Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Why are they letting him go?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Defoe to Ipswich 😳😳
    He’s 38 which makes him the wrong type 😉😉
    I have already bet my mortgage that he will score against us when we play them
  • He scored 4 in 15 for rangers last season, he is 38! I doubt he is the 20 goal + striker needed for promotion
  • Max Power has suffered some horrific abuse from some Sunderland supporters.

Talented player for this level, would quite like him here that’s for sure.
  • I don’t really rate Power. Was very good when younger but despite his age he’s declined quite rapidly 
  • Sage said:
    Just the fact of Ipswich signing Defoe, if he goes, you know he still has the ability for this level. He might not get 20 goals but if he comes off the bench most games, there is nothing to say he couldn’t replicate what Aneke done for us this season. 
    Exactly, that's why I am so keen to get Aneke resigned.  You need stricker on the bench, better having one that's highly likley to score........ 
  • Max Power a decent player ...
    Only 27 years old as well.
    The type of player we should be targeting. 
    Player being released by Sunderland? No thanks.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Max Power a decent player ...
    Unless he's been released for reasons other than the fact they dont want him?
  • Sage said:
    Just the fact of Ipswich signing Defoe, if he goes, you know he still has the ability for this level. He might not get 20 goals but if he comes off the bench most games, there is nothing to say he couldn’t replicate what Aneke done for us this season. 
    Not signing, too expensive for them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely thought max power was about 35.  He’s a crab midfielder, could probably do a good job for us but wouldn’t get over excited that’s for sure.
  • edited May 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    What the captain of a team that finished 4th in the league we are trying to get out off? 
    Max Power would be a good signing for us at this level.

• J BLOCK said:
    Sage said:
    Not signing, too expensive for them. 
    They offered Rhodes about 3 million quid for 3 years, no idea how it was structured, but it's a lot of money either way.  They are either offering the world to people they know they can't get or are very serious. 
  • Can I have a few more greens please @Dazzler21

There you go 
  • Would love to get Piggott back, but as others have said Luton seems obvious with Nathan Jones there whom rated him so highly in our youth teams.
  • Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    What the captain of a team that finished 4th in the league we are trying to get out off? 

From what I've seen their fans seem happy he's gone.

O'Nien is being linked with Portsmouth apparently.
    Few years ago now but did well alongside Alex Gilbey when they won League One with Wigan

Also played for Tranmere so even a link to Nigel Adkins ;)
    Adkins and Power were both born in Birkenhead. 
    Few years ago now but did well alongside Alex Gilbey when they won League One with Wigan

Does he also know Ged Roddy???

Does he also know Ged Roddy???
    Goes to the same dentist. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

From what I've seen their fans seem happy he's gone.

O'Nien is being linked with Portsmouth apparently.
    That is mainly because he took a shot from about 40 yards out in the playoff semi-final (which was very stupid) and wasted one of their last chances. 
    Him going off injured in the playoff final against them was a big moment in the game. He would be a good player here.

But then again, I was also confident Maddison was going to smash it for us so what do I actually know
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Yes, a player released by a team that didn't get past the Play off's semi's. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

He's horribly unpopular with Sunderland fans... any idea why? From what i've seen he's bits and pieces midfield player.
  • Power might be unpopular with the Sunderland fans but Yann hardly came with the endorsement of the Leicester lot - obviously Powell knew better but it's not always about fan opinion.*

* Except mine obviously as I am right about everything always.
  • Sage said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Wait til you hear about the players Curbishley used to sign from relegated teams, or the players Powell signed from League One relegated sides and non-league
    Wiggins and Hollands both missed out in the play-offs with Bournemouth before joining us, didn’t work out here with them either... 🙃
    Disgusting.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Wait til you hear about the players Curbishley used to sign from relegated teams, or the players Powell signed from League One relegated sides and non-league
    Different era 
  • Sage said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Wiggins and Hollands both missed out in the play-offs with Bournemouth before joining us, didn’t work out here with them either... 🙃
    Read and liked as tongue in cheek which I think the upside down head emoji indicates, but 🥴 if not. 
  • Sage said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Read and liked as tongue in cheek which I think the upside down head emoji indicates, but 🥴 if not. 
    Yes, 100% sarcasm. They were fantastic for us.

I always assumed the upside down head emoji to mean being silly, sarcasm or joking. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!