Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Makes it sound like he's going to throw a spanner in the works.
    Piggot update - not us, not qpr - more west than that 
    Reading   ??  
    Oxford   ??
    NY Red Bulls?
  • Options
    Don’t get all the yeah let’s get Cousins back or Williams or or. There were plenty better players in League One last season who are younger, hungrier and most likely less injury prone. They say never go back for a reason.

I'm glad Chris Powell kept coming back
  • Options
    Don’t get all the yeah let’s get Cousins back or Williams or or. There were plenty better players in League One last season who are younger, hungrier and most likely less injury prone. They say never go back for a reason.

A rare exception to the rule?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

A rare exception to the rule?
    Not at all! think of all the fond memories from Roger Johnson's send stay in SE7
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Inter Miami?
    PSG - that's further west if you go the long way round.
  • Options
    I'd definitely like Cousins back. Plays centre-midfield and I liked him at right-back v Hull. RB may even be the way forward for him. 
  • Options
    Everything is further west if you think of it that way.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'd definitely like Cousins back. Plays centre-midfield and I liked him at right-back v Hull. RB may even be the way forward for him. 
    So attacking right back?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    He was a very good right back in his youth, I am supprised we didn't use him there more when Solly started having knack.

I like Cousins but he hasn't done a lot since he left, I don't think I have actually watched him, since he did.

If we did sign him I would imagine it would be later in the window as he will have championship ambition and probably some interest.

It's going to be a long, hot, summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Bloody hell some of the comments on here about trying to get ex players back ! I wonder what the reaction would be if the club announced with fanfair that our brilliant new signings are ;

Williams
    Taylor
    Cousins

Why not try and get Bogle, Maddison, Levitt and a few of the Smith's back as well ?

Time to move on folks the future is hopefully brighter than you are aiming imo

If we do - can we go for Johnny Marr before Morrissey?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Bloody hell some of the comments on here about trying to get ex players back ! I wonder what the reaction would be if the club announced with fanfair that our brilliant new signings are ;

Williams
    Taylor
    Cousins

Why not try and get Bogle, Maddison, Levitt and a few of the Smith's back as well ?

You can’t really compare the performances of Taylor, Williams and cousins in a Charlton shirt with Bogle, levitt and the smiths.

I would take all 3 back, although I agree that it is time to move on
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    If Aneke leaves, can the headline please be 'None Chucks' ? 
    No it would be 'Chuks away'.
    Looking at the previous post, maybe you should form a double act with Valley11 B)
  • Options
    There’s a Parrot on this thread ...........you snooze you lose 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Reading   ??  
    Oxford   ??
    Leicester
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
    WUM acts like WUM then gets upset at being called WUM. 
    Misfired again Uboat - just been round this loop many many times - and I stand by every word on the ticket thread whether that upsets some or not - no upset here 
    That’s a shame, because I assumed you were having a laugh on the other thread, so it’s a shame to find out you’re actually just a bit of a twat. 
    a twat who u r following around - i've made my point so if u want me to shut up, don't keep jabbing away you bellend 
    I’m not sure what point you think you’ve made, but most of us seem to have reached the same conclusion. Hopefully you’ll enjoy a period of quiet reflection now. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    AndyG said: he 

Williams
    Taylor
    Cousins

Yes, all Charming Men no doubt.......I’ll get my coat 😉.
    That joke isn’t funny anymore. … grab my coat too, will you?
  • Options
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, The signings we need are the equivalent of ..

Hamer
    Wiggins
    Morrison
    Taylor
    Cort
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Green
    Kermorgant
    BWP
    Cullen
    Beilik

Plus a few others

Jordan Cousins isn’t of the required standard so it’s a Non from me
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    AndyG said: he 

Williams
    Taylor
    Cousins

Yes, all Charming Men no doubt.......I’ll get my coat 😉.
    That joke isn’t funny anymore. … grab my coat too, will you?
    If you think I’m flying half way round the world you’re mistaken, get your own coat 😉.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I'd much rather have a brand new squad with no baggage and no past links and start completely afresh than have former players coming back.
    Why?

Don't see the logic.

We should resign Cousins or Williams if they improve us. If not, then don't. 

That they, or any player, have or haven't played for us before shouldn't be relevant to that.

Taylor is slightly different because of how he left.
    No other reason than personal preference honestly. I just feel that starting from a new beginning with a new set of players would be a better way to move on from the past few years of shite.

It's not a "logical" thing, just a feeling honestly.
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins is crap.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!