Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Sounds as if the players are stalling on contract talks at present... Based on cawleys most recent article
    Not sure it’s the players most likey the agents advising them to hold on ... plus would expect most players have got away in holiday as well ... Pearce indicating he staying 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I don't understand why Chucks would put the little egg timer instagram post up when nothing is seemingly close 
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    clive said:
    I don't understand why Chucks would put the little egg timer instagram post up when nothing is seemingly close 
    because he, along with many other footballers, are self centered and love attention (see Lyle Taylor)
    Pretty much. Nobody has sung their name for some time, so they have to sing their own name at times!
  • Options
    “You need a couple of good senior players who are role models to help other players develop. They might not be first-choice players, but they can help with how some of the younger ones conduct themselves around the place. They can pass on their knowledge and experience.”

Watson and Pearce......

• Options
    I took great comfort in hearing those words from NA. 

Players are contracted till July, so I don't expect much haste really. Maybe 1/2 have signed but the Club feel that will invite more questions on those who have not signed, so are holding back for now.
  • Options
    I thought this comment was interesting less than a month until they are back training and the urgency to get the squad done.

So will it be a flurry or renewals and new signings in June or an August of late rushed deals that weren’t our primary targets.

it’s hard to read into with Adkins eternal positivity but it didn’t read likes lots of deals are going on or a close.

it will be interesting no doubt 

• Options
    I’d be ruthless . Anyone stalling on signing a contract , I’d fuck them off . 
    I know it sounds naive but if they are willing to go for extra few quid then go , so we can get on with signing players who have a different motivation. 

We’ve got a player who can’t even play a full game of football for some mysterious reason and even he won’t sign a new contract .  See ya
    in some ways I'm in this boat. I do feel Chuks is taking the piss a bit - watch him sign elsewhere and play 30+ full 90 mins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it sounds naive but if they are willing to go for extra few quid then go , so we can get on with signing players who have a different motivation. 

We’ve got a player who can’t even play a full game of football for some mysterious reason and even he won’t sign a new contract .  See ya
    I have to agree with this. 

We need players that want to be here, that want to succeed with us, not join a rival or go a league above to rarely play.
  • Options

I mean, you are going to be very very lucky to find any players anywhere who AREN'T playing the waiting game right now. Just the nature of the game and especially in the Covid world.
  • Options
    It sounds all good and cut-throat but we don't have the full picture. You don't even know the wages, term of contract, work super duper phone or any other details. So maybe we are being cut-throat (which does not just mean a binary "Stay" or "Feck off".
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Slightly disappointing that the new dawn hasn’t thrown up any new signings yet. I think a lot of us were thinking the Powell promotion pre season when we were ruthless in getting our targets early. 
    But I guess it completely different times....and it’s still early days.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mendonca said:
    It sounds all good and cut-throat but we don't have the full picture. You don't even know the wages, term of contract, work super duper phone or any other details. So maybe we are being cut-throat (which does not just mean a binary "Stay" or "Feck off".
    It's clearly not cut throat if it's not these binary options! lol
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I thought this comment was interesting less than a month until they are back training and the urgency to get the squad done.

So will it be a flurry or renewals and new signings in June or an August of late rushed deals that weren’t our primary targets.

it’s hard to read into with Adkins eternal positivity but it didn’t read likes lots of deals are going on or a close.

it will be interesting no doubt 

The same as every season you would like to get your business done but the power now is with the agents and players and if they want to wait till nearer the closing day then there nothing the clubs can do about it .... 

it’s all about being patience and not buying someone just to keep the fans happy but getting the right player for the squad and system and if that means we bring two or three in in the final day then that’s how it’s got to be 
  • Options
    Maybe it’s all being done behind the scenes but with these renewals and lack of rumours it feels like we’re late to the party.

Varney always said they had many deals done for SCP in March / April. Whereas we kept saying no business until we know what league we’re in.

Does that mean we are now late and unplanned vs. Other teams line Ipswich. It feels like it.

Let’s hope for some surprises next week, but Adkins says we need 12-13 and wants them done in one months - that feels impossible 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Clearly things will be going on behind the scenes, and Nige and the gang will get it sorted, who's to say it isn't a long way down that line already, so Chiiillll lad's...and lasses, have a beer and relax, things will be fine and we will have the best team going come August. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's no need to be ruthless. 
    Whether Pearce signs or not, we need to sign a left-sided centre back. 
    Same goes for JFC, Chucks and Amos, even if they sign we are looking for someone else for their position, once we have that "someone else" we can put pressure on these guys to sign or leave because we need to fill their position. 
    Only Matthews has been offered a contract for a position where we already have a player.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Which other teams in the league have done business so far?
    For quite a few teams I guess that the removal of the wage cap may make negotiations more difficult with players now expecting more money?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    From the top of my head - Shrewsbury, Oxford, Plymouth, Fleetwood, Bolton, Accrington, Bristol Rovers (loads)
  • Options
    Stoke City have made losses of 90 mill for 2919/20 .. so people moaning about not buying anyone this is the reality of football at present 
  • Options
    Must truly be a nightmare getting business done at this point in the window. Players with offers on the table who you can’t replace without fully knowing their intentions. Players and agents all jockeying for the best deals and having to juggle negotiations with first, second and third choice targets. That’s the same for every club. I know things get a bit easier as the window moves along but then other factors like need and even desperation come into play. Looks like the club have a good set of people in position to sort it out but they have my admiration and sympathy in equal measure. I’m guessing that things will start to click into place around the middle of June for most deals. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    From the top of my head - Shrewsbury, Oxford, Plymouth, Fleetwood, Bolton, Accrington, Bristol Rovers (loads)
    Bristol Rovers aren't in our League 
  • Options
    Stoke City have made losses of 90 mill for 2919/20 .. so people moaning about not buying anyone this is the reality of football at present 
    I'm sure Peter Coates has them covered
  • Options
    There is a big difference between getting players in early and getting them in while it is the off season break and no training is taking place.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!