Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s v Wigan Athletic | Play-Off Final | The Valley | Friday (21st) 6:15pm - kickoff delayed

Comments

• Options
    Bakrin the no.5 has to be one of the slowest players I've seen in a Charlton shirt (and I've seen me in one)
  • Options
    Wigan will rue that miss if we get back into this.
  • Options
    Our marking in our own box hasn’t been great, we’re playing the better football but Wigan have missed two glorious chances 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Yikes! How was that not 0-2?
    Did you voice Shaggy in Scooby Doo 😉
    Nah, I'm more of a Velma.
    Always fancied Velma, never understood what people saw in Daphne. 
  • Options
    Bugger 0-2.
  • Options
    Poor goal to concede.

Game over I feel.
  • Options
    Aaron Henry hasn't impressed at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I think we had our "final" last week V Birmingham, we haven't really been up to speed tonight
  • Options
    sorry but tonight Wigan are the better team
  • Options
    Henry doing too much Hollywood stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No real quality in our attacking group. 
  • Options
    Now giggling at Beadle having to get one of the outfield players to do his laces up for him.
  • Options
    Can’t see us coming back now - lacking cutting edge / final ball up front sadly
  • Options
    Barker looks a great prospect tho. Not sure where I would play him. He might make a good defensive midfielder.
  • Options
    Good referee this, better than many in L1 this season 
  • Options
    It really is like watching the first team. 
  • Options
    Velma (not Thelma as I thought) was the brains. One would certainly enjoy an evening in her company.

Missed most of the game but it seems a close game but Wigan have taken their chances.

Time for Leaburn
  • Options
    Weirdly harsh comments imo.

• Options
    Can’t string passes together. Feels like an off night for Henry and Campbell in particular.
  • Options
    Has Leaburn had another growth spurt? I don't remember him being that much taller than some of his teammates earlier in the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got bored after 10 mins.
    Wigan looked a better, bigger team. 
    I thought we won't get back in this game. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Has Leaburn had another growth spurt? I don't remember him being that much taller than some of his teammates earlier in the season.
    Yes, he's about 6'4" or 5" now

I think it was Carl or maybe my cousin Anthony who said on CharltonTV that he needs to grow into his body.

He's still a first year scholar so will still be with the u18s next year I think.
  • Options
    Disappointing result but I thought Santos looked class. Definitely looks like he has some pedigree.
  • Options
    Who was that in the wheelchair on the pitch with our squad?
  • Options
    Harsh. I thought we played well for long spells, without testing their keeper enough
  • Options
    Harsh. I thought we played well for long spells, without testing their keeper enough
    Yes, that's what I thought 1st half.
    They looked like scoring we didn't.
    I didn't watch the 2nd half. 
  • Options
    Only watched first half , but I don't think there was much between the two sides . Beadle , Barker and Santos impressed most .
  • Options
    Decent performance but undone by 2 set pieces unfortunately. Their right winger was very very good but other than that felt we had the better players.

Santos my man of the match. Hugely impressed by his all round play today.

Twat of the match is whoever that Wigan player was that said something to Barker at the final whistle. Classless scum.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I was disappointed with Henry as I thought he looked good in the first game. I think if you are close to the first team you have to show game to game. From what I saw, Barker is the closest and Beadle looks exciting. Work to do with the others. The centre halves are good with the ball but need to learn their defensive craft. Pearce may be a good tutor. Nobody should be written off of course, they are still young.