Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Hull, Preston and Charlton join Bolton in race for released Portsmouth midfielder - reports

Championship duo Preston and Hull have reportedly entered the race for released Pompey midfielder Andy Cannon.

• 10 different rumours to end up with one player?
  • The one this morning about the keeper who has left Pompey, I wonder why it’s been put out there, is it to hurry Amos about signing the offer we’ve made him?
  • Rumours coming along like buses.
  • Sweet sweet rumours, this is what I come here for 
  • Sounds like Steve Gallen could do no better than this thread and pick up some tips as well!
  • For the STATS fans amongst us....nobody left their line more than Amos last season in L1 (115 times)

Both featured 46 times for their clubs last season i all comps.  Amos is 1m94 tall vs McG's 1m88

Shots against
    Amos 192
    McG 185

Saves made
    Amos  136
    McG 134

So not a lot in it.  Acfcording to Wyscout the ranking for goalies in L1 have McG as 6th best and Amos 7th best
    Burge of Sunderland 1st, Stevens of Oxford 2nd

Personally I've been watching a chap in Portugal's second tier who looks decent.  Very very comfortable with his feet, young (22 years old), 1m89 tall.  His side, Estoril, are looking highly likely to get promoted so he might be beyond us now but I understand his contract may be up in the summer,  His name is Daniel Figueira and looks to have a lot of potential.  He'd float my boat more than McGillivray if I am honest
  • Not a prolific goalscorer so assume he's more of a defensive midfielder to replace Super Darren Pratley.

6' 4" so just about tall enough
    Something similar, can play DM or CB.  Had a strange career of ups and downs.  Looked like a decent prospect 4 or 5 years ago but then drifted down the leagues.

Could double up as the 4th center half and 7th center mid, a good option for the bench in that regard.

I would be supprised if he was more than a squad player though.  We already have enough of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Pete O'Rourke and FI are one and the same these days.
  • MattF said:
    Sorry for triple post but I like the sound of this. I am a bit of a stat worshiper and according to whoscored and that article he seems to be a bit of a midfield destroyer. Just turned 26 and could be a good Pratley replacement with a bit more movement about him. 

The player I would really like though and I hope Gallen and Adkins earmarked him as our new midfield general is Panutche Camara. Young, mobile centre mid, didn't pick up many bookings for the role he played and played most of Plymouth's games.

There's so many good players in league 1 in all honesty, I don't mind looking at league 2 but we could build a squad strong enough to go up and stay up from this league
     At 6'5" I'd be surprised if he had a huge deal more mobility than Pratley - passes the height test though.

Seen a few clips and he doesn't get me lubed up
  • Piggot has left Wimbledon and has told his ex teammates where he is going but the teammate who told my son this won't reveal where he is going 
  • edited May 2021
    Pigott to forest and Taylor to Luton is what I heard.

Oh and Charlie Wyke, the big divie, to Boro.  Boro don't think they can get Akpon off the wage bill so he could be on his way to Sunderland on a season long loan. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Piggot has left Wimbledon and has told his ex teammates where he is going but the teammate who told my son this won't reveal where he is going 
    where is he going then ?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Piggot has left Wimbledon and has told his ex teammates where he is going but the teammate who told my son this won't reveal where he is going 
    where is he going then ?
    i don't play for wimbledon  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• We all know TS loves a surprise and I think he likes to put on a show. I'm starting to wonder if he is planning a big unveiling day of the new squad ! 
    Now I'm probably wrong but it would fit imo
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Pigott to forest and Taylor to Luton is what I heard. 
    Lyle’s big move at last ...
    I would go to Luton for 20k, let alone 20k a week. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    where is he going then ?
    Forest
  • Not a chance that Stockley isnt a done deal imo. 
  • AndyG said:
    Not a chance that Stockley isnt a done deal imo. 
    Based on what?
  • DOUCHER said:
    where is he going then ?
    Not to Charlton and and  that's a fact.
  • Uboat said:
    AndyG said:
    Not a chance that Stockley isnt a done deal imo. 
    Based on what?
    Based on the fact that the player made it clear he wanted to sign. We wont get better at the moment imo. He did more than enough since he arrived to show he is worth signing.

I just dont think there is a chance it hasnt been sorted and was using that as support to my speculation that the club may be planning a big unveiling day that's all
  • DOUCHER said:
    where is he going then ?
    Not to Charlton and and  that's a fact.
    so what club do his team mates play for ???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!