Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    depends what we and others are prepared to offer him - i'm guessing that none of the current players we have offered contracts to are seen as first 11 players and their offers will reflect that, both in terms of salary and contract duration - Shrewsbury may think differently  
    I would be shocked if we offered Matthews (bearing in mind we already have Gunter) and Amos anything other than 1st team player contacts or something we knew they would never accept. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Why shouldn't the players, ours or anyones, have a look to see what else might be on offer?

Just as our players are, perhaps, considering their options, there will be players offered deals by their existing clubs who are also talking to us.

But remember the old adage.   

Players who move to Charlton are moving for football reasons and furthering their careers.  

Players who move on from Charlton are greedy, ungrateful, disloyal snakes who can feck off as they're not 100% committed for not taking the first offer on the table.
    100% agree, these agents and players know the wage cap has gone, and know the club has money to spend. But the club still have to do the best deal for them, not the players!

Chuks is certainly shopping around, and was looking for an increase (let’s not forget he was signed on a championship wage)

we will get the right players in.. agreements will already be in place, but might not happen till later on in the window!
    Which in fairness is entirely his right and his prerogative, as it is for all the players. They are perfectly entitled to try and see if they can get a better offer (whether that's wages, location, or something else) with no obligation to sign on terms offered here.

Of course he is, he isn’t going to be offered the same deal he was on, as a huge worry over fitness! And money he is asking for, could be better spent elsewhere 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Stoke City have made losses of 90 mill for 2919/20 .. so people moaning about not buying anyone this is the reality of football at present 
    Blimey @bobmunro sort it out ! B)
    All he needs to do is take a 10% pay cut : - )
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    depends what we and others are prepared to offer him - i'm guessing that none of the current players we have offered contracts to are seen as first 11 players and their offers will reflect that, both in terms of salary and contract duration - Shrewsbury may think differently  
    I would be shocked if we offered Matthews (bearing in mind we already have Gunter) and Amos anything other than 1st team player contacts or something we knew they would never accept. 
    i wouldn't 
  • Options
    Still can’t believe any club would take a risk on a player who can’t get anywhere near ninety minutes of football. 
    We already have
  • Options
    All Peter O’Rourke rumours should now be instantly discarded in the same way Nixon’s are. 

He must have had some sort of head injury recently because that’s laughable
    Not really, we don't know our offer to Aneke. They might be putting a stupid offer on the table in the hope he's completely driven by money. I'd still be very surprised if he goes there but don't think it's ludicrous a team like Shrewsbury could make a silly offer. 
    The only reason I'd disregard O'Rourke a bit more now as didnt he mention Digby as a target with Cawley has since rubbished?

Does seem to be getting a little less reliable
    Yes maybe, although he's the second source of the day suggesting Shrewsbury are interested. Regardless, I was just referring to the fact a League 1 side could offer Aneke a lucrative contract to try and tempt him, I don't think that's unlikely at all. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i wouldn't 
    sorry - just re read that - yes i agree he is better than Gunter - hopefully we are going to pay Gunter off 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Agree on Matthews, because I suspect he was on less money last season than when he first signed. Amos however was signed as a Championship freebie. Even though he was back up I suspect he was on a fairly decent contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we've offered less than his current contract. If Adkins feels there's an other keeper out there (like the Pompey one), the offer might be less than Amos feels he's worth. 
  • Options
    I’d be ruthless . Anyone stalling on signing a contract , I’d fuck them off . 
    I know it sounds naive but if they are willing to go for extra few quid then go , so we can get on with signing players who have a different motivation. 

We’ve got a player who can’t even play a full game of football for some mysterious reason and even he won’t sign a new contract .  See ya
    100%. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    All Peter O’Rourke rumours should now be instantly discarded in the same way Nixon’s are. 

Not really, we don't know our offer to Aneke. They might be putting a stupid offer on the table in the hope he's completely driven by money. I'd still be very surprised if he goes there but don't think it's ludicrous a team like Shrewsbury could make a silly offer. 
    You can guarantee whatever we offer to Aneke is significantly more than what Shrewsbury can afford. The same goes for any other team with genuine interest in signing him, like Sheffield Wednesday. 

If Aneke doesn’t resign it will be because a bigger team with more money have come in for him.

Peter O’Rourke uses the clout gained from once working for credible employers to now peddle nonsense click-bait for Footy Insider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    If we can’t offer a player as much as Shrewsbury are offering them , then that five year plan to get into the Prem is looking like pie in the sky . 

Or perhaps Nigel just isn’t keen on keeping him . 
  • Options
    Still can’t believe any club would take a risk on a player who can’t get anywhere near ninety minutes of football  FOR US.
    Might be different somewhere else. Don't believe he had the same issue at previous clubs. 
  • Options

Just regurgitated, word for word, what was in that previous article by The Football Insider. Unless O'Rourke runs it.
  • Options
    I think O'Rourke and Football Insider are the same. 
  • Options

You can guarantee whatever we offer to Aneke is significantly more than what Shrewsbury can afford. The same goes for any other team with genuine interest in signing him, like Sheffield Wednesday. 

If Aneke doesn’t resign it will be because a bigger team with more money have come in for him.

Peter O’Rourke uses the clout gained from once working for credible employers to now peddle nonsense click-bait for Footy Insider
    How can you guarantee it? Perhaps Adkins views Aneke as a risk and therefore doesn't want to offer him the contract he'd get if he could play a bit more. Shrewsbury view him as more of a marquee signing so willing to offer a silly contract? It's not necessarily about being a bigger team with more money, it's about the importance of that signing to the club. Like if we need a No 2 keeper this season, a 'smaller club' could offer more money if they need him as their No 1. 
  • Options

Maybe I’m thinking too far in the past, but O’Rourke used to be very reliable on Twitter. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him on joining a big club
  • Options

Maybe I’m thinking too far in the past, but O’Rourke used to be very reliable on Twitter. 
    I think he used to be at Sky Sports? 
  • Options
    Still can’t believe any club would take a risk on a player who can’t get anywhere near ninety minutes of football. 
    We already have
    Good point but we have first hand experience of his “issues”. We might still feel they are resolvable. Can you imagine the kerfuffle on here if we signed a player who even when physically fit was unable to play 90 minutes over months and months. Another club would only have his normal medical in order to assess him. Personally I really hope he resigns for us because we know how effective he can be. Would another club invest in 50% game time. I can’t see it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If aneke joins Shrewsbury, I’ll get a tattoo of the guys arse who got a tattoo of sordell (spelling?).
  • Options
    Still can’t believe any club would take a risk on a player who can’t get anywhere near ninety minutes of football  FOR US.
    Might be different somewhere else. Don't believe he had the same issue at previous clubs. 
    Then that’s quite shocking and can’t see how we can explain that away. 
  • Options

How can you guarantee it? Perhaps Adkins views Aneke as a risk and therefore doesn't want to offer him the contract he'd get if he could play a bit more. Shrewsbury view him as more of a marquee signing so willing to offer a silly contract? It's not necessarily about being a bigger team with more money, it's about the importance of that signing to the club. Like if we need a No 2 keeper this season, a 'smaller club' could offer more money if they need him as their No 1. 
    Do you seriously believe it’s possible for Chuks Aneke - arguably the best footballer in the division when fit, the person with the best minutes to goals ratio in the division, a player with suitors who have much bigger bank accounts than us, will be playing for Shrewsbury Town next season?

I understand your point of us not offering a big deal due to his physical risks, but that doesn’t mean Shrewsbury Town come in to the equation at all. This is clearly a nonsense story, most likely orchestrated by Aneke’s agent.
  • Options
    He did. His games/minutes at MK Dons were very similar indeed to those at Charlton for the most part.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i wouldn't 
    So what sort of contract do you think they would offer Matthews?  They will have either offered him a contract they know he won't sign or offered him one reflective of being 1st choice right back, there isn't another option is there? 
  • Options

Do you seriously believe it’s possible for Chuks Aneke - arguably the best footballer in the division when fit, the person with the best minutes to goals ratio in the division, a player with suitors who have much bigger bank accounts than us, will be playing for Shrewsbury Town next season?

I understand your point of us not offering a big deal due to his physical risks, but that doesn’t mean Shrewsbury Town come in to the equation at all. This is clearly a nonsense story, most likely orchestrated by Aneke’s agent.
    I would be surprised if he went there, yes. I wouldn't be surprised if a club like Shrewsbury are making enquiries and 1/2 are putting good offers on the table, no. In fact, I'd hope we are in the same position and making enquiries for players who are being linked to Championship clubs and making lucrative offers to persuade them to join us. Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition even if it's unlikely to come off. 
  • Options
    Something doesn’t add up with that one. Where would Shrewsbury find the money they’d need to attract him? And why would they overpay for an injury prone player?
  • Options
    If Shrewsbury are stupid enough to offer Aneke big pay day and decent contract .. then bye bye Aneke 
  • Options
    Something doesn’t add up with that one. Where would Shrewsbury find the money they’d need to attract him? And why would they overpay for an injury prone player?
    Might not be a money thing. Possibly they are pitching to him the chance to be the Marquee Signing, the Big Fish in the pond and put in a few clauses for performance related stuff. Whereas here he's going to be a super sub at best and quite possibly competing with Stockley or another signing for starts.

Not saying they'd be RIGHT to do so but it's not beyond possibility.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I would be surprised if he went there, yes. I wouldn't be surprised if a club like Shrewsbury are making enquiries and 1/2 are putting good offers on the table, no. In fact, I'd hope we are in the same position and making enquiries for players who are being linked to Championship clubs and making lucrative offers to persuade them to join us. Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition even if it's unlikely to come off. 
    Agree there’s nothing wrong with ambition on the part of a club, my issue is that it’s a non-story. I really can’t see any possible reality where Chuks Aneke even entertains being linked to Shrewsbury. 

Transfer rumours are slow this time of year and it seems people are making them up for the sake of driving engagement. 

For the record, I’d be quite happy to see him move on and use the funds on a player that can start 40+ games a season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!