Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    It’s like people need something to hang their anger on, and a left back signing is it 
    It’s probably the place where we most urgently need a signing, in my opinion.
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
    Pretty much. If we don't take 5 loans then we are putting a lot of trust in our youngsters in this league.

Elerewe is the only youth player close to the level needed for the first team squad just now.
    We have a few good youth players.
    Would fans be happy us playing them in a tough L1?
    Adkins might be thinking its the way forward.
    Clayden might get 10 minutes now and again. Who else do you think could help us win games this season? Nobody I have seen yet for sure.
    Barker is a player to bleed in in my opinion.
  • Lavelle and either Leko or Dale... (Pure guess by me)
    Dale has gone Blackpool
  • How exciting…2 in the bag 
  • edited August 2021
    Cawley on twitter: CAFC pretty confident they have got TWO signings in the bag. But both not set to be confirmed until past 11pm.
  • Lavelle and either Leko or Dale... (Pure guess by me)
    Dale has gone Blackpool
    Boo
  • Sponsored links:

• TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I'm not sure that's entirely true, when you consider how many we lost at the end of last season (perms and loanees returning). We had a lot of business to do, and still have much to complete. The LB, CB and attacking player aren't "luxury" signings to add to a groaning squad.

Only 5 senior signings before the start of the season
    1 more and a free agent in mid August
    1 in late August
    1 so far on deadline day
  • How exciting…2 in the bag 
    Is better than one at Shepherds Bush?
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

But apart from that everything's peachy.
    We needed 5/6 a few weeks ago.
    Since then we've signed Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Lee, Arter and Lavelle. Plus one other?
    What we have done is over estimated Dobson and Clare (when and who is a different argument for a different day) and ended up with an imbalanced squad again.  It's quite obvious you wouldn't have signed Arter and that has had to come at the expense of something else. 
  • hoping for a striker and lavelle personally - use loans for a LB and goalkeeper and maybe another and think we are there 
  • Rothko said:
    It’s like people need something to hang their anger on, and a left back signing is it 
    I think the LB situation is baffling. Without even contemplating the position with Roddy or any of the situation behind that, I have no idea why we can't reasonably expect to have two left backs with a professional appearance between them at the club - particularly when our two right backs are one-footed and we don't have an obvious centre half or midfielder who can drop in there. This is before any consideration of Purrington's injury.
  • shutting, shutting.... SHUT
  • Leko and Stockley would compliment each other PERFECTLY
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    hoping for a striker and lavelle personally - use loans for a LB and goalkeeper and maybe another and think we are there 
    We can't sign a LB on loan after today
  • Only 500k for Dale is a great deal for Blackpool.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

But apart from that everything's peachy.
    We needed 5/6 a few weeks ago.
    Since then we've signed Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Lee, Arter and Lavelle. Plus one other?
    What we have done is over estimated Dobson and Clare (when and who is a different argument for a different day) and ended up with an imbalanced squad again.  It's quite obvious you wouldn't have signed Arter and that has had to come at the expense of something else. 
    Can't disagree with this, think Lee was the missing piece (on paper) but even so, Arter is a good signing so won't complain. Looks like it's come at the expense of either a LB or a STR. 
  • Would be very happy with Leko back but not sure how likely that is given he's been playing for Birmingham so far this season.

I thought Dale was off to Blackpool.

Never heard of the CB.

We need a left back for sure. Seems bizarre we haven't fully used the loan market to get a maatsen type player in.
  • Correct
  • Rothko said:
    I think the LB situation is baffling. Without even contemplating the position with Roddy or any of the situation behind that, I have no idea why we can't reasonably expect to have two left backs with a professional appearance between them at the club - particularly when our two right backs are one-footed and we don't have an obvious centre half or midfielder who can drop in there. This is before any consideration of Purrington's injury.
    Agreed, it would be slightly different if we had a competent LB in the U23's like Elewere at CB but we don't
  • DOUCHER said:
    hoping for a striker and lavelle personally - use loans for a LB and goalkeeper and maybe another and think we are there 
    Loan deadline is 11pm tonight too.
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    We aint even taken our full quota of loans have we?
    Two slots left
    Got to assume we will take 2 loaness then unless Adkins has told those above that he's happy to bleed in our youngsters.
    I won't argue if that's the plan.
    At this time of the night I cant see Lavelle and two loans coming in.

Its a frustrating / bitter sweet scenario if we dont fill our quota as towards the end of the season there were a lot of complaints about people getting fed up of us signing five loans each summer as we need to build our own squad

So its good we've reduced our quota at the present.

But we still need a Left-Back
    We definitely should not feel obliged to use 5 loans just because we can have up to 5 loans in a matchday squad.

However, we are going to end up obliged to use 5 loans because we don't have a sufficient number of senior players under permanent contract.
    Pretty much. If we don't take 5 loans then we are putting a lot of trust in our youngsters in this league.

Elerewe is the only youth player close to the level needed for the first team squad just now.
    We have a few good youth players.
    Would fans be happy us playing them in a tough L1?
    Adkins might be thinking its the way forward.
    Clayden might get 10 minutes now and again. Who else do you think could help us win games this season? Nobody I have seen yet for sure.
    Barker is a player to bleed in in my opinion.
    He is too short for a centre back and not fast enough as a fullback
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!