Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Was busy yesterday, and as a result loads of rumours!

I'd be a bit surprised if we went for Kane, especially with the inconvenience surrounding the 7 match ban.

“In mitigation, both Todd and Rob Dickie, who witnessed the incident, have consistently testified that Todd’s comment was in response to an opposition player using similar language about Todd’s nationality.
    “Todd admitted using the wording “diving, foreign ‘expletive’ in response to being called an ‘expletive’ ugly, English ‘expletive’.
    “The opposition player admitted using abusive language but denied referencing Todd’s nationality.
    “This was accepted by the FA and no further action was taken against him.
    “As a club we were surprised to learn the individual views of one opposition player have been believed by the FA while the views of two of our players were rejected, particularly given that both were praised by investigators for their forthright testimony.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-todd-kane-070521/
  • 🛎 DING DONG DIGBY 🛎 
  • Pratley replacement?
  • Scoham said:
    IS HE COMING HOME ???
    Why, because he's leaving?
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Not a chance that Stockley isnt a done deal imo. 
    It is 
    I think this would be a strong enough claim for the table @Dazzler21 - anytime the classic "done deal" is rolled out needs to be tracked haha
    It is a chance
    It isnt a done deal
    It is isnt a done

• edited May 2021
    Sunderland, Pompey, Wednesday and us linked to every L1 standard freebee.  I would random sites linking us to players, either made up or agent bollox.
    I mean it’s not like all of these names are being made up by “random sites”. If I had to rank them by reliability first...

MacGillivray - Cawley, reliable
    Digby - O’Rourke, reliable

Hagan - Sheffield reporter, unsure
    Cannon - Telegraph reporter, unsure 

Todd Kane - London Football News, hmmm
  • https://twitter.com/analyticsoxford/status/1397452631883321344?s=21

Some clips of Paul Digby this season. He’s definitely a strong and tall unit in the midfield, similar to how Bielik was maybe?
  • Sonny Bradley has signed a new contract with Luton. Weren’t Ipswich fans confident he was on his way to Portman Road?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Sadly, I have no rumours.  I just hope that we move away from signing the average, the mediocre and the also-rans.  It's time that we signed a few 'exceptional' players.

Of course, you can be 'exceptional' in many ways.  For example, based on his name alone, isn't Newport County defender and England beach soccer International Priestley Farquharson easily the most posh player in the League? 

Better still, I discover that he is actually Priestley Tyler H. Farquharson.  It's 'Hats Off' to Mr and Mrs Farquharson for that one.  
    OK, hands up, who pronounced his name Farkwarson?

... How is it pronounced then?!
    @thenewbie Farson, like Cholmondley is Chumly. 
  • Pigott will almost certainly go to Luton now they’ve lost James Collins
    Yesterday, someone on here said Taylor was going to Luton. I don’t see them signing both Taylor and Pigott in the summer. 
    Yesterday, someone on here said Taylor was going to Luton. I don’t see them signing both Taylor and Pigott in the summer. 
    They won’t be signing Lyle Taylor. He’s on silly money at Forest, money he won’t get anywhere else. He’s exactly the sort of character who is happy to let a contract run down without playing football. 

I’d be surprised if Luton’s highest paid player is on half of Lyles wage
  • thenewbie said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Sadly, I have no rumours.  I just hope that we move away from signing the average, the mediocre and the also-rans.  It's time that we signed a few 'exceptional' players.

Of course, you can be 'exceptional' in many ways.  For example, based on his name alone, isn't Newport County defender and England beach soccer International Priestley Farquharson easily the most posh player in the League? 

Better still, I discover that he is actually Priestley Tyler H. Farquharson.  It's 'Hats Off' to Mr and Mrs Farquharson for that one.  
    OK, hands up, who pronounced his name Farkwarson?

... How is it pronounced then?!
    @thenewbie Farson, like Cholmondley is Chumly. 
    Thank you! The more you know...
  • Sunderland, Pompey, Wednesday and us linked to every L1 standard freebee.  I would random sites linking us to players, either made up or agent bollox.
    This. Its mainly clickbait or journo's on a slow day linking any out of contract player with teams known to have new owners/money.

They're not rumours......just made up crap. 

• Please not Pigott.  
  • Scoham said:
    IS HE COMING HOME ???
    Nope 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://twitter.com/analyticsoxford/status/1397452631883321344?s=21

Some clips of Paul Digby this season. He’s definitely a strong and tall unit in the midfield, similar to how Bielik was maybe?
    He looks decent... big, strong, works hard used the ball ok.
  • edited May 2021
    Sonny Bradley has signed a new contract with Luton. Weren’t Ipswich fans confident he was on his way to Portman Road?
    Extremely confident, as were Luton fans that he was leaving

Good news for us that a potential promotion rival has missed out on a player that belongs in a promotion side 

* Just search Sonny Bradley on twitter and look at the amount of people talking about him. Very much egg on their faces 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57248922

Nor directly about us, but Sunderland have issued their released list

Sunderland have released seven players, including captain Max Power, after they were beaten in the League One play-off semi-finals by Lincoln.
    Callum McFadzean, Chris Maguire, Conor McLaughlin, Grant Leadbitter, Josh Scowen and Remi Matthews have also been let go.
    The club said that Aiden McGeady, Denver Hume and Luke O'Nien "will be offered new deals".
    Meanwhile, they are "in discussions" with striker Charlie Wyke.
    Wyke scored 31 goals this season but his contract runs out at the end of June.
    The Black Cats have exercised an option to extend defender Oliver Younger's deal by a further year until the end of the 2021-22 season.
    It was understood that winger McGeady, 35, waived an agreement in his contract that would have automatically triggered an extension when he started in the second-leg against Lincoln on Saturday.
  • Max Power a decent player ...
  • Fernando Torres is coming out of retirement... Just saying... Heard it here first when it happens!!
  • Defoe to Ipswich 😳😳
    Only 27 years old as well.
    The type of player we should be targeting. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Defoe to Ipswich 😳😳
    He’s 38 which makes him the wrong type 😉😉
    Only 27 years old as well.
    The type of player we should be targeting. 
    Few years ago now but did well alongside Alex Gilbey when they won League One with Wigan

Also played for Tranmere so even a link to Nigel Adkins ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!