Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    When ever has being skint stopped football clubs spending on players ? It’s why the game is in the mess it finds itself.
    You're absolutely right historically.

But I do just wonder whether COVID has changed things, certainly for the clubs in any League except for maybe the top half of the Premier League. 

And if Wednesday really are trying to furlough their players, any transfer spending by them must be completely unthinkable.
  • Options
    According to the Daily Mail, Sheffield Wednesday have asked their players to go on furlough payments from the government with immediate effect.

If Chucks decides to move to Yorkshire being furloughed will be an interesting experience for him!
    Isn't furlough a percentage up to a certain amount? I doubt it will be anywhere near their normal wage?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    According to the Daily Mail, Sheffield Wednesday have asked their players to go on furlough payments from the government with immediate effect.

If Chucks decides to move to Yorkshire being furloughed will be an interesting experience for him!
    Isn't furlough a percentage up to a certain amount? I doubt it will be anywhere near their normal wage?I thought that you couldn't claim furlough if you have not been at the company for a certain amount of time? Maybe wrong.
  • Options

What happens if the players refuse ? Admin ?
  • Options
    As someone on Owlstalk said that if they are training or have been given a training/fitness plan, they are still working, and inelligible for furlough.

• Options
    This is when you post "can't"...that pic was from a total can't!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    PopIcon said:

Isn't furlough a percentage up to a certain amount? I doubt it will be anywhere near their normal wage?
    Simple, give them £8.91 ph, that's the minimum wage ain't it.
  • Options

That will get them used to new lower payments then 😂😂😂😂
    They can’t be allowed to do that .... if the rest of us have to pay the wages through summer break then they should ...... also it that’s the case they should be placed under transfer embrago 
  • Options

That will get them used to new lower payments then 😂😂😂😂
    They can’t be allowed to do that .... if the rest of us have to pay the wages through summer break then they should ...... also it that’s the case they should be placed under transfer embrago 
    Local reports suggest they are but as usual the EFL don't announce these things
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Sheff Wed have an outstanding HMRC bill to settle ?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    According to the D itaily Mail, Sheffield Wednesday have asked their players to go on furlough payments from the government with immediate effect.

Further to my earlier post. I have just been on Owlstalk.
    A number of their posters are predicting Sheffield Wednesday to go into Administration before the end of June.

I think that definitely rules out Chucks going to the “massives” this close season.
    Chuks has 3 offers on the table none of them are from Wednesday.

As I said last week it is possible he could end up there but he isn't not signing for us to sign for them. 
    Is it just me or is any else having problems with deciphering the second paragraph? 🤔
    Essentially: 'It is possible he could end up signing for Wednesday, but I don't believe that interest from The Owls is any factor in his to delay to sign for us.'
  • Options
    Some having meltdowns two weeks before a transfer window even opens is too charlton life even for charlton life 👏🏻 
    Especially when this is going to our best transfer window in years.  It's all very exciting.  I can't  remember the last time I was this excited about a transfer window

🤦🏻‍♂️
    Yeah, but he spent all the club's money on a flat, land rover, soft drinks and crisps!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    If chuks  has it in his mind to look elsewhere, then so should we, he’d be no big loss in my opinion, get someone who wants to be at Charlton and can play for 90 mins if required. He was part of a team that failed so doesn’t deserve us begging him to stay.
    100% This
  • Options
    Although all players have the right to see what their full options are I also agree that hopefully we are playing tough with the ones that have been offered a new contract. Set a date and if it isnt signed by then its withdrawn. We dont want any last minute trying to get players in this window. If someone wants to string it out then they can do one whoever it is as far as I'm concerned 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Although all players have the right to see what their full options are I also agree that hopefully we are playing tough with the ones that have been offered a new contract. Set a date and if it isnt signed by then its withdrawn. We dont want any last minute trying to get players in this window. If someone wants to string it out then they can do one whoever it is as far as I'm concerned 
    Agreed, none of them have earned the right to stay, they had a good chance last season and blew it.( for whatever reasons they chose).
  • Options
    Hopefully they will arrange open top bus to celebrate it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two mahoosif behemoth organisations.  

• Options
    All Peter O’Rourke rumours should now be instantly discarded in the same way Nixon’s are. 

He must have had some sort of head injury recently because that’s laughable
    Not really, we don't know our offer to Aneke. They might be putting a stupid offer on the table in the hope he's completely driven by money. I'd still be very surprised if he goes there but don't think it's ludicrous a team like Shrewsbury could make a silly offer. 
    You can guarantee whatever we offer to Aneke is significantly more than what Shrewsbury can afford. The same goes for any other team with genuine interest in signing him, like Sheffield Wednesday. 

If Aneke doesn’t resign it will be because a bigger team with more money have come in for him.

Peter O’Rourke uses the clout gained from once working for credible employers to now peddle nonsense click-bait for Footy Insider
    Would surely make him Shrewsbury's highest earner,  which won't go down well with the other players if he's only playing 20 minutes per week.
  • Options
    Quite relaxed about possible lack of signings over the last few weeks, I’m sure there’s lots of deals offered to lots of different players, and probably also the fact we’re waiting for the champions league final to finish to then see who is available.
  • Options
    Welcome Ryan.

Cue "he's not a marquee signing, we're going down"
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I’d be concerned if we were just about to start preseason friendlies and we hadn’t signed anyone, fully expect 4-6 players to be signed by the time preseason starts.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    If chuks  has it in his mind to look elsewhere, then so should we, he’d be no big loss in my opinion, get someone who wants to be at Charlton and can play for 90 mins if required. He was part of a team that failed so doesn’t deserve us begging him to stay.

Each to their own but I don't get the rationale.  He is better than L1 on his day and if we bought in a striker who played 90 mins every game and got 20 in a season we would all love them.  Chuks got 15 playing 20-30mins each game.

Next season, best case he finds.a way with our suddenly impressive looking medical team to play more and scores 20+ or does same as this season and wins us plenty of points from the bench.

Would rather have him playing for us than someone else.  It is not easy to replace 15 goals and his power and overall game.

Mooney wanted to be at Charlton, he was crap.  I would rather have the best players.
    Just out of interest, and I don’t know as haven’t looked. How many of the 15 goals scored by him were the reason for winning 3pts? Whenever he started a game he was absolutely pony. So is the value of having him to bring on late beneficial to actually winning games or does it boost his ego by scoring against tired teams? I find him clumsy, has the turning circle of the titanic and fouls and gets petulant when things aren’t going his way. Other than that he’s ok. But over rated aswell.
    We drew 5 games he scored in and won two 1-0 where he scored.  We beat Lincoln 3-1 when he scored and assisted.  That is to name the key point changers of his goals.

He was sent off once and carded 9 times in 38 game involvements.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!