Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/cambridge-united-head-coach-mark-bonner-thrilled-with-midfield-pairing-adam-may-and-paul-digby/

“With Diggers (Paul Digby), this month’s been why we signed him.

“We need a resilient, gritty, tough team that can grind out results when it’s like it has been. He’s come alive, he’s been at his absolute best in January.”

• If Stockley goes to another league 1 club I'd be surprised and disappointed in equal measure.
  • Uboat said:
    AndyG said:
    Not a chance that Stockley isnt a done deal imo. 
    Based on what?
    Based on him playing cricket for Bexley this summer...
  • Pedro45 said:
    Uboat said:
    AndyG said:
    Based on what?
    Based on him playing cricket for Bexley this summer...
    Crickey, I hope he uses a bat!
  • Naaa, am sure he can outdo the Dilscoop/Pantscoop with his forehead!
  • Macronate said:

Hmm, is this a genuine source though?

Who is this Richard Cawley fellow?
    Has he been put on the rumours list?
  • Jac_52 said:
    If Stockley goes to another league 1 club I'd be surprised and disappointed in equal measure.
    Personally if he signs good but if he don’t then I do think there better mobile strikers out there ... 50/50 really 
  • edited May 2021
  • I read that as he’s be one for the U23’s squad
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Right back, if true would likely mean Matthews isn’t staying.
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Right back, if true would likely mean Matthews isn’t staying.

Or trying to emulate Gareth Southgate,
  • Maccn05 said:
    I read that as he’s be one for the U23’s squad
    Remember Gallan saying during an interview against Portsmouth on Valley Pass that we would be looking to start signing u23s players to develop and play in the u23s
  • edited May 2021
    https://the72.co.uk/237049/charlton-athletic-set-sights-on-transfers-with-four-names-linked-over-the-past-24-hours/

Craig MacGillivray (Pompey)
    Andy Cannon (Pompey)
    Paul Digby (Cambridge)
    Charles Hagan (Wendies)

& now can Todd Kane (QPR) to the list.

• Could be lazy journalism about Kane.

Anyone who has played under Adkins is being linked.

I suspect we are covering our bases re Matthews. Interestingly he only signed last year after hia replacement (Gunter) had been signed. 
  • In May 2021, Kane received a seven-game ban for using abusive language towards Brentford's Sergi Canos that referenced 'nationality or ethnicity' following the Championship game in February. He has also been fined £6,000 and must attend an education session.[47]
  • edited May 2021
    I'm now thinking rumours captured in my spready should only be:

A - we've made an offer for X player
    B - We have received an offer for X
    C - X Player has received an offer
    D - X Player has been released following negotiations. 
    E - Club related rumours (friendlies etc)

There's too many "Charlton are interested in X/Y/Z Player"
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I have a few more greens please @Dazzler21
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    It is 
    I think this would be a strong enough claim for the table @Dazzler21 - anytime the classic "done deal" is rolled out needs to be tracked haha
  • MattF said:
    Sorry for triple post but I like the sound of this. I am a bit of a stat worshiper and according to whoscored and that article he seems to be a bit of a midfield destroyer. Just turned 26 and could be a good Pratley replacement with a bit more movement about him. 

The player I would really like though and I hope Gallen and Adkins earmarked him as our new midfield general is Panutche Camara. Young, mobile centre mid, didn't pick up many bookings for the role he played and played most of Plymouth's games.

There's so many good players in league 1 in all honesty, I don't mind looking at league 2 but we could build a squad strong enough to go up and stay up from this league
    Camara caught my eye as well, was the home league game? or the Cup? or maybe both? The other one sounds good as well.
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    It is 
    I think this would be a strong enough claim for the table @Dazzler21 - anytime the classic "done deal" is rolled out needs to be tracked haha
    It's already there. 

• Does anyone rate Ryan Edwards Burton Albion? I can't remember him at all from the games against us. Saw he is out of contract at Burton but also double  POTY both from fans and players.And Burton were on an incredible run under JFH.
  • Kane would be a decent signing but he's not a massive upgrade on Matthews - if we are linked it's probably a precaution because they believe there is risk in Matthews signing
  • Sunderland, Pompey, Wednesday and us linked to every L1 standard freebee.  I would random sites linking us to players, either made up or agent bollox.
  • Richard J said:
    Could be lazy journalism about Kane.

Anyone who has played under Adkins is being linked.

I suspect we are covering our bases re Matthews. Interestingly he only signed last year after hia replacement (Gunter) had been signed. 
    Kane incoming?

Wow we are pushing the boat out!!
  • A lot of these are probably players that Gallen and team genuinely have sounded out - but on a purely provisional basis. While negotiations with the likes of Amos and Matthews are underway it's seeing what could be available should those fall through.

It's not that we are in the active recruitment of these players yet - just testing the field to see what's available.

• Does anyone rate Ryan Edwards Burton Albion? I can't remember him at all from the games against us. Saw he is out of contract at Burton but also double  POTY both from fans and players.And Burton were on an incredible run under JFH.
    Thats one heck of a name to have on the back of me shirt, i'm out!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!