Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

But apart from that everything's peachy.
    5 or 6, give over
    He’s not wrong. Have you seen our squad? So short in most departments. 
    Goalkeeper | Left-Back | Striker are the only departments at the moment we're short in...

Centre-Back as well, but at least we've got the rumour that Lavelle is coming
    We're short on wingers too
    Blackett and Clayden should be alright, Washington can play there
  • J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

5 or 6, give over
    Goalkeeper | Left-Back | Striker are the only departments at the moment we're short in...

Kirk and Washington - CBT and Jaiyesimi?
  • Southbank said:
    We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
    Pretty much. If we don't take 5 loans then we are putting a lot of trust in our youngsters in this league.

Elerewe is the only youth player close to the level needed for the first team squad just now.
    We have a few good youth players.
    Would fans be happy us playing them in a tough L1?
    Adkins might be thinking its the way forward.
    Clayden might get 10 minutes now and again. Who else do you think could help us win games this season? Nobody I have seen yet for sure.
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

blah blah blah
  • Two in the bag!!! 
  • wheres  Chris Parkes ?
    He wasn’t at the game tonight so safe to assume he’s doing something.  I wonder what it could be 
  • Ipswich have signed half the bloody planet and are doing naff. I would be content with just a LB. I certainly dont wish TS any bad blood for this window. Think he exaggerates but has certainly invested. Just not to the level of a Saudi prince.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we “swooped” yet? Boom 💥??
  • J BLOCK said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6, give over

Blackett and Clayden should be alright, Washington can play there
    He can yeah, in the same way Gunter can play left back
  • Interesting. So Lavelle and Brown? 
    Or Lavelle and hopefully a target man. 
  • Here we go...probably means we get half a player from 2.
  • Personally think it's quite catchy. Other than the fact the label says Addicks To Yictory😀
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    LB ST and im a v happy man!
    Cb and St, thats what I've been told
    If we don’t bring in a LB it will be criminal. Akin to Bowyer not bringing in a centre half in January. smashing up the McDonalds over Billingsgate

• Rothko said:
    It’s like people need something to hang their anger on, and a left back signing is it 
    Well its two possible scenarios - We can relax as we've got a LB in with Lavelle

Or @CAFCDAZ is sitting at home sipping brandy with a smile on his face
  • Sponsored links:

• What is a deal sheet?  Ie can it say two clubs have agreed subject to medical/personal terms?. So the deal can still fall through?
    It's something you buy at a department store in Dover.
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6? Maybe you’ve got so deep into saying it’s been a shit window that you can’t back down now that it’s turned out quite well
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:

5 or 6, give over
    Yep 5 or 6. 

Reserve keeper, left back, striker, right sided centre back (assuming we cross that off when Lavelle comes), and more midfielders as Clare and Dobson aren’t the standard needed to launch a promotion bid.
    What about Arter, Gilbey and Lee? Dobson and Clare haven't been particularly impressive but it's been a few games, give them a chance. Goalkeeper situation has been explained, we can cope without it. 
  • Rothko said:
    It’s like people need something to hang their anger on, and a left back signing is it 
    Well its two possible scenarios - We can relax as we've got a LB in with Lavelle

Lavelle is a centre back 
  • Lavelle and either Leko or Dale... (Pure guess by me)
  • Rothko said:

Lavelle is a centre back 
    Yeah I know... Its either CB and LB | CB and ST (the latter was what Daz has predicted)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!