Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Chuks is basically the ultimate super sub. The secret weapon, the ace up the sleeve to be played either to turn things around or to start turning the screws if you are winning.

The issue is that he knows and most clubs know that this is his best role now and would probably not be signing him to play regular starts - which may be reflected in what he's offered.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Whilst I  would love to keep Chuks, and play him in the inpact role next year, I can't understand this situation of only playing for 30 minutes or whatever, and wonder if it is a thing Chuks can't handle 90 minutes, is it a concentration thing, he does seem to get frustrated and put himself in potentially bookable scenarios sometimes, anyway if he stays good, but let's just get something sorted at the club soon.
  • Options
    its a medical thing - i'm easy about this either way - a good supersub to have but its the first choice centre forward (in addition to stockley) that is going to be crucial, not chucks 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly can't get my head round the fact people don't think having a player that can score 15 plus goals a season off the bench is a good thing.

The problem last season is we didn't have the starters, for large portions of it, not that we had a super sub.

BTW the offer from Blackburn has either been turned down or withdrawn.  They were one of 3 offers he had on the table early last week.  I have no idea who the 3rd one was. 
    yes but we don't have infinite resources - i rate chucks highly but we have to trust the recruitment team to balance up the offer with his worth 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly can't get my head round the fact people don't think having a player that can score 15 plus goals a season off the bench is a good thing.

The problem last season is we didn't have the starters, for large portions of it, not that we had a super sub.

BTW the offer from Blackburn has either been turned down or withdrawn.  They were one of 3 offers he had on the table early last week.  I have no idea who the 3rd one was. 
    yes but we don't have infinite resources - i rate chucks highly but we have to trust the recruitment team to balance up the offer with his worth 
    He's out of contract. There won't be any offers. 

We're going to have a striker on the bench, I hope that it's Chuks. We may find a better starting striker but we won't find a better player for that role. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We're going to have a striker on the bench, I hope that it's Chuks. We may find a better starting striker but we won't find a better player for that role. 
    we've made him an offer as other clubs have - we also know his medical condition
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

**insert egg timer emoji**
    All credible clubs, Championship sides without big bucks, who might see Chuks as a gamble worth taking. That previous Shrewsbury link was laughable
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

we've made him an offer as other clubs have - we also know his medical condition

More importantly we can’t really afford to have a luxury player who may change the game for 30 mins .. championship teams can afford it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

More importantly we can’t really afford to have a luxury player who may change the game for 30 mins .. championship teams can afford it 
    Do we really know what we can or can't afford?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper couple of rumours.

Chuks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

8/10 for the source 2/10 for it amounting to anything. 

So he's on the released list is he? "has left"?

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yet we could afford Schwartz............

Powell's squad had Yann and BWP but also Benson, Euall, Hayes, Haynes, Clarke and N'Guessan at different times.  Bowyer's had Taylor, Grant, Ajose, Igor and Parker although not all at the same time.

You need 4, preferably with an U21 as back up.  One of them won't make the bench every week.  All for of them won't be better, or more effective, than Chuks.  Remember he was only unavailable for 7 games and would have, in all probability, scored even more goals in a better team. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Looks like Taylor available for loan from Forest 
    I would be fascinated to see the reaction if he came back. 
    A small amount of sycophants would clap but I'd hope the majority of people would not be too happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Looks like Taylor available for loan from Forest 
    I would be fascinated to see the reaction if he came back. 
    Suppose if he hit the ground running scoring for fun in the first 5/6 games suspect all would be forgiven and if he scored 25plus and we went up deffo 

but what he done is hard to come back from in my mind if we were safe diff story but he almost single handed put us down because the feeling in the squad must have been killed .. even through they gave it their all they knew it was going to be so much harder ..... one goal more and we would have been safe and Taylor would have scored that and one or two more 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Chuks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

@Dazzler21 I would take that as he hasn't signed it, but hasn't flatly refused it either :-) 
  • Options
    Lyle had his dream move and his life must be absolutely amazing at the moment. 

Life changing move. Just a shame it was not season defining move for Forest!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

@Dazzler21 I would take that as he hasn't signed it, but hasn't flatly refused it either :-) 
    He hasn't been released or left either as it stands. I'd also say if he's chosen to not sign, that's a refusal at this time of our offer. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

Keep digging!
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don’t know what our financial budget is for this season, but to me having a squad where we do have some plan b’s is exactly what we should be aspiring to and hopefully CAN now afford. 

This forum screams out the need for a proven goal scorer constantly and now we’ve got one (albeit not one I’d solely rely upon) we’re saying he’s replaceable?!

Let’s be clear, for what Chuks Aneke brought us last year, he’s irreplaceable in league 1. We need another goalscorer of course but to go up we need a squad where everyone brings something to the table.
    I get all that but let's say we start the season with four strikers - Washington, Stockley, Schwartz and Aneke. At some point in the season Stockley is sent off and misses three games. This coincides with both Washington and Schwartz being injured. So we are left with Aneke, a great impact sub for 30 minutes, but whom we now need to play three games in a week, 90 minutes a game. That's us buggered then. Can we afford to carry such a player? Would we be better off having a fourth striker who will score ten goals in a season but can actually last 90 minutes? It's a tough call imo.
  • Options
    I still dont understand why there are fans that want schwartz to have more chances to impress, yet are not keen on Chucks being a Charlton player next season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!