Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    As if Williams is coming back. 
  • Options
    All this talk about Taylor, Williams, Cousins, we really need to stop looking over our shoulder to what used to be and start looking for fresh blood to carry us forward to what we want to be.
    I have every faith in Nige and Steve to come up with a competitive formation starting with Stockley and hopefully Chuks.
    We want the best players we can get within our budget. All that matters is their ability, fitness and attitude - who they used to play for shouldn’t matter, even if it was us. 
    Can you possibly say hand on heart that those three attributes apply to the three players in question, i have some reservations, and better the devil you know doesn't apply here.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Nobody divides opinion on here like Johnnie. I personally cant believe people are suggesting we should get him back. I only ever saw someone who runs in circles, falls over alot, and has no end product ! But as I said other people have a totally different view of him and I accept that totally
    His winning free kicks could be a major tactic for us if we keep Innis fit and get in a big dangerous from set pieces CB and Stockley. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Makes it sound like he's going to throw a spanner in the works.
    Piggot update - not us, not qpr - more west than that 
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
    WUM acts like WUM then gets upset at being called WUM. 
    Misfired again Uboat - just been round this loop many many times - and I stand by every word on the ticket thread whether that upsets some or not - no upset here 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Would be happy if Jonny returned. I think Nige would man manage him better than Bows.

Suspect he might get Championship interest. Someone like Qpr maybe. 
    No way ...... do we want Williams 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
    Misfired again Uboat - just been round this loop many many times - and I stand by every word on the ticket thread whether that upsets some or not - no upset here 
    DOUCHER.....it’s all very well to say you’re hearing it’s not us.....but all the cloak and dagger stuff as to who it actually is, is quite frankly unnecessary mate.
    If he’s not joining us then bollox to him......whose that interested to be honest.
    Ok, you supposedly know but why play around by not saying?
    I hope you’re not simply showing off.🧐

• Options
    GD78 said:
    Jonny Williams released by Cardiff 🤔
    There was something very, very fishy about that transfer.  It stunk of a favour to someone, but I have no idea of who for nor by who. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Would be happy if Jonny returned. I think Nige would man manage him better than Bows.

Suspect he might get Championship interest. Someone like Qpr maybe. 
    No way ...... do we want Williams 
    Sad to say, I don’t think we do.
    He was a very whole hearted player for us but never quite hit the heights other than Wembley......where he was MOTM I reckon.
    Great fella at the training ground and in the dressing room, extremely popular too.
    So many reasons to want him back, just for the guy he is but I think he’s past his best now......sadly.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    GD78 said:
    There was something very, very fishy about that transfer.  It stunk of a favour to someone, but I have no idea of who for nor by who. 
    Fish-y you say...
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    We’d be bonkers not to try and sign Cousins.

He’s already shown he can perform comfortably in the Championship and is the perfect age for a senior player. 
    People will bemoan our chasing a former player, but for me, exactly the high energy, box to box central midfielder we need next season. I’d sign him in a heartbeat. 

I reckon Williams will end up at Gillingham.
    I do understand the hesitancy when looking at former players, but like anything, it’s not binary. 

I agree, he’s exactly the box-to-box midfielder we’ve been missing. He’s got great pedigree, is never injured and gets bonus points for keeping Ben Watson out the team. 
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/injury-ends-jordan-cousins-season/

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/john-eustace-discusses-jordan-cousins-16156064

Nope, never injured, never.  He has played 100 games over 5 seasons, so 20 a year, less than half. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Rumours elsewhere that two perm and two signing new contracts by end of week ...... Stockley and Randell two names mentioned 
    Guessing that is Randell Williams? Would be a great signing if true. Joel would also be very good but unlikely. 
  • Options
    Joel Randal would be a better one.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RC_CAFC said:

He’s already shown he can perform comfortably in the Championship and is the perfect age for a senior player. 
    People will bemoan our chasing a former player, but for me, exactly the high energy, box to box central midfielder we need next season. I’d sign him in a heartbeat. 

I do understand the hesitancy when looking at former players, but like anything, it’s not binary. 

I agree, he’s exactly the box-to-box midfielder we’ve been missing. He’s got great pedigree, is never injured and gets bonus points for keeping Ben Watson out the team. 

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/john-eustace-discusses-jordan-cousins-16156064

Nope, never injured, never.  He has played 100 games over 5 seasons, so 20 a year, less than half. 
    Injuries in April though, a season ending one is what, half a dozen games? Maybe only played 100 games but hasn't been first choice for a large chunk of that, so not necessarily because of injuries. 
  • Options
    End of the week surely we’ll have some news from Rich
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    GD78 said:
    Ask Bowyer why Smith was brought in, oh, and Bogle..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What kind of midfielder is Joel Randell - CDM CAM other?
  • Options
    What kind of midfielder is Joel Randell - CDM CAM other?
    Another winger I think
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RC_CAFC said:

You’ve picked two injuries, years apart, both of which aren’t within the past 2 seasons.

The first injury was right at the end of the season and he was back for the start of the season. The second injury is a bit of a reactionary article in April, he was back training before the end of the season. 

Agree “never injured” was a bit OTT, but he’s been fit for the majority of his career and isn’t injured any more than the average athlete.

Not playing games at Stoke wasn’t due to injury issues, more so Champions League-winner John Obi Mikel was in his position.
  • Options
    Seems to me that since leaving Charlton, Jordan has never been able to nail down a first team slot wherever he’s gone. 
  • Options
    Don’t get all the yeah let’s get Cousins back or Williams or or. There were plenty better players in League One last season who are younger, hungrier and most likely less injury prone. They say never go back for a reason.
    If we can get a younger, hungrier player then fantastic. I’d much rather us spend money on an up and coming player than go back to Cousins. 

The question is what kind of money Adkins has available to spend and what positions is he is likely to use his transfer budget on filling. Cousins would be a good signing in League One, especially for free. 

Like you say, I’d much rather someone like Lowery at Crewe or McCormick who was on loan at Bristol Rovers from Chelsea.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Brentford.
    DOUCHER.....it’s all very well to say you’re hearing it’s not us.....but all the cloak and dagger stuff as to who it actually is, is quite frankly unnecessary mate.
    If he’s not joining us then bollox to him......whose that interested to be honest.
    Ok, you supposedly know but why play around by not saying?
    I hope you’re not simply showing off.🧐

because the player doesn't want it revealed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Brentford.
    That’s a shame, because I assumed you were having a laugh on the other thread, so it’s a shame to find out you’re actually just a bit of a twat. 
    a twat who u r following around - i've made my point so if u want me to shut up, don't keep jabbing away you bellend 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Reading   ??  
    Oxford   ??
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Don’t get all the yeah let’s get Cousins back or Williams or or. There were plenty better players in League One last season who are younger, hungrier and most likely less injury prone. They say never go back for a reason.
    If we can get a younger, hungrier player then fantastic. I’d much rather us spend money on an up and coming player than go back to Cousins. 

The question is what kind of money Adkins has available to spend....
    Well, seeing as we've been told we are going to blow this league out of the water I'm hoping for something better than old crocks & has beens. 

TS has spouted off so now time for him to put his money where his mouth is.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!