Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Michael Mandron is being suggested by "the 72" as a possible Chuks Aneke replacement.
    Plays for Crewe, 14 goals last season.
    This is a wiki quote-
    Possessing a big physique, striker Mandron uses this trait to back into defenders, collect the ball by dropping deeper into the midfield, and hold the ball up, with the ability to win headers from set-plays.[43]

I can't remember him all- what do you all think?
     From wiki quote sounds very like Stockley- so no need fo 2 if JS on board.
  • Options
    I think Hakeeb Adelakun could well be a target. If we sign him, I feel it only fair we call him by his full name - Hakeeb Adeola Abiola Ayinde O. O. J. Adelakun
  • Options
    I think Hakeeb Adelakun could well be a target. If we sign him, I feel it only fair we call him by his full name - Hakeeb Adeola Abiola Ayinde O. O. J. Adelakun
    Yeah sod off am I gonna remember that when writing a Preview!! :D
    I've got a feeling he'd be known as Hakeeb or OOJ
  • Options

That's one we won't be getting. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    I also think there will be alot announced on the 9th. My own hunch is that TS has got players to keep quiet until a launch day. I suspect a special broadcast on valley live will be announced and then players will be introduced. It's a great way of building up the excitement. My own tips are Famwoe loan, Stockley permanent, chucks re signed. And some new signings. I would just add Piggott says he cant say where he is going !!! Just saying 🤭🤭🤭
    Makes it sound like he's going to throw a spanner in the works.
    Piggot update - not us, not qpr - more west than that 
    Brentford.
    No but I’m not getting into one of these things coz people will start accusing me of being a WUM- there’s enough of that on the season ticket thread with people getting all emotional and abisive - it’s not us, that’s the main thing and it’s not qpr which was my hunch last week and I’m now told who it is so it do t take too much working out
    WUM acts like WUM then gets upset at being called WUM. 
    Misfired again Uboat - just been round this loop many many times - and I stand by every word on the ticket thread whether that upsets some or not - no upset here 
    That’s a shame, because I assumed you were having a laugh on the other thread, so it’s a shame to find out you’re actually just a bit of a twat. 
    a twat who u r following around - i've made my point so if u want me to shut up, don't keep jabbing away you bellend 
    I’m not sure what point you think you’ve made, but most of us seem to have reached the same conclusion. Hopefully you’ll enjoy a period of quiet reflection now. 
    couldn't leave it could you - no reflection here - get a season ticket and back the new owner - its that simple 
  • Options
    My favourite thing right now is writing off players that are in the league above that wouldn’t even consider us in a million years. We are in league 1 folks
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    My favourite thing right now is writing off players that are in the league above that wouldn’t even consider us in a million years. We are in league 1 folks
    Some players would though.......Taylor would sign for Bromley tomorrow if they offered him 30k a week.
  • Options
    Surely we want to poach the best L2 players. Paul Mullin scored 32 in 46 for Cambridge last season. Scored 11 more than the second highest scorer in the league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's one we won't be getting. 
    Booo!

(Have i used the correct thread etiquette chaps?)
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Some players would though.......Taylor would sign for Bromley tomorrow if they offered him 30k a week.
    And despite what some think very few will sign for a project or ambition if the money isn't right. 
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins is crap.
    He played for us five years ago and was average then. He's also had a couple of injuries in that time.

Most of the people saying bring him back will expect the Cousins of five years ago. 
    Probably the same people who were calling for us to pring Poyet back. We remember how that turned out?

I'm not adverse to bringing back ex players.

I doubt there are many people on here who have intensively followed his career through QPR and Stoke City.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    So would I. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Surely we want to poach the best L2 players. Paul Mullin scored 32 in 46 for Cambridge last season. Scored 11 more than the second highest scorer in the league. 
    And did sod all, ever, before this season. 
  • Options
    I hate the way football fans talk about footballers sometimes. Imagine being some bloke who would be given the run around by the under 14s sitting at their laptop and confidently saying a professional footballer playing in the first or second division is 'dogshit' or 'dreadful' with 'no footballing brain'. What a weird life. I wonder if they heckle window cleaners and dentists as well
    As a matter of fact, I often heckle my window cleaner but figure it’s not wise to heckle my dentist.
    ...it's also fairly difficult to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    _MrDick said:
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, The signings we need are the equivalent of ..

Hamer
    Wiggins
    Morrison
    Taylor
    Cort
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Green
    Kermorgant
    BWP
    Cullen
    Beilik

Plus a few others

Jordan Cousins isn’t of the required standard so it’s a Non from me
    I agree with your point but how can you say that Cousins isn't the standard of Hollands.  Very similar players, similar ages (to when we signed Hollands).  One has played his whole career so far, nearly 250 games, in the championship.  One managed 14 games above league 1 in his whole career.

Everyone that played for us in the last 100 odd years is either a world beater or crap, as this thread proves. Everyone who played for us in 2012 and 2019 were brilliant and everyone who played for us in 2010 and 2021 were total shit. 

There have been 2 members of the same youth team linked to us now.  One played 120 odd games for us in the championship, got a very good contract, then was sold as we got relegated.  The other was released after a hand full of first team games and has never played above league 1 since. 

Guess which one people want back?

Agreed .. but I still think Danny Hollands was a better player than Jordan Cousins back in the day. 
  • Options
    Some of you are way to over sensitive in your reactions to a few posters talking about ex players returning 😂
  • Options
    Congratulations Tomer Hemed currently 10 goals in 12 games for Wellington Phoenix in the A league.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Decent striker ..... oh wait a min 
    Found his level, good luck to him. Australian football league standard is dreadful though.

This season has been very entertaining and is top half of League1 standard. Hamed looks fitter and sharper and is scoring for fun. Again it  proves, not working out at Cafc has no correlation with your career post Charlton. Pigott, Michael Smith, Arter, Francis, to name just 4.  

Look mate, agree Aussie football is different standard from Championship, but we are League 1 and we have to get in players who can focus on the here and now. 3rd  tier unfortunately and we have to respect it and plan accordingly. 
  • Options
    Cousins maybe to Luton with Nathan Jones? Think he'll get another Championship deal
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cousins will no doubt end up at Luton as Jones took him to Stoke and was his coach in our academy. Move on guys! 
  • Options
    Richard Cawley’s already confirmed Mullin isn’t a target. Last season was the first time he’s regularly scored goals - have to be careful with goalscorers that it’s not a one off and that they have the ability to step up. Paul Benson for example scored about 10 league goals for us but he was very limited outside the box, while he was a decent goalscorer he wasn’t good enough for a promotion chasing side.
  • Options
    One good season wonder .. journeyman another Ajose 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!