Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
  • QPR just brought in striker from Watford so expect them to release the striker to us on loan 
    FFS! 
  • Sounds like Lavelle done.

• No surprise there... Expected the deal sheet to go to the EFL a while ago in case of any delays due to the distance between player and us
  • Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Will all of you have a drink and just relax until the dust has fully settled? We know stuff is going on, we aren't short or rumors, just be patient, you're doing my head in
    You realise there is 24mins left 
    How do you know something hasn't been complete for an hour and we are waiting for photos and all that before we announce? Until the club, Rich, or anyone of note says this is it, there's no reason to say that today was a failure. Until I hear otherwise, I remain optimisitic
    Have you supported Charlton long ?
    Give me another 20 years, I'm sure I'll be a miserable sod by that point
    I was there by the age of 15.
  • We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
    Pretty much. If we don't take 5 loans then we are putting a lot of trust in our youngsters in this league.

Elerewe is the only youth player close to the level needed for the first team squad just now.
  • LB ST and im a v happy man!
  • TeeC said:
    ‘Cant believe we’re doing business this late’ - what you mean like every other club in the country?
    Outrageous question. It’s common knowledge that the other 91 league clubs finished there signings weeks ago. Only us that are shopping in bargain bins tonight 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    Most of our business but desperately need a LB, another striker and CH cover. Can’t see all three happening tonight. But hey ho we will pick up an out of contract LB next Wednesday, who hasn’t trained properly all pre season who should be ready by early November.
  • I think club recruitment teams must be adrenaline/stress junkies. Watching Sky Sports, we are not alone, all they keep on banging on about is how many last minute deals/moves are still going through with 18 mins of the window remaining. Now want a LB beyond all else like many others. A huge accident waiting to happen and Roddy again proved he is a Passback rather than Fullback tonight, so is categorically not a viable option if Purrington and Matthews are both injured (ie Gunter moves back to his natural position).
  • I’d like to go to bed now. It’s very late.
    Nite Nite sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite...oh, and don't forget to brush your teeth.. B)
  • Cawley is still working.
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

But apart from that everything's peachy.
    5 or 6, give over
    He’s not wrong. Have you seen our squad? So short in most departments. 
  • Lots of players still to be announced; Dale, Grigg, Eaves.

Expect atleast two of them to go somewhere this eve (even if not announced until past midnight).
  • I think club recruitment teams must be adrenaline/stress junkies. Watching Sky Sports, we are not alone, all they keep on banging on about is how many last minute deals/moves are still going through with 18 mins of the window remaining. Now want a LB beyond all else like many others. A huge accident waiting to happen and Roddy again proved he is a Passback rather than Fullback tonight, so is categorically not a viable option if Purrington and Matthews are both injured (ie Gunter moves back to his natural position).
    Sky Sports trying to get you to watch longer despite nothing happening so as their advertisements can get more views shock.
  • J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

5 or 6, give over
    Goalkeeper | Left-Back | Striker are the only departments at the moment we're short in...

Centre-Back as well, but at least we've got the rumour that Lavelle is coming
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6, give over
    I've seen the squad, I just don't agree. It's early days, some haven't impressed much but deserve a chance. Do need a LB, CB and striker but can't see how we need anyone else. 
  • What is a deal sheet?  Ie can it say two clubs have agreed subject to medical/personal terms?. So the deal can still fall through?
  • What is a deal sheet?  Ie can it say two clubs have agreed subject to medical/personal terms?. So the deal can still fall through?
    Yup, exactly that
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6, give over
    I agree 5 or 6 is OTT but I’d like as a minimum a LB, an attacking CM, a striker.
  • J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6, give over
    Goalkeeper | Left-Back | Striker are the only departments at the moment we're short in...

Centre-Back as well, but at least we've got the rumour that Lavelle is coming
    Agreed although the keeper situation has been explained and I'm more than happy with it.
  • Lots of players still to be announced; Dale, Grigg, Eaves, Mustoe, Blomqvist

Expect atleast two of them to go somewhere this eve (even if not announced until past midnight).

• Love when the number of likes on a comment goes from 2 when starting to read it to 7 by the time you've read it and added a like, within the space of a minute or so too!
  • Our squad last season looked much better than this, even if we manage 2 worldie signings in the next 10 mins, IMO. 
  • I’d like to go to bed now. It’s very late.
    Nite Nite sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite...oh, and don't forget to brush your teeth.. B)
    And make sure you have a wee, we’re gonna have enough wet beds as it is tonight!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!