Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Not sure if anything's been mentioned on here but according to Cawley Pigott and Mullin from Cambridge won't be signing... Not even heard Mullin linked
    It's Mullins.

Long standing Charlton target.  :wink:

• Options
    Matthews on a 2 year deal I predict 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think for the 1st time in years the club has a great structure in place along with a budget to push on. Whoever we sign I'm happy to put my faith in the management to sign the right players regardless of what I may think. Surely this year anyone we sign will have been signed because the club want him and not because it is all we could get
    We have no idea what the budget is though do we?  I would actually be supprised if the wage budget is more than it was in league 1 under Roland.

The challenge is how you spend it.  Apart from the first half of Parkinson's last season we have always had a good league 1 wage budget.  
  • Options
    One of my closest friends is a Sunderland fan and some of the things I've heard him say about players is outrageous. I don't think I've ever seen a 31 goal a season striker get so much abuse! I think the only two players which I haven't heard him critique are Luke O'Nien and Aiden McGeady. FWIW i'd take O'Nien in a heartbeat and think Max Power is a decent player but is he the right profile of midfielders Adkins wants? 

I think comparing Power on this season is a bit unfair too as he's had to play RB for a while but he is definitely good enough for a Lg1 squad aspiring for promotion, when he went off at Wembley against us I felt that was a massive turning point.
  • Options
    Luke O'Nien probably escapes criticism there as he spoke very well on Netflix 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess they are slagging off Wyke in the manner many did BWP. Or Bonne in the Championship.  

Sunderland hoof so many balls in the box that he's found a purple patch this season. He's been awful against us and deary me there were a feeble effort or two at Wembley which were struck with Josh Parker levels of puff.
  • Options
    Luke O'Nien probably escapes criticism there as he spoke very well on Netflix 
    From what I can gather it's more than they've got an ageing, slow team (sound familiar?) and he's one of the few with a bit of energy and pace about him.
  • Options
    The lack of rumour/mass signings in May has led fans to analyse each Team's Released players list with great scrutiny. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    Read on Facebook that Liam Millar is on Liverpool release list. 
    Load of rubbish, he signed a new deal with Liverpool before joining us on loan in January.
    Not saying it's right or wrong, but new deal could've been so they can get a fee for him?
    Bit like when we signed up one of our youngsters before we sold him
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    When one door closes... Will he take a paycut to join us? Or will he show a level of arrogance and expect a Champ/PL move despite not setting League 1 alight. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    And that sums up Facebook 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    When one door closes... Will he take a paycut to join us? Or will he show a level of arrogance and expect a Champ/PL move despite not setting League 1 alight. 
    IF Millar was to leave Liverpool, it would more probably be a Championship club, whether that is arrogance, maybe, but can't see him signing on a perm with us, but what a signing that would be and a sign of intent on our part B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    You say arrogance, I say ambition. If I were Millar (and IF this is true, which I am sceptical about) then I'd be wanting my agent to be trying for a Championship move at the least.

If he has to 'settle' for League One so be it but his pedigree and performances might tempt one of the mid-tier Champ teams to take a punt.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    You say arrogance, I say ambition. If I were Millar (and IF this is true, which I am sceptical about) then I'd be wanting my agent to be trying for a Championship move at the least.

If he has to 'settle' for League One so be it but his pedigree and performances might tempt one of the mid-tier Champ teams to take a punt.
    He was certainly more pedigree than performances, but there is clearly a great player in there, if he can just learn to make better decisions/read situations better.
  • Options
    clive said:

Former England midfielder Jack Wilshere has been released by Bournemouth.

The 29-year-old joined the Cherries in January on a deal that ran until the end of the season, and played 17 times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57267351

Ahem......
  • Options
    Only mention I can find is from ‘thisisanfield’ that say that they may cash in on Millar.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:

He was certainly more pedigree than performances, but there is clearly a great player in there, if he can just learn to make better decisions/read situations better.
    I don't know if he'd come back (or of Adkins etc even want him to) but players LIKE Millar are what I hope make up the bulk of the new squad - younger players with potential to improve and match the level we're at as we hopefully get promoted. 

Obviously a few experienced pros around the squad will be appreciated but from Adkins' comments about reducing the squad age I think we're going to have to make the trade off to some extent between experience and consistency Vs youth/energy and potential - which is where Adkins' positive, arm-round-the-shoulders style will hopefully come into its own.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Millar replaced Harvey Elliott on loan at Blackburn. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    Load of rubbish, he signed a new deal with Liverpool before joining us on loan in January.
    Not saying it's right or wrong, but new deal could've been so they can get a fee for him?
    Bit like when we signed up one of our youngsters before we sold him
    If they did that he would not be on a release list ... release list are players being let go 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!