Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone else not fussed about Englands progress in the euros?

Comments

• I am also club over country, but I'd still love to see the celebrations if England won a major competition.
  • I love tournaments and always want England to do well. The bit I hate is living in Wales the bit of me inside that gloats when Wales lose I just cant stand the nationalistic shite that comes up all the time. Believe me the feeling i had when Wales beat us last time is beyond words and the tossers still havent stopped going on about it. BBC Wales even made a fucking documentary about it !!! Please god dont let's us lose to them this time 
  • As I’ve accrued the failures as I got older and seen beyond the usual hype, getting out of the group is considered a success.

I watched all the games for the last 2 years , barring the last friendly game, and I haven’t been impressed with what I’ve seen, come up against a decent side with a good manager and we’ll fall apart.

I think Southgate is on borrowed time , and after we got stuffed by Iceland a few years back , I’ve learnt to keep my expectations low, anything else is a bonus.

We've got some good promising players, that on their day will give anyone a run for their money,  but I’m not sure we got a good team / astute enough manager, although he comes across as a decent fella.
  • What would you rather, England guaranteed  to make at least the final, or Charlton are guaranteed to be unbeaten in the first 2 months of the season? 
    Gotta be Charlton for me. 
    England for me. Charlton have 46 games during the season to get things right. 92 games in fact in between major international tournaments.
  • I think you right mate we are used to underachieving and I think we may be disappointed this time. We will get out of the group no worries but the first decent team we face will beat us. Imo not down to the ability of the team more a case of not knowing how to use them. For the first time in a long while we have enough talent to challenge but we need a world class management team to sort them out. We always seem to get FA people and I like Southgate as a person but he doesnt seem to have much of a clue imo. 
  • AndyG said:
    I love tournaments and always want England to do well. The bit I hate is living in Wales the bit of me inside that gloats when Wales lose I just cant stand the nationalistic shite that comes up all the time. Believe me the feeling i had when Wales beat us last time is beyond words and the tossers still havent stopped going on about it. BBC Wales even made a fucking documentary about it !!! Please god dont let's us lose to them this time 
    I don't really see them getting out of their group this time
  • Don't expect England to do much at any tournament. I was pleasantly surprised at the last World Cup. Whereas I will Charlton on every game and I am devastated when we lose. Needless to say I have been devastated a lot lol 
  • Where are you from
    We’re from INGERLAND!!!
  • Club before country every time.

I could not give a s*** whether they win or lose.
    Because you've been so loyal watching all those Charlton games last season...
    Give 1990 a promote please.
  • Sponsored links:

• What would you rather, England guaranteed  to make at least the final, or Charlton are guaranteed to be unbeaten in the first 2 months of the season? 
    Gotta be Charlton for me. 
    I’d choose Charlton.

And I know that unbeaten in first two months of the season would be ten 0-0’s and us sitting in 17th position come October.

Ah so you are a draw man. 
    Little legs would soon be down the boozer cheering the lads on if there was a couple of free beers in it for him.

Because you've been so loyal watching all those Charlton games last season...
    He didn't say which club.
  • Charlton over England all day long for me. I find international football boring now but will watch a few games in the hope a great match takes shape. I am lucky enough to have watched England win the World Cup in 66 but it has all gone downhill from there. And the hype, it makes me laugh.

I really do not think England will win another major tournament again.
  • Charlton means a lot more to me but an England match in a big tournament is a special occasion and the more of them we win, the more special occasions we have.  I do get right into the matches as I don’t want the party to end 
  • Weird that people don’t know who White is, didn’t he score against us last season?
  • Couldn’t care less about the national team and will be having a few quid on them going out in the group stages.
    You’re either a jock or just weird . I’m having a few quid on the latter 
  • Dave2l said:
    SamB09 said:
    For some reason over the last few years i've just been bothered about Englands progress in the euros/world cup.

I still watch them for the entertainment aspect but the feeling of wanting to win like when i watch Charlton just isn't there when watching England. I think the last time I was that interested was when we got knocked out to Germany and Lampard had that goal disallowed.
    Anyone else or am i just a weirdo, i'm 32.

Snap, 32

The digital age
    Money
    Repetitive crappy media
    Coronovirus
    FIFA - money and ignoring tradition/constantly changing things
    Politics
    Lack of personality

Are factors.

I feel the same. I partially just don't really give a shit about it. I'm not 100% sure what is actually missing.

Heart isn't really in this to be honest, although I'm pretty sure that is going to change soon as kick off happens against Croatia.

It is ridiculous we are 2nd favourites to win this tournament... according to sky bet. Why on earth are we 2nd favourites. We haven't won anything for over 50 years.

I don't know much about the depths of the squad. Lot of names I've never heard of before.

The routine is usually getting knocked out in the QF and feeling hurt by it. Yawn.

I simply don't give a crap about friendlies and qualifiers. 

The FA are useless 
    And only one thing ever!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    SamB09 said:
    For some reason over the last few years i've just been bothered about Englands progress in the euros/world cup.

I still watch them for the entertainment aspect but the feeling of wanting to win like when i watch Charlton just isn't there when watching England. I think the last time I was that interested was when we got knocked out to Germany and Lampard had that goal disallowed.
    Anyone else or am i just a weirdo, i'm 32.

Snap, 32

The digital age
    Money
    Repetitive crappy media
    Coronovirus
    FIFA - money and ignoring tradition/constantly changing things
    Politics
    Lack of personality

Are factors.

I feel the same. I partially just don't really give a shit about it. I'm not 100% sure what is actually missing.

Heart isn't really in this to be honest, although I'm pretty sure that is going to change soon as kick off happens against Croatia.

It is ridiculous we are 2nd favourites to win this tournament... according to sky bet. Why on earth are we 2nd favourites. We haven't won anything for over 50 years.

I don't know much about the depths of the squad. Lot of names I've never heard of before.

The routine is usually getting knocked out in the QF and feeling hurt by it. Yawn.

I simply don't give a crap about friendlies and qualifiers. 

The FA are useless 
    I dont think its been the same squad for 50-years though?
  • Couldn’t care less about the national team and will be having a few quid on them going out in the group stages.
    Nothing weird about trying to win a few bob on England performing badly, we have zero chance of being the outright winners 
    Nothing weird about trying to win a few bob on England performing badly, we have zero chance of being the outright winners 
    Again . Not true. We have a small chance but not zero 
  • I don't know why there is a club over country or country over club thought process. 

You obviously support both. It's not a match.

There was nothing wrong with the original post. 
    Bit of soul searching.

I love football....and it's a bit of a numb confusing feeling when I temporarily don't really give a shit about it.

It's going to be a crazy tournament and perhaps a rather historic one!

Cmon England
  • England are very much the Millwall of international Football so I can understand English football fans not wanting to be associated.
    Is a view, but having followed England to more countries than games Scotland have actually won, I’d argue we’re actually very well received in most places, most of the time. So nerr!😉
  • I'll attempt to watch every single game of the euros, (silly o'clock kick off times here), until England get knocked out then I  pretty much lose all interest.