Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s v Wigan Athletic | Play-Off Final | The Valley | Friday (21st) 6:15pm - kickoff delayed

Comments

• Options
    It certainly wasn’t easy to buy tickets. Being able to only buy a single ticket was painful.

If you wanted to book during the valley gold window, everyone in the group had to have valley gold. If I wanted to take my son I couldn’t. If I wanted to go with a non-VG friend, still couldn’t book.

nearly put us off several times. 
  • Options
    I'd purchased two tickets in my name within two minutes online on Wednesday morning.

No issues whatsoever. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maybe a silly question...🤔,most of day tried buying a couple of tickets but had same problem after picking seats,it stopped at the actual booking stage,so I then tried again in the  evening & late last night,now on site saying “no event found” so the question was have they now sold out...?
    thanks
  • Options
    Maybe a silly question...🤔,most of day tried buying a couple of tickets but had same problem when getting to booking them,then tried again in the  evening & late last night,now on site saying “no event found” so the question was have they now sold out...?
    thanks
    They were taken off sale at 5pm yesterday 
  • Options
    Maybe a silly question...🤔,most of day tried buying a couple of tickets but had same problem when getting to booking them,then tried again in the  evening & late last night,now on site saying “no event found” so the question was have they now sold out...?
    thanks
    They were taken off sale at 5pm yesterday 
    Ahhhh ok...,never mind,thanks mate,for letting me know...
  • Options
    I can go now :)
    Anybody have a spare?
  • Options

Fans can watch Charlton U18s’ Professional Development League 2 national play-off final against Wigan Athletic live on YouTube on Friday evening.

The clash – which will be contested at The Valley – kick off at 6pm BST.

A small number of supporters will be in attendance to cheer on the Addicks’ academy. Tickets are no longer available. Fans who cannot attend will be able to watch every kick of the game live and for FREE on the club’s YouTube channel.

Click here to visit the club’s YouTube channel.U18s Wigan free
  • Options
    I can go now :)
    Anybody have a spare?
    I've messaged you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBF it was difficult to arrange in a few days considering you only had 600 tickets on sale and if it had been general sale straight away, Valley Gold fans could have lost out;
    Though under 18's  games wouldn't normally attract many thought the door. But these are unusual times and it was a tough estimate 

As it was, with shocking weather forecast with high winds and rain in retrospect the tickets could've been sold differently.

Ironically one of the wettest I have ever been was at the away end at Holmsdale road when it was split. Not a League match from memory as I can't remember the crowd being big.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ironically one of the wettest I have ever been was at the away end at Holmsdale road when it was split.
    ...and it wasn't even raining.
  • Options
    A word of warning for anyone travelling by car to the game from Kent - the traffic at Dartford M25 / A2 is dreadful - the Dartford crossing bridge is closed 
  • Options
    FFS.

Just about to leave. I suppose all the Dartford traffic is being sent to the Blackwall Tunnel?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    FFS.

Just about to leave. I suppose all the Dartford traffic is being sent to the Blackwall Tunnel?
    It’s pretty bad I’m afraid
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    FFS.

That would explain the traffic through Greenwich being totally fecked. 
  • Options
    Oh shit I'm going to this! Let's uh start getting ready I guess
  • Options
    I’m in the River Ale House with a nearly empty glass of Tonbridge Countryman and a glass of Beerblefish 1820 waiting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    What’s Carragher got to do with Wigan, does his son play for them?  Just looked his sons the captain for Wigan.
  • Options
    What’s Carragher got to do with Wigan, does his son play for them?  Just looked his sons the captain for Wigan.
    Cheers I wondered the same, be worth keeping an eye on him if the game can go ahead

Not the best preparation for their youngsters though if they've not arrived yet
  • Options
    Cheers I wondered the same, be worth keeping an eye on him if the game can go ahead

Is there a suggestion that they haven’t?
  • Options

Is there a suggestion that they haven’t?
    Well going by what Carragher says about the fact that families and staff havent arrived

Cant see the staff and players travelling separately...
  • Options
    I’m sure the if the players hadn’t arrived that would have been the first thing Carra said...
  • Options
    Carragher’s son is highly rated and linked to Everton who was his old mans team before the years at Liverpool 
  • Options
    I only saw the last half hour of the semi final but I was really impressed by #14 Mitchell - thought he was everywhere and complimented the flair players around him wel. Hopefully he can make an appearance in the second half.