, there may be a few who turn up for training today who are thinking about signing and could sign later today/tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of players interested in coming to us with adkins and sandgaard at the helm. Let's wait until a week before the season starts before we panic
    If you don't mind I'm going into pre-panic fretting mode  ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Shall we try being patient? A lot of players contracts with their current clubs end on 30/06, they may have ongoing negotiations themselves. 

I'd like to think we'd try and get all "free" business done before we start splashing on fees. 
    Nah we are getting our 1st choice targets first, then we will move on to the second choice ones as and when we have to.

We paid a fee for Stockley we wouldn't have for Graham (if he was indeed a 1st choice) and I assume we have now started on the 2nd choice, fee or no fee. 
    Not sure it works like that, I’m sure Gallen’s spoken before about working on multiple deals. We know we were after several wingers on deadline day in January but we were never going to get them all.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure it works like that, I’m sure Gallen’s spoken before about working on multiple deals. We know we were after several wingers on deadline day in January but we were never going to get them all.
    Yeah the closer you get, especially when you need 2 in the same position you have to try for 4 and hope you get 2 type thing.

We won't be trying to sign 4 center backs now, we maybe talking to more than 2 but not in the sense we will have the first 2 that get done. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I think it is fair to say we have in NO way improved so far this transfer window. At best we have re-signed a couple of people and maybe brought in a couple of marginal people not wanted by their previous clubs. Unless all TS wants is a possible playoff crap-shoot next year (at best), we will need to start doing some serious business with some serious EPL players soon or it's gonna be another season just like the last one. I don't know about you but I am not interested in repeating that again.
    I regret we will not be signing any serious EPL players.
    We may pick up a couple of EPL youngsters on loan as the window is about to close.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

According to Nixon the Graham deal with Birmingham is not as far progressed as suggested and that the player is still talking to other clubs, and that includes us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

According to Nixon the Graham deal with Birmingham is not as far progressed as suggested and that the player is still talking to other clubs, and that includes us.
    Nothing wrong with that quote apart from the first three words..., if it was Cawley...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Nothing wrong with that quote apart from the first three words..., if it was Cawley...
    And he didn't specify us. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

The article I saw it was in the headlines and in the body of the story.
  • Options
    The players have almost got a coach each atm with Adkins, Jackson, Euell, Keeper coach, Pearce and Basey? won't be doing Watson any favours if they've drafted a load of youngsters in to boost the numbers - 'Hurry up Ben, the ice bath's nearly melted'     
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

The article I saw it was in the headlines and in the body of the story.
    I was going off this

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The players have almost got a coach each atm with Adkins, Jackson, Euell, Keeper coach, Pearce and Basey? won't be doing Watson any favours if they've drafted a load of youngsters in to boost the numbers - 'Hurry up Ben, the ice bath's nearly melted'     
    Pearce coaching contract don’t start till end of this new season and even then if he don’t sign another 12 months playing contract ….
  • Options
    Are most players contracts finished June 30th and maybe that's why we can't announce some signings? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!