Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Brown used to live in Orpington...so should have no issue settling in to the area.

Ever present in the Pompey first 11 over the last two seasons.
    At 31 and coming from Orpington, something tells me there may be more in this deal for Lee, than what there is for the Club
    I'm 41 and from orpington and will watch with interest as this unfolds.

I feel a bond with him already. Like a mentor to him almost.
    If he turns out half the man you are Rodders, he'll be a fuckin Charlton legend  ;)
    Ha ha thanks mate! :-)
    You any good at LB?
    Lee Brown?
  • Rylo said:
    We’re going to have a full blown meltdown here soon aren’t we…
    Yep. And fully justified
    Can’t disagree. 
  • Rylo said:
    From the same old boring doom mongers . 
    Can’t disagree.
  • Valley11 said:
    Chill. Things are happening. We can expect Brown & the Morecambe CB to be announced shortly (even if just after the window). Then any loans (I.e. a striker) after that would give us a full squad.
    Have loans got to be completed by 11?
    Yes
  • Rylo said:
    Yep. And fully justified
    Might want to leave it a few hours...

If nothing is announced by 11pm it doesnt instantly mean that no one else is joining
  • QPR just brought in striker from Watford so expect them to release the striker to us on loan 
    Only a few hours behind mate😂🤦🏻‍♂️ Bless ya
  • QPR just brought in striker from Watford so expect them to release the striker to us on loan 
    Kelman's gone to Gillingham, keep up.
  • We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Deals can go past the deadline as long paper work is submitted? Guessing that’ll be the main focus. 
  • Still got (blind?) faith that we’ll pull something out the bag.
    The one that’s signed for Gillingham?
  • Rylo said:
    If you miss question marks off the end of posts that pose questions, I would expect so.
  • If he's good, i don't care that he's 31, we need a left back for now, not for 4 year's time.
    I think what some people are saying is that the mantra for the past 3 months is that we were going to lower the age of the squad & had (before this week) been buying players that were aged under 25. Then, over the past few days, we have suddenly gone to signing 2 players aged 31. 
    It's not as if our existing squad is that young anyway. Gunter, Matthews, Watson, Washington and Stockley are all experienced pros who've played regularly, plus we have Gilbey, JFC and Pearce as well.
  • Rylo said:
    I'm just repeating what I've been saying for months.....and sadly I've been proved right.

Just waiting for the glass half full / rose tinted glasses brigade to reassure me its all ok, that they are happy & that we will be signing a few out of contract players later this week. 
  • Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Priceless
  • Typical Charlton window.
  • Will all of you have a drink and just relax until the dust has fully settled? We know stuff is going on, we aren't short or rumors, just be patient, you're doing my head in
  • Sponsored links:

• The same old boring doom mongers who called this weeks ago and were shot down for being negative rather than saying it how it is.

We have 25 minutes to bring in 3 top league one players. A left back (well any left back), a striker who’s name isn’t Jayden Stockley or we are fucked if he gets injured, and a right sided centre back cos Inniss is more injury prone than Jack Wilshere and Danny Haynes’ love child.
  • We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
    Pretty much. If we don't take 5 loans then we are putting a lot of trust in our youngsters in this league.

• We've all been here before...11pm deadline and paperwork deadline. It should never have got to this to make a squad. Maybe to have added some extras.
  • If the deal sheets are in by midnight, you can complete tomorrow 
  • edited August 2021
    In its current state the quality of the Squad is questionable. The depth of it is criminal!
  • Rylo said:
    I'm just repeating what I've been saying for months.....and sadly I've been proved right.

Just waiting for the glass half full / rose tinted glasses brigade to reassure me its all ok, that they are happy & that we will be signing a few out of contract players later this week. 
    Has anyone said that they're happy yet? - Lot of words being put in mouths at present.

Lets at least calm down till tomorrow
  • edited August 2021
    Rylo said:
    If you miss question marks off the end of posts that pose questions, I would expect so.
    Can’t disagree.
    He will be the one we wrote off on here as not good enough so he joined Gillingham instead.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Will all of you have a drink and just relax until the dust has fully settled? We know stuff is going on, we aren't short or rumors, just be patient, you're doing my head in
    You realise there is 24mins left 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!