Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    You think Wilshere will last that long not getting injured?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    clive said:

Former England midfielder Jack Wilshere has been released by Bournemouth.

The 29-year-old joined the Cherries in January on a deal that ran until the end of the season, and played 17 times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57267351

This would be an excellent signing to cover for JFC till Jan 

He's made 36 appearances, including as a substitute, in total in the last 3 seasons:

18/19 - between 1st Sept 2018 and 20th April 2019 he played 5 minutes of first team football
    19/20 - between 19th Oct 2019 and 1st July 2020 he made no appearances
    20/21 - between 22nd Sept 2020 and 19th January 2021 he made no appearances

He's more likely, especially given our "gift" at signing habitually injured players, to be sitting next to JFC on the treatment couch than he is to be on the pitch.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    clive said:

The 29-year-old joined the Cherries in January on a deal that ran until the end of the season, and played 17 times.

Ahem......
    No thanks . He’s be smoking forty fags in the physio room in no time . 
  • Options
    let’s let’s face it Miller without his pace isn’t even a pro footballer. Liverpool would be looking for a big fee... is he really worth that? I’d rather Akin if we’re spending 
  • Options
    No legs on the Mo Eisa or Paul Digby rumours

• Options
    edited May 2021
    clive said:

This would be an excellent signing to cover for JFC till Jan 
    The Birthday Boys Do Not Want GIF

Just what we need.  Another player who needs a rest before retirement after a largely uneventful career marked by early promise and then f*** all.  Steve Sidwell anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hearing talk of Poch returning to Spurs, ours will be in late August as we approach the deadline and we announce Pratley on a short term deal till Jan.  He then plays every game triggering a deal for the remainder of the season.  Inniss will lose an eyebrow against Welling, will be unavailable until late March, meaning Pearce clocks up about 35-40 games.  Matthews refused to resign and Gunter gets given the RB spot 
  • Options

No legs .... would hope any new signings would have one at least 
    Old ones are always the best :D
  • Options

We are signing Jake the Peg to compensate.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

We are signing Jake the Peg to compensate.
    already have one of those, don't need another
  • Options

I wouldn’t write them off. We got four excellent seasons from Johnnie Jackson after his legs had gone...
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Max Power a decent player ...
    Only 27 years old as well.
    The type of player we should be targeting. 
    Player being released by Sunderland? No thanks.
    What the captain of a team that finished 4th in the league we are trying to get out off? 
    Max Power would be a good signing for us at this level.

Yes, a player released by a team that didn't get past the Play off's semi's. 
    Wait til you hear about the players Curbishley used to sign from relegated teams, or the players Powell signed from League One relegated sides and non-league
    Different era 
    How is it any different now though? There are lots of very good players throughout leagues 1 and 2. Just look at some of those Crewe players that completely played us off the park. Are they not good enough because they didn't finish in the top 2? I'm really not quite sure who you are expecting us to sign.
    I thought that but according to folks on here this is a rubbish league with crap teams and poor players. 

It is.
    Get it right this transfer window and I for one expect a top two finish.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    What the captain of a team that finished 4th in the league we are trying to get out off? 

Wait til you hear about the players Curbishley used to sign from relegated teams, or the players Powell signed from League One relegated sides and non-league
    Different era 
    How is it any different now though? There are lots of very good players throughout leagues 1 and 2. Just look at some of those Crewe players that completely played us off the park. Are they not good enough because they didn't finish in the top 2? I'm really not quite sure who you are expecting us to sign.
    I thought that but according to folks on here this is a rubbish league with crap teams and poor players. 

It is.
    Problem is that there are about 6 - 8 clubs thinking exactly the same. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Different era 

It is.
    That may well be the case.
    But only two of them will go up automatically. 
    I believe we will be one of those. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Millar replaced Harvey Elliott on loan at Blackburn. 
    If only someone mentioned that a few days ago...... .  All 3 parties keen, as I understand. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If only someone mentioned that a few days ago...... .  All 3 parties keen, as I understand. 
    Makes a lot of sense given the success of Elliott's loan spell. 
  • Options

Noooo, our precious rumours are being taken away!!
  • Options

I wouldn’t write them off. We got four excellent seasons from Johnnie Jackson after his legs had gone...
    No we didn't, we got some good games out of him. 

If Gunter and Watson were called Solly and Jackson they would have averaged at least 0.5 more per game in the players marks.  If we signed post 2014 Jackson now, with out the deserved credit in the bank, he would get scapegoated. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think Blackburn & their fans will be very disappointed when they lose Elliott and gain Millar.

Not even close in ability 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Different era 

It is.
    That may well be the case.
    But only two of them will go up automatically. 
    I believe we will be one of those. 
    I hope we are one but I don’t believe it. I think we’ll make playoffs but realistically I think our rehabilitation is going to take two seasons.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think Blackburn & their fans will be very disappointed when they lose Elliott and gain Millar.

Not even close in ability 
    Oh absolutely its nowhere near in terms of ability. Elliott will be around Liverpool's first team next season. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!