Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s v Wigan Athletic | Play-Off Final | The Valley | Friday (21st) 6:15pm - kickoff delayed

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Addickted said:
    clive said:
    Still plenty of tickets remaining.
    Really surprised at this.

I assume the 6pm kick off is putting a few people off.
    Yeah, early kick off and 3 days notice probably hasn’t helped. 
  • Options
    I imagine this will still be the biggest crowd - or one of the biggest - a lot of players have ever played in front of. 
  • Options
    The ticket website payment system is down, would have gone otherwise
  • Options
    Yes, I just tried to buy a ticket and got all the way through until payment. It says contact the booking office....which is of course closed all day today. If anybody at the club is seeing this, what should I do next?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Payment system still down.  I 'phoned the club, they are aware but seemingly doing nothing about it.
  • Options
    Payment system still down.  I 'phoned the club, they are aware but seemingly doing nothing about it.
    How do you know they aren’t trying to get it sorted?
    I’ll put money on it they are.
    A bit of an unfair assumption on your part AA, if I may say so.
  • Options
    Still not working
  • Options
    Unfortunately I am unable to go due to prior engagement, but the lads playing must be very excited to see the ticket sales COYR
  • Options
    rain and 40mph winds might also put some off wanting to sit in the lower west....I've missed the Valley (but not that much ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rain and 40mph winds might also put some off wanting to sit in the lower west....I've missed the Valley (but not that much ;)
    Yes that section is surprisingly draughty, no wonder they all bring thermoses and blankets to games!
  • Options
    Getting a weird glitch where Im trying to buy a ticket but when I add one to the basket it automatically adds two then complains Im not allowed 2? When I try to remove one it just dumps me back to the tickets landing page with an empty basket?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Rain, wind, early kick off, shame not more notice available, they will do well to get 600 from the way it seems to be going according to reports on here, will look forward to watching.. on the stream.
  • Options
    How do you know they aren’t trying to get it sorted?
    I’ll put money on it they are.
    A bit of an unfair assumption on your part AA, if I may say so.
    If you had had the conversation I had over the 'phone with the club's staff, you would have drawn the same conclusion.  Note, I didn't say they wouldn't do something about it, only that it would appear nothing was being done at the time I spoke with them.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Getting a weird glitch where Im trying to buy a ticket but when I add one to the basket it automatically adds two then complains Im not allowed 2? When I try to remove one it just dumps me back to the tickets landing 

I had this -had to buy 2 (allocated to someone on my friends list).  Guess it is to do with people sitting in bubbles/not sat next to a stranger.  Looks like there are some single seats in WSG which you should be able to buy on its own.
  • Options
    Still not working for me
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Getting a weird glitch where Im trying to buy a ticket but when I add one to the basket it automatically adds two then complains Im not allowed 2? When I try to remove one it just dumps me back to the tickets landing 

I had this -had to buy 2 (allocated to someone on my friends list).  Guess it is to do with people sitting in bubbles/not sat next to a stranger.  Looks like there are some single seats in WSG which you should be able to buy on its own.
    Youre right, I had to assign the second ticket to a friend. All sorted now, thanks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing tickets are not available on the night.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Still not working for me
    Do you think the club's trying to tell you something?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Youre right, I had to assign the second ticket to a friend. All sorted now, thanks!
    Sounds like a "Cunning Plan" that Baldrick would have been proud of..
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Still not working for me
    Do you think the club's trying to tell you something?
    I have given up now, the message has got through.
  • Options
    So looking forward to walking into the Valley stadium 🏟️ again.

After a lot of faffing about on the ticket website the B20 gang  finally aquired 6 ticket's in the same area.

A visit to the Royal Oak first for a lemonade 😁 or two. 
  • Options
    Just received an email with a link to a video regarding tomorrow night.

Unless you bring a blanket &/or a thermos in a clear plastic bag you may have to join a different queue where presumably a search will be conducted......bit OTT methinks. With no services available on the concourses, and people coming straight from work or school, I would have thought it sensible to bring a sarnie & a drink ( with no top , of course !) 

Not to worry. 

My bottle of plonk will be hidden safely inside my coat with a long, flexible straw snaking under my scarf in the direction of my large gob (so I'm told...) 

Who needs a blanket for inner warmth ! 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Disappointing tickets are not available on the night.

What about encouraging tickets, are they?
    We are still under partial lockdown restrictions at the moment, the club needs to plan ahead to know how many stewards to have and which areas to open up

If it's like the MKD game I went to, they'll make a loss on the exercise because of the number of extra staff needed
  • Options
    Just received an email with a link to a video regarding tomorrow night.

Unless you bring a blanket &/or a thermos in a clear plastic bag you may have to join a different queue where presumably a search will be conducted......bit OTT methinks. With no services available on the concourses, and people coming straight from work or school, I would have thought it sensible to bring a sarnie & a drink ( with no top , of course !) 

Not to worry. 

My bottle of plonk will be hidden safely inside my coat with a long, flexible straw snaking under my scarf in the direction of my large gob (so I'm told...) 

Who needs a blanket for inner warmth ! 
    Rain, cold & windy tomorrow :-(