Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Any other owner would be held accountable for leaving us in this state at 2237 on deadline day in league one.

Ol’ Tommy is no different. We were told to judge him at 2300 tonight. 

23 minutes to go.
  • Rothko said:
    If the deal sheets are in by midnight, you can complete tomorrow 
    I thought you had until 1:30am or something silly like that?
  • Going to be a lot of wet bed sheets tomorrow morning. 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Will all of you have a drink and just relax until the dust has fully settled? We know stuff is going on, we aren't short or rumors, just be patient, you're doing my head in
    @Rossman92 while we're waiting, can you answer a question, the answer of which has been bugging me for ages? 

What is that dolphin whispering in your ear?
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    That is tomorrow!  But yeah, I think you are right. Sue Parkes is just having her nightcap and will fire up the fax machine in an hour and a half.
  • I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but I can’t believe no one has come in for Ellis Simms during this window. He was outstanding for Blackpool last season.
  • TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
  • I wouldn't necessarily want him myself but Maxime Biamou is a free agent who could sign a short term deal after tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but I can’t believe no one has come in for Ellis Simms during this window. He was outstanding for Blackpool last season.
    Injured I think, will probably move in january when hes back up to speed.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but I can’t believe no one has come in for Ellis Simms during this window. He was outstanding for Blackpool last season.
    Hasn't he got a minor injury?
  • Rothko said:
    That is tomorrow! 
    Duh of course... I was thinking of tomorrow as 8am onwards!!
  • Going to be a lot of wet bed sheets tomorrow morning. 
    Quite right. The squad is pretty weak. Ow well onto December window.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    He's injured
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I believe he's picked up a knock so more likely to leave in Jan. 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Will all of you have a drink and just relax until the dust has fully settled? We know stuff is going on, we aren't short or rumors, just be patient, you're doing my head in
    You realise there is 24mins left 
    How do you know something hasn't been complete for an hour and we are waiting for photos and all that before we announce? Until the club, Rich, or anyone of note says this is it, there's no reason to say that today was a failure. Until I hear otherwise, I remain optimisitic
  • TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
  • Sponsored links:

• QPR just brought in striker from Watford so expect them to release the striker to us on loan 
    The one that has already gone to Gillingham? 
  • Gribbo said:
    Rossman92 said:
    @Rossman92 while we're waiting, can you answer a question, the answer of which has been bugging me for ages? 

What is that dolphin whispering in your ear?
    Well I had just kissed it 30 seconds before so the content of that conversation is not safe for this site  ;)
  • edited August 2021
    Thanks to all 4/5 of you for those swift answers!
  • Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    How do you know something hasn't been complete for an hour and we are waiting for photos and all that before we announce? Until the club, Rich, or anyone of note says this is it, there's no reason to say that today was a failure. Until I hear otherwise, I remain optimisitic
    Have you supported Charlton long ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    QPR just brought in striker from Watford so expect them to release the striker to us on loan 
    The one that has already gone to Gillingham? 
    Thanks Colin ;)
  • I wouldn't necessarily want him myself but Maxime Biamou is a free agent who could sign a short term deal after tonight. 
    I wouldn't necessarily want him but Carl Leaburn is available. Previous links with the club. 🙄
  • Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    And we only have one camera as well. Just waiting for it to charge up 
  • We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    And a striker
  • Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Have you supported Charlton long ?
    Give me another 20 years, I'm sure I'll be a miserable sod by that point
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!