Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Bring back Curbs and Stevie Gritt while we're at it. Reckon Brownie could still do a job at CB away to Accrington. I hear Johnny Robinson still keeps himself in shape, could be worth bringing on for the final 10 minutes of games. Put Super Clive on the bench in case we get a last minute penalty and need to score, and maybe even Claus for free-kicks. Could bring back Kins as club captain - he doesn't need to play, just be an influence in the dressing room. Maybe we could even take the top tier off the west stand, the old one was good enough for this level.
    Certainly could talk a good one!
  • Options
    I hate the way football fans talk about footballers sometimes. Imagine being some bloke who would be given the run around by the under 14s sitting at their laptop and confidently saying a professional footballer playing in the first or second division is 'dogshit' or 'dreadful' with 'no footballing brain'. What a weird life. I wonder if they heckle window cleaners and dentists as well
    Do what?

So unless we are better than a footballer we can never describe one negatively?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Surely we want to poach the best L2 players. Paul Mullin scored 32 in 46 for Cambridge last season. Scored 11 more than the second highest scorer in the league. 
    Richard Cawley’s already confirmed Mullin isn’t a target. Last season was the first time he’s regularly scored goals - have to be careful with goalscorers that it’s not a one off and that they have the ability to step up. Paul Benson for example scored about 10 league goals for us but he was very limited outside the box, while he was a decent goalscorer he wasn’t good enough for a promotion chasing side.
    He hasn't ruled out Hayden Mullins yet though 🤞
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    Surely we want to poach the best L2 players. Paul Mullin scored 32 in 46 for Cambridge last season. Scored 11 more than the second highest scorer in the league. 
    Richard Cawley’s already confirmed Mullin isn’t a target. Last season was the first time he’s regularly scored goals - have to be careful with goalscorers that it’s not a one off and that they have the ability to step up. Paul Benson for example scored about 10 league goals for us but he was very limited outside the box, while he was a decent goalscorer he wasn’t good enough for a promotion chasing side.
    He's the Colchester Manager now...
  • Options
    I hate the way football fans talk about footballers sometimes. Imagine being some bloke who would be given the run around by the under 14s sitting at their laptop and confidently saying a professional footballer playing in the first or second division is 'dogshit' or 'dreadful' with 'no footballing brain'. What a weird life. I wonder if they heckle window cleaners and dentists as well
    As a matter of fact, I often heckle my window cleaner but figure it’s not wise to heckle my dentist.
    I might have guessed you’ve still got a full set of railings mate, my Dad always said it’s the good looking ones you gotta watch in a ruck 😉.
  • Options
    To be fair on Danny Hollands he did have a bad foot injury which hastened his departure.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:

Unless Sandgaard is already bored and tired of Adkins' optimism!! - Can just picture Thomas getting fed up with calls at 3am in Colorado from Nigel, going: "How are ya boss, got another smile on your face, ready for the day are you"
    Unlikely.  I think that they are both on the same perscription of happy pills...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    348 comments since last I looked. I take there is no significant rumours ? - apart from Chuks to multiple clubs
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:

Unless Sandgaard is already bored and tired of Adkins' optimism!! - Can just picture Thomas getting fed up with calls at 3am in Colorado from Nigel, going: "How are ya boss, got another smile on your face, ready for the day are you"
    TS is in the UK I believe, so I’m guessing the Valley is a beacon of positivity at the minute! Roll on the first signings!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    mart77 said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:

TS is in the UK I believe, so I’m guessing the Valley is a beacon of positivity at the minute! Roll on the first signings!
    Shhhh don't tell anyone but he is filming the big show ready for the 9th June reveal party
     B)...Okay, secrets safe with you, me and the rest of the English speaking world  B)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Sandgaard's statement of intent for next season was even more bullish and enthusiastic than Nigel's.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Cousins will no doubt end up at Luton as Jones took him to Stoke and was his coach in our academy. Move on guys! 
    To team up at Luton with Joe Pigott, strangely a former player who doesn't draw the same "we must never sign old players" reaction
    in my opinion Piggott played once or twice for us, was released and has gone elsewhere, scored goals and shown he is good enough for the Championship, is young, fit and hungry. Cousins has gone elsewhere, not pulled up any trees, not really progressed and has missed a lot of games through injury. I'd take Piggott back but not Cousins.
  • Options
    Ridiculous last sentence 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Cousins will no doubt end up at Luton as Jones took him to Stoke and was his coach in our academy. Move on guys! 
    To team up at Luton with Joe Pigott, strangely a former player who doesn't draw the same "we must never sign old players" reaction
    in my opinion Piggott played once or twice for us, was released and has gone elsewhere, scored goals and shown he is good enough for the Championship, is young, fit and hungry. Cousins has gone elsewhere, not pulled up any trees, not really progressed and has missed a lot of games through injury. I'd take Piggott back but not Cousins.
    So would I.
    But it's not going to happen. 
    Source. His brother. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    But PIggot is a former player so can't be re-signed on your "never go back" principal.

Or are you now saying we should sign players who improve the team, regardless of whether they played for us before?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:

Pigott scored 20 goals this year in 45 games, 5 of which were penalties. He's shown he's a decent league 1 striker but I wouldn't say he's shown he is good enough for the championship personally. Maybe he will be, maybe he won't. Cousins has played in the championship all his career so actually has shown he is good enough for the championship and more than good enough for league 1.

Since we are in league 1 next season I would be happy if we signed either of them, but wouldn't bother me if we didn't.
  • Options
    I think what some of us were saying is that we were suprised at the amount of people who had suggested it would be great to get Williams, Taylor and a few other ex players back. Alot of us didnt think they would be an improvement on what we already have. But each to their own
  • Options
    So piggot not good enough for us has one good season in league 1 should be resigned yet cousins who was very good player for us and has played championship football all his career is not  good enough for us in league 1. 🤪
  • Options
    Do what?

So unless we are better than a footballer we can never describe one negatively?
    Not sure where you're getting that from as that's not what I said. Sure people can be negative about footballers, the way some talk about them is ridiculous though. Saying that people who make a good living out of football are 'shit' footballers is just needlessly unpleasant and makes that person look a bit thick. Of course that player isn't shit, if he was no-one would pay him thousands of pounds a week. Just makes me wonder if those people are also going round screaming at the people who work at Sainsbury's if they're too slow at the till or leave abusive reviews on Twitter for films they didn't enjoy watching. It's weird that some fans don't seem to have any ability to talk about footballers in a balanced way. It makes Twitter a cesspit.
    But I think cousins is shit, I could explain why and use a few big words if I wanted but I didn’t on this occasion.  Perhaps try not getting so offended by a difference of opinion on something so irrelevant, it’s not like I’ve said this to cousins directly, that I don’t like, but this is the perfect place to express your opinions. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    But PIggot is a former player so can't be re-signed on your "never go back" principal.

Or are you now saying we should sign players who improve the team, regardless of whether they played for us before?
    I'm not saying never sign players who have played for you before but in my opinion it's never as good second time around. In my opinion there is a difference too between Piggott and Cousins, I'd have the former back but not the latter. Just my opinion, which is what I thought this forum was for.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Addick_8 said:
    Some of you are way to over sensitive in your reactions to a few posters talking about ex players returning 😂
    And you are being way over sensitive about those being way over sensitive about those being way over sensitive. 😂
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Some of you are way to over sensitive in your reactions to a few posters talking about ex players returning 😂
    And you are being way over sensitive about those being sensitive about those being over sensitive over those being sensitive.
    Oversensitive-ception.
  • Options
    27 past it 🤔
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!