Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that.  His creativity is certainly something I would like in our armoury.  Added to that, I don't think we anything near his best out of him last year given what he have heard about LB's, erm, 'interpersonal skills'.  Adkins putting his arm around him and building his confidence could see the talent, that we know is in there, unleashed.

Given he is out of contract and has local roots, maybe a contract based upon fitness/games played might be an idea?

He'd certainly be good for morale.  I think that he was extraordinarily popular when he was here, given the reaction by players and backroom staff when he left.

Unfinished business?  I hope so!
  • Options
    GD78 said:
    Jonny Williams released by Cardiff 🤔
    Please no.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Is the main reason we always see suggestions to bring back the likes of Cousins and Williams due to most of us not really knowing what else is out there? I’m sure we can find more effective players without so many injury problems over the last few years, I just have no idea who.
    General rule of thumb is most people don't know a lot of players around our level, so all suggestions tend to be former players, or someone who played well against us once. Until an actual rumour is announced that is, at which point people decide they definitely don't want that player who they hadn't heard of until that moment because the team he plays for are too low down or his Wikipedia stats don't look great.
  • Options
    Would be happy if Jonny returned. I think Nige would man manage him better than Bows.

Suspect he might get Championship interest. Someone like Qpr maybe. 
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins released by Stoke wouldn’t mind seeing him back.
    If you're looking for a younger Darren Prately who is perhaps a bit better on the ball, we could do worse. What's his injury record like these days, I can't say I've followed his career closely since he left?
    Not sure if it's injuries or just because he's back up (I suspect the latter), but he's averaging about 20 league games a season over the past few years. 
    Strange how he never really rocked my boat as I know he’s well thought of by a fair few Addicks.
    Just thought he was a bit pedestrian.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones took Cousins to Stoke. Would he also like him at Luton? 
  • Options
    I hadn’t realised how few games Cousins has played since he left us. 

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Is the main reason we always see suggestions to bring back the likes of Cousins and Williams due to most of us not really knowing what else is out there? I’m sure we can find more effective players without so many injury problems over the last few years, I just have no idea who.

The Cousins that left us would be great at this level, but I completely admit I have not watched him play once since he left so have no idea if he's unfit, lost all his form/confidence, has gone backwards, is still just as good but just hasn't been able to force his way into teams due to having good competition in midfield, or maybe he'd do better here being back "home" in a comfortable environment. I do know, based on watching him play for us, that he has, or at least used to have, a lot of the attributes we'd be looking for in at least one of our midfielders.

Bu like you, say there will be others out there too who may be just as good or better than Cousins, or be better long term bets with more potential to develop, but I can hardly name any League One players that don't play for us so I am in no position to advise on who they might be.

Cousins on a free is surely worth consideration though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    My prediction for next week (nothing to see until the 9th I reckon)

- Stockley announced on a permanent 
    - Randell Williams on free from Exeter
    - Jordan Graham on free from Gills
    - New contracts for Pearce and Watson

One big party day!!!

I already predicted Stockley on 9 June, you can't have that one 😂
  • Options
    I honestly wouldn’t be too shocked if Lyle Taylor ended up back at Wimbledon. They need a new striker with Joe Pigott going, and he got his big money move last season, maybe he’d go back!
  • Options
    Cousins is still only 27 and in the five seasons elapsed from his leaving The Valley he has amassed just 102 games at an average of 20 games a season. Might be a punt at League One but I doubt there’s much interest from us to be honest. Adkins won’t know that much about him and neither would Gallen. I’m hoping we’re looking at better options. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Would be happy if Jonny returned. I think Nige would man manage him better than Bows.

His best days have gone. Invariably injured. Does not score goals. Can’t tackle. If people don’t want Chucks, why on earth would we want Jonny taking up a space in the squad?

Fantastic at Wembley and will quite rightly be remembered fondly for it.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:

His best days have gone. Invariably injured. Does not score goals. Can’t tackle. If people don’t want Chucks, why on earth would we want Jonny taking up a space in the squad?

Fantastic at Wembley and will quite rightly be remembered fondly for it.
    Scored a couple when Bowyer and Jackson and even Giggs started to let him get forward.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Makes it sound like he's going to throw a spanner in the works.
    Piggot update - not us, not qpr - more west than that 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Brentford.
  • Options
    All this talk about Taylor, Williams, Cousins, we really need to stop looking over our shoulder to what used to be and start looking for fresh blood to carry us forward to what we want to be.
    I have every faith in Nige and Steve to come up with a competitive formation starting with Stockley and hopefully Chuks.
    I'd usually agree with this but all 3 of them would improve what we currently have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All this talk about Taylor, Williams, Cousins, we really need to stop looking over our shoulder to what used to be and start looking for fresh blood to carry us forward to what we want to be.
    I have every faith in Nige and Steve to come up with a competitive formation starting with Stockley and hopefully Chuks.
    100% agree with this leave the past in the past. It’s a new era a chance for a fresh start.

We need pace and energy provided by young hungry players. Not the baggage of Lyle or the injury worries of JW or Cousins
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins ex Charlton just released by Stoke
    I would have him back as a squad player 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Ooh, really narrowing it down there. Reading? Birmingham? Plymouth? 

Proper Alan Nixon style “in the know” post. 
  • Options
    Here we go 
  • Options
    I think Piggott might end up at Bristol City. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
    Reading, then. That's genuinely further west.

• Options
    We want the best players we can get within our budget. All that matters is their ability, fitness and attitude - who they used to play for shouldn’t matter, even if it was us. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cousins is still only 27 and in the five seasons elapsed from his leaving The Valley he has amassed just 102 games at an average of 20 games a season. Might be a punt at League One but I doubt there’s much interest from us to be honest. Adkins won’t know that much about him and neither would Gallen. I’m hoping we’re looking at better options. 
    Pretty sure Jackson knows who he is and I'd be surprised if former QPR coach Gallen doesn't know about former QPR player cousins either.

Whether that means they want to sign him I've no idea.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!